Let the Hype train Begin...

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Returning starters :
Offense 8/9
Defense 9

9 win season, might finish the season ranked. Will probably start next season ranked.

Best Recruiting Class CPJ has ever signed coming in, don't care about Stars/Numbers or any of that BS. This is his best class ever.

A QB battle, something we haven't had in 3 years.
Matthew Jordan RS JR.(1-0) , TaQuon Marshall JR (0-0), Jay Jones RS FR (0-0), Lucas Johnson RS FR (0-0).

Our Deepest group of A Backs in a LONG time.
Searcy
Lynch
Green
Cottrel
Gantt
That's probably the most talented 5 Deep we've ever had except maybe 09',14'.

Finally some real Depth on both sides of the ball on the line.
3 Freshman OL stepped up big time.
DL is big and is finally starting to get some pressure.
Defensive backfield might be Johnson's best ever,
Austin Twins, AJ and Corey + Askew Swilling Bonds = No fly Zone.

I have not been this excited about GT Football in a long time!!! We have a great opportunity to beat a good SEC team in week 1.
IT'S NEVER TO EARLY TO GET HYPE!!!
Go Jackets.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
Returning starters :
Offense 8/9
Defense 9

Finally some real Depth on both sides of the ball on the line.
3 Freshman OL stepped up big time.
DL is big and is finally starting to get some pressure.
Defensive backfield might be Johnson's best ever,
Austin Twins, AJ and Corey + Askew Swilling Bonds = No fly Zone.

I have not been this excited about GT Football in a long time!!! We have a great opportunity to beat a good SEC team in week 1.
IT'S NEVER TO EARLY TO GET HYPE!!!
Go Jackets.

I agree with you that, for the most part, we should be good to go, BUT I also still remember 2015 and what expectations we had for that pre-season (OL, e.g.). Am I excited about the players returning and the new faces that I hope will be superstars? Yes, but I'm not about to get on any hype train. (sorry) :grumpy:

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
As of now here is how i think 2017 will go

Tennessee L(GT win is very possible)
Jacksonville State W
Central Florida W
North Carolina W
Pitt W
Virginia Tech L
Wake Forest W
@Duke W
@Miami W
@Virginia W
@Clemson L
Georgia W

GT 9-3 and 7-2 in the ACC

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
As of now here is how i think 2017 will go

Tennessee L(GT win is very possible)
Jacksonville State W
Central Florida W
North Carolina W
Pitt W
Virginia Tech L
Wake Forest W
@Duke W
@Miami W
@Virginia W
@Clemson L
Georgia W

GT 9-3 and 7-2 in the ACC
Largely agree, but Miami, VT, and UNC are all flipems. I'd say you take 2 of 3 as well, but they could be 3 wins, or 3 losses.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wish we played Miami and Clemson earlier in the season when their new QBs are still breaking in. UNC/VT will be breaking in a new QB as well.

Of course, so will we...

As far as schedule.
Tenn has to replace QB and all RBs
Miami QB
VT QB
Clemson entire offense
Pitt Entire offense
Duke, UVA, UGA Wake they need a new offense.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer
What's interesting is how GT improves over the course of a season. We usually start out just OK, and as the season goes we get better. We got a lot better in 2014 week to week. We got better in 2016 as well. We didn't get better in 2015 (too much inexperience and too many injuries ?).

Looking back on 2016, if we played BC again at the end of the year, I honestly think we run them out of the stadium. One of these years, we'll start the season "pretty good" and keep improving. I just don't see it next year with a new QB. Sadly, there will be early season growing pains.

/

Deleted member 2897

We've got to figure out how to not start slow like we do every year.

Home Games: Tennessee (mostly), Jacksonville State, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, georgia.
Road Games: UCF, Duke, Miami, Virginia, Clemson

Pretty favorable if you ask me - our toughest games will be the likes of Miami and Clemson, so might as well have those on the road anyway. :) I see 3-2 on the road. With the early leaves for the NFL and graduation, I see 4-2 at home (ignoring georgia). That's 7-4 before georgia/ACCCG/Bowl Game. We have the momentum there to get to 8-4. If we could pull off 6-2 in the Coastal, that could be enough to win it. But we can't start slow and drop stupid games early. We also need to end the stupid string of tons of our opponents having BYE weeks before they play us. Last year IIRC Miami, North Carolina, and Duke all had BYEs. Georgia Southern had a 10 day gap the week before. A couple other teams played FCS opponents the week before us.

We were very fortunate to really have only 1 bad injury this year, and that was Freddie Burden with 18 minutes left in a bowl game we were winning 20-3.

I think its not unfair or unreasonable to expect 8-9 wins next year. But that could be derailed rather easily with lackluster/fumble fingers QB play or injuries.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I agree with you that, for the most part, we should be good to go, BUT I also still remember 2015 and what expectations we had for that pre-season (OL, e.g.). Am I excited about the players returning and the new faces that I hope will be superstars? Yes, but I'm not about to get on any hype train. (sorry) :grumpy:

Heck, I still remember 1991. We had just won a national championship, and we were starting with Penn State in a Kick-Off Classic outside NYC. Everyone was super hyped...and we got crushed in that game and went something like 7-5 that year......

You can keep your hype. I'll wait until I see what that team actually does on the football field....