Legitimate observation/question

Jim Prather

Helluva Engineer
That's been my fear as well. I always thought next year would be brutal; which made this past year VERY important. Since we screwed this past year up so bad, we don't have the leeway that I think we are really going to need for next year.

upwgdrb

Jolly Good Fellow
My nightmare scenario here is:

We win 3 - 4 next year (not this staff's fault, btw), our recruiting begins to fall off, the fanbase, already disaffected, goes nuts, Collins goes half way through year 3 after 5 straight loses. The Bill Lewis scenario, iow.

I fear this more because I don't know if we can sustain our recruiting momentum. I think a lot of the attention we got from recruits this year was a lot more about curiousity concerning the new staff then a sudden rebirth in interest in attending Tech (did that ever exist?) among Georgia players. So what if next year we end up with 2-3 4 star recruits and our "overall ranking" slips to the mid 30s? Or worse?

Personally, I think Collins - provided he learns more about gamely coaching - deserves at least three years, even if our recruiting falls off a bit somewhere in there. But I'm not sure that the environment today will allow that. And, let's face it, if Collins fails then Tech's football program will be on the ropes.

But … maybe we'll win 5-6 games and do even better recruiting next year then we will end up doing this year! Then all bets will be off.

This is very possible.
Next year is going to be tough. Be lucky to win 3 games. The third year is critical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Luckily i think that our AD has a plan and fully understands the difficulty of the transition GT football is facing, he also has to see the difficulty of our schedule and adjust expectations accordingly. Additionally, we’re not financially able to fire coaches every 2-3 years no matter how bad a portion of the fanbase screams for heads to roll. Our fb leadership has a plan and are playing a long game and it is going to play out for at least 5 years no matter what imo.