Let's compare coaches, just for fun !

GT_EE78

Banned
Let's give this a rest. really, it's not happening. It's tiresome and I am assuming you got out in '78, which should make you old enough to know better. I'm not happy at 1-2, most likely, 1-3 but nothing is happening until the end of the season. Until then I will hope for CPJ and the Jackets to win out.
nope , it's time to sink or swim. Your attitude is advocating for the sinkers. (but yea i'm still rooting to win every game) lots of guys could take over now and do better. but we'll probably be doing it all again at the end of the season ( how many years did we go thru this with chan and hewitt?)

GT_EE78

Banned
Mike, of all the matter of fact things you say (Duke will go 6-6 and meet Minnesota in the Sun bowl, or something like that) I find it humorous you added that CPJ's firing is only a big possibility. I don't disagree, just think it's funny.

Someone said it earlier, but we literally just got beat by Charlie Strong and a team full of worse recruits. Strong is familiar with Florida from his time there as DC, and made relationships while at Louisville and Texas. Someone like Tom Herman might burn bridges when he leaves, but Strong is high character enough for most of you that he's still got good relationships where he would need them if he were to coach at Tech.
Damn good argument for strong, let's get him started for the CLemson game , bet the line would go down to 7.

GT_EE78

Banned
Y'all sit and think about it for a minute hell go get a drink get me one

Y'all have all these names of who you want but you know they would pick someone you don't know and you will need to google his name to find anything about him. happen all the time every where.
OK. i got the drink and now it's gone. So what? a new name would be fun to google

GT_EE78

Banned
PJ is a good coach. if every school had equal talent, we would win a lot of national championships, but that's not the way it works.

I know I have stated that hiring the current DC was a mistake. I'm not saying he is a bad coach. Just the wrong scheme for GT.

Bottom line is we don't have equal athletes. Even our athletes that are supposed to be good, don't look very good right now.

Yes, including the QB.
Soooo , the job of coaching doesn't include recruiting? hmmm , seems like you an the AD agree a lot.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Guy's you know how this works ( if the time comes ) not one coach mentioned on here will be interviewed by the time we find out who it is 80% will need to google the name just to see something about him. After first week 70% on here will say that is the guy they wanted . 5% will want he fired before the season ( can't make those 5 % happy any time). Once the season starts 95 % will think we hired the right guy after we win the first game against Little Sisters of The Poor . After the first loss we will be right back here doing this again.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Guy's you know how this works ( if the time comes ) not one coach mentioned on here will be interviewed by the time we find out who it is 80% will need to google the name just to see something about him. After first week 70% on here will say that is the guy they wanted . 5% will want he fired before the season ( can't make those 5 % happy any time). Once the season starts 95 % will think we hired the right guy after we win the first game against Little Sisters of The Poor . After the first loss we will be right back here doing this again.
You haven't seen anything yet,what's it going to be like if and when GT is 2-6 going into the North Carolina game?:wideyed:

GT_EE78

Banned
I had not really thought about this but the evidence you present is irrefutable. The rest of us literally have no chance of competing for titles which really begs the question for most programs, what then, is the point? To the names you have listed there are a few elite factory type schools that have not tasted glory with a national championship but certainly have the resources and the recruiting bases to do so. LSU, Nebraska, Texas A&M, Notre Dame, UGA, Michigan, and Penn State to name a few. So realistically you have about 17 to 21 teams that are in the universe of national title contenders.

I am beginning to think with the rampant cheating, paying players, academic shenanigans, bagmen, and the like associated with these "institutions of higher learning", perhaps it would be better for certain teams to cut ties with the NCAA which has become a laughingstock and form their own league.

I am thinking primarily of colleges that are willing to maintain a semblance of academic integrity, adhere to an agreed SAT and high school scholastic record standard and simply withdraw from the rat race of football factories that are no better than pro football minor leagues. To be sure, this is admittedly nothing more than wistful thinking on my part but I am thinking about primarily the private universities like Duke, Wake Forest, SMU, Northwestern, the military academies, Tech, Vanderbilt, Syracuse, Boston College, Pittsburgh, perhaps some others like Virginia, Tulane, Temple, and others that see through the hypocrisy that is currently going on. On the other hand, it is likely that the lure of easy money would be too hard to resist and therefore the aforementioned would continue to be punching bags for the factories to varying degrees.
hiring a new NCAA is a novel approach so I'll be interested to see the response from the whiners who claim we can;t afford a new coach.

GT_EE78

Banned
Y'all sit and think about it for a minute hell go get a drink get me one

Y'all have all these names of who you want but you know they would pick someone you don't know and you will need to google his name to find anything about him. happen all the time every where.
how many times i seen this? Ok I'll go get another drink

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I'll name 2 coaches that interest me. They are young enough to intrigue recruits and younger coaches are doing really well lately.

Jason Candle and Neal Brown.

Thoughts?

I'm a Jason Candle fan.

GT_EE78

Banned
Assuming Venables isn't a viable option. Also want someone that will employ an entertaining brand of offense that kids may want to come play in.

1. Mike Yurcich, Oklahoma State, OC
2. Neal Brown, Troy, HC
3. Jake Spavital, West Virginia, OC
can't comment about these guys but it would be nice to have a guy who will admin like Dabo and Nick who already has had success at the P5 level and put many into that next level. If he doesn't do OC,DC or recruiting then he's gotta hire them. It's only money. ( That's what we have an AD for)