LeBarrie suspended indefinitely?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
We've had 3 players and an assistant coach suspended. Even if you don't agree, if you can't discern the reason some people have reacted the way that they have then that's on you.
I hear you, but some folks almost seem to be equating GT with things like UNC has done. I believe Jumpman, and suspect we have suspended Moore for leaving the toilet seat up (OK, kidding...but sounds like it is NOT serious) and some folks are making it sound much worse than it appears to be.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
I hear you, but some folks almost seem to be equating GT with things like UNC has done. I believe Jumpman, and suspect we have suspended Moore for leaving the toilet seat up (OK, kidding...but sounds like it is NOT serious) and some folks are making it sound much worse than it appears to be.

you are probably right but PERCEPTION is everything these days.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
you are probably right but PERCEPTION is everything these days.
Perception? I don't care if non-GT fan thinks negative things about our program. It's not like our fans don't bad mouth other programs. That's what fans do. We may be unique when it comes to the challenges we face fielding division 1 athletic teams , but non-GT fans don't appreciate it and don't care.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Was it an innocent accidental violation or did he know it was a violation when he did it. That would make a difference to me. There are so many NCAA rules I could see how it could happen unintentionally.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I gotta say, I don't know WTF is going on with our BB program. As a season ticket owner I'm thinking of asking for a refund!!

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
I gotta say, I don't know WTF is going on with our BB program. As a season ticket owner I'm thinking of asking for a refund!!
Go ahead so we can give your tickets to real supporters of the program. Anything that has happened this year has been minor. GT reports violations and proactively suspends before the NCAA rules on a violation so that players and coaches aren’t away from the program any longer than needed. If anything you should be supporting a coach who played for Tech, graduated from Tech, and is on his second stint as a coach at Tech. Anyone on this board who has ever met DLaB can vouch for his character as a person. Show me someone who has never made a mistake in their life, intentionally or accidentally, and I’ll point out that’s a newborn.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Hey, ladies, chill out. The NCAA has created an environment where we have no idea what is a death penalty infraction and what isn’t. JP is self reporting everything to keep the punishments to zero. If it was money or even gifts it would be a nation wide story, the fact that it isn’t combined with Jumpmans reassurances makes me feel alright. At some point you guys have to trust a source. He’s been right, well, a lot. When he’s wrong, I’ll turn on him too. Follow me now......

Until then..........simmmah down meow....

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Hey, ladies, chill out. The NCAA has created an environment where we have no idea what is a death penalty infraction and what isn’t.

Wait, are you suggesting NCAA is run by GTSwarm moderators? Isn't it bad enough that the Hive is after you?

Just asking ...

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey, ladies, chill out. The NCAA has created an environment where we have no idea what is a death penalty infraction and what isn’t. JP is self reporting everything to keep the punishments to zero. If it was money or even gifts it would be a nation wide story, the fact that it isn’t combined with Jumpmans reassurances makes me feel alright. At some point you guys have to trust a source. He’s been right, well, a lot. When he’s wrong, I’ll turn on him too. Follow me now......

Until then..........simmmah down meow....
I hope I don’t report anything that will make you turn on me.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
Completely hypothetical man. I appreciate your info
Glad I can provide info that you can’t find on that other site. I just ask that everyone here supports our players and coaches. I would especially ask that you guys support DLaB, Josh, Tad, & Justin. None of us are perfect and we all make mistakes in life. If any of this was serious I would be the first to say unleash the hounds but it is all minor violations. Should they all have made a different decision? Yes, they should have but we all can look back and say the same things about ourselves. Many of you are social media savvy. Reach out to DLaB and let him know you support him and can’t wait to welcome him back.

JacketGirl

Jolly Good Fellow
Glad I can provide info that you can’t find on that other site. I just ask that everyone here supports our players and coaches. I would especially ask that you guys support DLaB, Josh, Tad, & Justin. None of us are perfect and we all make mistakes in life. If any of this was serious I would be the first to say unleash the hounds but it is all minor violations. Should they all have made a different decision? Yes, they should have but we all can look back and say the same things about ourselves. Many of you are social media savvy. Reach out to DLaB and let him know you support him and can’t wait to welcome him back.
Consider it done!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

Are you saying that they didn't break any laws? Cause if you're saying that no laws were broken, that's one thing. You could just say that it's not like they broke any laws or that any laws were broken by them.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Perception? I don't care if non-GT fan thinks negative things about our program. It's not like our fans don't bad mouth other programs. That's what fans do. We may be unique when it comes to the challenges we face fielding division 1 athletic teams , but non-GT fans don't appreciate it and don't care.

i agree with you but dont you think we have enough trouble recruiting as it is without supplying rival staffs ammunition? sorry but this stuff DOES not help our program at all.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
Are you saying that they didn't break any laws? Cause if you're saying that no laws were broken, that's one thing. You could just say that it's not like they broke any laws or that any laws were broken by them.
Has anyone been arrested? People who break the law get arrested. These are NCAA infractions, minor ones at that. Nothing more, nothing less.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
i agree with you but dont you think we have enough trouble recruiting as it is without supplying rival staffs ammunition? sorry but this stuff DOES not help our program at all.
It would go something like this:
Player: Why should I sign with you over GT?
Coach: They had an AC and some players suspended for minor NCAA infractions. We get away with major infractions and drop a bag or two over here.
Player: Can I get that in small denominations? Thanks.

Fans think that these things have been major because honestly, most fans don’t know any better. Who cares what other programs are saying or will say about us. If a player is coming to Tech, they are coming to Tech. Bottom line.