LeBarrie suspended indefinitely?

slugboy

Staff member
This is absurd. I’m Nassir Little’s father and my support for Coach LaBarrie is unfettered. This is an outright lie. If someone actually told you that, and you believe them...I don’t even know what to say. This is disappointing to read this here. The people on this site were always nothing but class personified during the recruiting process, but this is patently false. Darryl is a true Jacket and for people to do him like this with these lies is horrible. I’m sad for him and crap like this makes me sadder. Say what you will...believe what you will. I know that this didn’t happen and I give my full support to Darryl LaBarrie and that entire staff.
Thanks--I was wondering why I look in this thread, and this is the first time I've seen "news" in a while. Best to you and your family, and I hope DLab is back soon.
(edited to add: no disrespect intended towards anyone, but the signal to noise ratio here has been getting a lot worse)

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I don't know if there are any facts known outside the staff and any others directly involved. (obviously, Mr Little would know if his son were offered or given anything.) I simply posted what I was told by someone who is one the folks that would know and he is someone who has never led me down a false path before. That doesn't mean he's right on this one. I still hope @Jumpman is spot on with this guidance, as he's been solid source of info many times for us

More than anything else, I hope this comes to a conclusion soon so everyone can move on with their lives constructively

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
The one issue is that Jumpnan won’t confirm/deny the notion by many that DLab is/has been terminated?
It is not his place to make DLab's future known. Wait for Georgia Tech to make the announcement Hagans nor any 2019 recruit has signed yet we can still recruit him if DLab comes back if not we most likely wouldn't replace until after the season, however I am confident DLab will be back and recruiting like before!

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is absurd. I’m Nassir Little’s father and my support for Coach LaBarrie is unfettered. This is an outright lie. If someone actually told you that, and you believe them...I don’t even know what to say. This is disappointing to read this here. The people on this site were always nothing but class personified during the recruiting process, but this is patently false. Darryl is a true Jacket and for people to do him like this with these lies is horrible. I’m sad for him and crap like this makes me sadder. Say what you will...believe what you will. I know that this didn’t happen and I give my full support to Darryl LaBarrie and that entire staff.

T, hope you're doing well. It is frustrating. People that know Daryl or how this staff operates have been saying for a while that this had nothing to do with Nas Little or his visit and that things needed to play out.

My gripe with this entire thing is the silence and how long it has drug out. The length of time that this thing has been going on allow for stupid rumors and **** like this story to bubble up. Maybe I'm just naive, but I've never once thought the issue had anything to do with money or strip club

Last edited:

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The one issue is that Jumpnan won’t confirm/deny the notion by many that DLab is/has been terminated?

I'm not sure he would tell you either way. Besides, he's only been around sporadically as of late because "cool guys" like yourself. Best source we've had in ages, only on this board (free), and you felt like you knew more (you don't) and ran him off.

Some folks just don't when to say when.

Sebastian GT

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm sure your parents knew everything you were ever offered or given too.
This whole thing is ridiculous including the father off a former recruit coming in here lecturing people when his kid is named in the FBI report and he just signed with UNCheat of all schools. So we should believe him over any of the rest of the crap posted in here? Whatever Labarrie did is being kept extremely quiet. Many people that post on these boards have a connection somewhere and can find things out but in the case off Labarrie no one is talking. More quiet than usual for Tech which combined with the length off his supposed suspension doesn't bode well for him. It's a ****ty situation and has cost us at least one 5 star recruit and worse it pushed the guy to the cesspool. Typical Tech. Our basketball program has shown signs off life here and there but every time we feel like we're close to "getting over the hump" and finally getting back to signing elite players that put us in the tournament we get the door slammed in our faces. For Labarrie's sake I hope whatever he did is not a career ending thing and that our basketball program doesn't suffer anymore than it already has because of it.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure he would tell you either way. Besides, he's only been around sporadically as of late because "cool guys" like yourself. Best source we've had in ages, only on this board (free), and you felt like you knew more (you don't) and ran him off.

Some folks just don't when to say when.[/

You seriously think I’m trying to be “cool”? I’m a 3rd generation jacket, alum and booster. I donate a lot to GT and athletics is a huge passion of mine. The only issue I’ve ever had with Jumpman and his info was his original take that the DLab stuff was minor. I said then I heard different and he got real defensive. I could care less if someone knows more. When it comes to this board and GT athletics I only care that GT comes out on top. In this situation GT will do the right thing.
Over the years I’ve tried to keep others informed of stuff that I was told. Some wrong or never panned our and a lot that did end up happening. With that I’m done, this will be my last post here.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

BDB, I'm the first GT fan in my family and a lifelong GT sports fan. While I didn't graduate from Tech, I still donate my fair share in the form of football and basketball season tix,etc. The difference seems to be that you feel as though that makes you always right or that you know more than the rest. Not true.

For all you know, it is minor, but that's just it, we don't know. My point of contention is that through your quest to be Mr. Big Shot, you ran off the best source on GT basketball in some time.

If you disagreed with him on DLab, why not just realize that he's been right MANY times before and go about things a bit differently? You kept grinding the stone.