Legitimate observation/question

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
You don’t even know his name. You’re saying he can pass better than Oliver because he completed....one(?) pass against us?
You people must be who An ex GT coach was talking about when he said He was gonna start letting the fans coach the team because they thought they knew it all.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Oliver is no QB ! The Citadel QB can run and pass . And for sessions being drafted I got it from a division One head coach but I guess you know more than he does!

Looking at actual statistics, he is slightly better. Rainey is 14/23 80 yards/game 3 INTs. Oliver is 11/26 84 yards/game 2 INTs. I guess according to you that is heads and tails better.

Did I say that I know more? I said that I don't see him listed on ANY site that tracks NFL prospects. Not one. Not a single one. The only place I have ever seen any indication that he might have a chance of even making an NFL practice squad is a random guy on an internet forum that claims to know a "division One head coach". I don't put much faith in statements from random guys on internet forums.

Boss Ross

Jolly Good Fellow
Looking at actual statistics, he is slightly better. Rainey is 14/23 80 yards/game 3 INTs. Oliver is 11/26 84 yards/game 2 INTs. I guess according to you that is heads and tails better.

Did I say that I know more? I said that I don't see him listed on ANY site that tracks NFL prospects. Not one. Not a single one. The only place I have ever seen any indication that he might have a chance of even making an NFL practice squad is a random guy on an internet forum that claims to know a "division One head coach". I don't put much faith in statements from random guys on internet forums.
Well since you know so much why don’t you tell us who the 5star QB that is coming to GT in the not to distant future . I know but I bet you don’t. Talking to some of you on here is like talking to a little kid you think you know everything but you don’t know nothing.

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Sessions will be drafted and if you think Oliver is better than their QB well I guess you know more than some people that make their living scouting and coaching football. I have been told by professional coaches and college coaches the TALENT level at GT is as low as it has ever been . There is 55 freshmen on this team and the talent level will start to improve after this next class and these freshmen get older. One college coach told me that at the end of last season GT had not one player that could make the 2 deep at ugag or Clem’s son . No one is a bigger GT fan than I am but sometimes you have to take off the gold glasses.

Tobias Oliver led GT (you know, the team with little to no talent) to three double-digit wins over P5 football teams last year running Citadel's offense.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Well since you know so much why don’t you tell us who the 5star QB that is coming to GT in the not to distant future . I know but I bet you don’t. Talking to some of you on here is like talking to a little kid you think you know everything but you don’t know nothing.

Where have I said that I "know so much"? When I post things that directly refute what you say, you then change to something different. You know a "division One head coach" who says that an AB with 34 total yards rushing on the year is a lock for the NFL Draft. "Professional coaches and college coaches" give you insights that you are so kind to use as "proof" that you are correct. You have "inside" recruiting knowledge that even all of the recruiting websites don't have any idea about. However, I would say you are correct that this conversation is like talking to a little kid.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Hasn’t Butch Jones been the best UT coach out of he last 4? I mean , he actually took Tennesse to some bowl games didn’t he? That seems like a good accomplishment.

Butch was laughed out of Knoxville. He did bring some stability to a program that needed it, but in the end lost the locker room, the fan base, and every SEC game.

Jmonty71

Banned
Shouldn't you have typed "This does not mean that I do not want Collins to succeed" or "This does not mean that I want Collins to fail"? What you typed says that you DO want him to fail.
I don't want to see Collins fail. However; so far; he's been nothing but a failure. I think this is what was trying to be expressed. I get it. I really do. Collins comes in with all this hype. He comes in with all this talk. He comes in and acts like the savior for the GT football program. To date, he appears to be nothing more than an over hyped, false prophet, that can't back up his words.

I can understand losing due to the talent gap. However; that doesn't explain the Citadel game.

I don't think Collins is the answer. I think he is just another number added of bad decisions that the GT program has made over the last 8 years or so.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Imagine getting laughed out GT with back2back 9-4 seasons the previous season

He didn’t get laughed at for the record. I think most fans would say he made them relevant again.

But, the stars had aligned for UT to win the SEC East and didn’t. He ran off players like Jalen Hurd and Alvin Kamara and was accused of playing a lineman with a concussion. Add in his language, locker room fights, his game day coaching, his insistence on bringing MAC ball to TN ... and everyone had had enough.

slugboy

Staff member
Sessions? The 5'8 Junior AB with 35 yards rushing on the year? Bahahahahahaha..........hahahahahahahahah...........................lmao

Aren't you the same poster that was saying Ken Whisenhunt had the job? Do you just enjoy being wrong?

Are you sure Whisenhunt didn’t have the job lined up before the fan base freaked out about “Chan 2.0”?

If someone in the AA told me the contract had been all but signed, I’d believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Look, if the basic problem is that our talent level is just ridiculously low as a team, especially on both lines, it becomes impossible tp win football games without using gimmicks like the triple option.

IF that is the case, Collins is NOT going to trash the young men who play. So, his explanations will be unsatisfactory because he has to make up something else to say.

Maybe, just maybe CPJ really was an offensive genius with the 3O and we over-performed by 3-4 wins on talent because he was that good. And maybe, just maybe, CGC will be fine once he gets his guys in.

I am as frustrated as anyone but I still think Collins gets a few years before we decide he is incompetent. All anyone can honestly say is that his first year...is ugly.

armeck

Jolly Good Fellow
How the hell people make these conclusions after 4 games is beyond me.
We are approaching the middle of the season, just had an extra week to prepare - still looked disorganized and under performing. How the hell do you NOT come to these conclusions?

The bye week should have had GT redrawing the playbook, refocusing the players, figuring out a way to win with what we have. This was not it chief.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
We are approaching the middle of the season, just had an extra week to prepare - still looked disorganized and under performing. How the hell do you NOT come to these conclusions?

The bye week should have had GT redrawing the playbook, refocusing the players, figuring out a way to win with what we have. This was not it chief.

The team was 1-3 last season and looked like dog poop. Not saying I expect the same type of turnaround because I don’t. I didn’t think this team would win 4 games tops this season cause I knew it would be a reclamation project. They don’t have the bodies to execute. This team was picked LAST for a reason. I saw improvement. I see a team that is one of the least penalized. I see a strong secondary and better tackling team. I see an offense that trying to figure out what can I do. I see a team that plays hard. The offensive execution will get there with more in game reps, experience, coaching adjustments, and most importantly the joes for the offense. In other words it’s gonna take time.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Our coaches will always need to out think the other team's coaches, especially the teams you guys want to beat, UGAG and Clem's Son and any other top 15 recruiting factory. GT can get into the top 25 occasionally with recruiting, and maybe CGC can find a way to do it consistently (although with the current trajectory, I am concerned), but even with that, it will take master strategicians to win big.

For example, the ONLY team in the top 10 right now that isn't basically loaded with 4 and 5 star guys is Wisconsin, and I do believe their coaching staff is special.