Let’s do Junior’s Grill while we’re at it.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
It was before my time, I think the Tech Motel was built in its location. I googled Techwood Theatre and got this picture.

View attachment 3733
What a great picture of Techwood and Juniors. I remember when "The Big Country" starring Gregory Peck was on the Techwood marquee one day. Some Tech students in the dark of nite changed it to The Big Cun_ starring Pecke_. :censored:

Yes, I remember when the Techwood was affectionately called the Armpit. And I remember Junior's, of course, where a Boston cream pie was called chocolate pie by everyone. The cooks at at Junior's were usually fresh out of the army where they had learned their trade. "Boils and beans" meant boiled potatoes with beans.

If you ordered an entire chocolate pie after super and ate the whole thing by yourself, the pie was free. I don't recall anyone ever getting a free chocolate pie. :cry:

And no, the Tech motel was not built on the Junior's location which was near the center of the block. The Tech motel was built at the upper end of the block near the expressway. :pompous: