Let's speculate on starters if we get Woody

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Adams backed by Glanton in the middle. Flanked by St Amour and Branch. Swilling and Mitchell are out there. Who else? One linebacker and one safety? Two true linebackers? Who would they likely be?

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
I think the OLB spot, walking up to the line and playing downhill has tremendous potential for Victor Alexander to flourish. Vic is more of an attacking, downhill athlete than lateral player. You'd think this would play into Jaquan Henderson's skillset too. Antwan Owens has the combination of the body type for a 3-4 end, and the quickness to benefit from what Woody does also.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
St. Amour, Johns and Vic would have to be OLBs in this system with Cerge-Henderson and Adams (Smith could also see time here) splitting time at NT. Then put Owens, Branch, Glanton, Chimedza, Alston, and Dawson at DE. At ILB, Mitchell and BJS.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I know this is supposed to be fun and all that, but once again folks who know next to nothing about position skills -- don't take it personally; we don't and guys who do it for a living every day struggle to get it right -- want to put a team together. I know nothing of Woody, at all, and just admit it. And keep in mind that when Ted Roof was hired as DC the speculation, immediately, was that he was going to make a great successor to Paul Johnson. I really am more interested in the end of term to see if Roof's son will eat a year of eligibility and follow his dad to NCSU.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The D line could go a ton of different ways, I’d assume Adams, Saint-Amour, Branch, Owens, Glanton, and Henderson would rotate on the DL. If we land Chatman, it wouldn’t surprise me if he beat some of those guys out along with TK.

LB: Swilling, Mitchell, Henderson, Vic, maybe Gray, or one of the redshirt ATH from last year depending how how much size they added (Carpenter, Oliver, and Showell) I also think Saint-Amour could play some OLB, and maybe Jalen Johnson. (Not sure of his size)

S: Gray, Campbell, Johnson, Bonds, or one of the redshirt guys I mentioned. I could see the frehman Thomas as well.

CB: Kerr, Simmons, Askew I would think are the first three guys. But then we have Swilling, and King (freshman).

It would be nice to rotate atleast 6 guys on the D line and 7 at LB.

If I had to go strictly on what I have seen or heard I would go with this.

NT: Adams, Glanton, Henderson
EDGE: Branch, Saint-Amour, Owens (need someone else to step up)
ILB: Swilling, Mitchell (need someone else to step up)
OLB: Vic, Henderson, Saint-Amour, (need someone else to step up)
CB: Kerr, Simmons, Askew, (need someone to step up)
S: Gray, Champbell, Johnson

I could also see Dingle and Jackson having the chance to get some playing time. (True freshmen)

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I know this is supposed to be fun and all that, but once again folks who know next to nothing about position skills -- don't take it personally; we don't and guys who do it for a living every day struggle to get it right -- want to put a team together. I know nothing of Woody, at all, and just admit it. And keep in mind that when Ted Roof was hired as DC the speculation, immediately, was that he was going to make a great successor to Paul Johnson. I really am more interested in the end of term to see if Roof's son will eat a year of eligibility and follow his dad to NCSU.

Talk about a party pooper

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
IIUC, TD would also have to forgo scholarship for that first year at NCSU as well, since it is an inter-conference transfer.

I really hope that Roof came to GT mainly for the school, and not as much to be coached by his Dad. It seems like Ted's leaving was fairly amicable so hopefully there's no hard feelings from the Roof family that would make him want to leave.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
IIUC, TD would also have to forgo scholarship for that first year at NCSU as well, since it is an inter-conference transfer.
I feel pretty sure Roof could cough it up, but I doubt he would want his son to lose a year's playing time. One gets only four years, he ha used one, and time moves along. I think he will stay and that Roof will tell him to stay. The kicker might be any lingering animosity for the departure. Anybody have any insight?

GTdragons

Jolly Good Fellow

I’m pretty sure I read that the ACC did away with this rule, so he’d only lose the eligibility. Think it was in the Ken S article about Roof’s departure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk