Let the countdown begin.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
gal-coaches-14-jpg.jpg

The Silver Haired Whacko. Today is to him at #9.

9 consecutive tournaments from 84-85 to 92-93
Only losing in the first round twice in those runs and making it to at least the regional semi-final 4 times.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
4336160.jpeg
1120_large.jpg

8-The number of times GT has been ranked in the final end of year rankings with the highest of 6. Mr. Dalrymple will represent that number as he was on both teams that finished 6th and I started the countdown after the 45th day.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Man I had high expectations of Glover. That was back when, if you were Mr. GA basketball, you almost had to come to GT.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Something tells me today's countdown is gonna be like Christmas morning for someone.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Something tells me today's countdown is gonna be like Christmas morning for someone.

It certainly was for me! Thanks OP.

Also, do yourselves a favor ...

There's also a highlight package from that heavyweight (yes, heavyweight) matchup between Marbury and Iverson in MSG that year. Man those were the days.

Shout-out to Tony Akin too, btw. He gets forgotten a bit but was a really good player in that GTPG line too. Have a pretty funny story about him in my International Business class too once the statue of NCAA limitations runs out. o_O

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I was reading something on Akins last week (who knows where it was now) that said TA is the only player to do so? Could be bad info.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I was reading something on Akins last week (who knows where it was now) that said TA is the only player to do so? Could be bad info.
Akins was definitely a Day 1 starter. I've got no idea if Price was, but I know he has the career record for starts, possibly because of more postseason play.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
According to basketball reference Price did start all 126 of his games. Must have been bad information. So it appears you cant believe everything you read on the internet.