Let the Hype train Begin...

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
How's MJ's passing? We need passing to stop the sellout against the run. JT was a phenomenal passer- we'll miss that. I still am shocked at the cohones CPJ and JT had in that orange bowl to call those pass plays. He was confident JT would connect with his 2nd choice, after losing smelter.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Only way we ever see a true 2 headed QB situation is when one doesn't separate from another.

Agree about the true 2 headed QBs with CPJ but a second QB in a game where we go into the 4th Q far enough behind to need our best throwing QB, or situations where a pass is obvious to everyone. Putting a Devine or other pass protecting (BB) players in as well should be an option in those situations. Sort of the reverse of using Byerly in short yardage obvious run situations.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
If it's not TaQuon Marshall they need to move him back to A-Back or WR.

Thoughts?

TMarshall has the MLD curse. He is talented and versatile enough to play 3 positions. Unfortunately there is a line ahead of him in all 3 positions. Hopefully he will keeping grinding and something will open up for him (a la Perkins). I like him at AB. If he red shirted he would have a year after Lynch and Searcy are gone (along with Green) and he, Cottrell, Jarrett, and Gant would be the AB line.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Too early to sleep on Glanton and Henderson also. KCH will be a true junior but I still considered him a young player this year. Both can still make big strides. I think KCH might could stand to lean down a little and work on his pad level.

DL will be heavily scrutinized pre season and in early games. Will be interesting to hear coaches appraisals.

Totally agree, everyone forgets those two were thrown into the fire early and should be truly coming into their own physically the next two seasons.

I am excited about Branch as well, he brings some heat that weve been missing on pass rush

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Most experienced GT fans know that it's a fools errand to try and predict the next season with any sort of accuracy this far out, especially based on some crude formula of "We had X Wins this year, only lost Y numbers of players, got Z guys coming back on O and D, we play such as such at home = {rose-colored Win total!!}

The reality is college football is tremendously volatile due to the parity of talent and the age of the players. Sure, Bama will be good and probably 3-4 other blue chip factories. But every season, especially for GT where our margin of error is razor thin, is its own entity. And as noted above, things are not the same in NOv. as they were in September. Things are not linear in college football. Random things and chaos play HUGE roles in individual games, and ultimately W-L records.

That said, think we will be at 8-4. ;)

Hey SOWEGA are you in Albany? Agree with your assessment by the way. Our margin of error is razor thin and has been for decades. The only way to mitigate this to a certain extent is to redshirt and focus on player development. It is absolutely critical to our future success. UGA, Florida, Clemson, FSU and a few others can afford to have multiple 4 and 5 star busts. We can't.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Same here about Lewis. Whenever his name came up, PJ and other coaches kept saying words that he doesn't know the assignments. I hope that he can fix that before next September.

"Doen't know his assignments"? I don't believe it. Lewis is a good player and needs to be on the field. Maybe he couldn't beat PJ and Brant out in the 4-2 set but he always seems to be playing with enthusiasm and emotion. I like him a lot.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
"Doen't know his assignments"? I don't believe it. Lewis is a good player and needs to be on the field. Maybe he couldn't beat PJ and Brant out in the 4-2 set but he always seems to be playing with enthusiasm and emotion. I like him a lot.
I agree with you he plays with enthusiasm and emotion but go back and watch some games and focus on him. He doesn't know his assignments. I could be wrong but I don't think he was enrolled in the spring 2016 semester. That might have something to do with him being lost at times out there.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you he plays with enthusiasm and emotion but go back and watch some games and focus on him. He doesn't know his assignments. I could be wrong but I don't think he was enrolled in the spring 2016 semester. That might have something to do with him being lost at times out there.

He was not enrolled in school in spring 2016? That might explain a few things.