LeBarrie suspended indefinitely?

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Everyone wants our basketball program to be up there with the blue bloods. Well, we signed with Adidas, have 3 players suspended and now have an assistant coach suspended indefinitely. Doesn't get more blue blood than that
Blue is just an accent color! ;)

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
Because Tech fans constantly bash other programs about how they recruit even though we do the same thing. Also, now that we know it happens there should be less excuses on why we are unable to recruit at a high level.
So tell us exactly what happened in this incident that is exactly like what other schools do. I’m sure you have all of the facts to make that statement, right?

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Because Tech fans constantly bash other programs about how they recruit even though we do the same thing. Also, now that we know it happens there should be less excuses on why we are unable to recruit at a high level.
You think we do the same things as others in recruiting?Do you have inside information on this? If we do the same thing then we're terrible at it, otherwise we would sign nothing but 4 and 5 stars and have classes to hide them in.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
You think we do the same things as others in recruiting?Do you have inside information on this? If we do the same thing then we're terrible at it, otherwise we would sign nothing but 4 and 5 stars and have classes to hide them in.

How many of our football and basketball starters would qualify to get in GT as regular students? We make exceptions, too. It's stupid to try and be half pregnant and claim that is somehow more noble than other schools.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
How many of our football and basketball starters would qualify to get in GT as regular students? We make exceptions, too. It's stupid to try and be half pregnant and claim that is somehow more noble than other schools.
Exactly, but they never wanna hear it. Once they realize that we are just like everyone else they will run out of things to use for excuses and things to make fun of Georgia for.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
So admissions exceptions and paying players to attend a school are the same thing? Okay.
Not at all, but it’s finally starting to emerge that Tech does a little bit of both. Does that make Tech a bad place or cheaters? No. All I’m saying is that Tech does it to, that’s not talking down on the Institute. If anything Fans should be happy that the GTAA is trying to make Tech more competitive.

Didn’t Devoe visit at the same time? Open your eyes a little. Tech is a good school and always will be, but it’s not a perfect clean cut program 100% of the time.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
Not at all, but it’s finally starting to emerge that Tech does a little bit of both. Does that make Tech a bad place or cheaters? No. All I’m saying is that Tech does it to, that’s not talking down on the Institute. If anything Fans should be happy that the GTAA is trying to make Tech more competitive.

Didn’t Devoe visit at the same time? Open your eyes a little. Tech is a good school and always will be, but it’s not a perfect clean cut program 100% of the time.

Well, I hate to tell you this but KQ is wrong and you are posting wrong info to support your position. But I’ll allow you to think you are right.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Well, I hate to tell you this but KQ is wrong and you are posting wrong info to support your position. But I’ll allow you to think you are right.
We’ll see how it plays out. My arguement isn’t that Tech payed Devoe or Little, my argument is that Tech has and does pay recruits just like EVERYONE else.

crut

Helluva Engineer

You're making assumptions based on information you don't know. Your argument is totally invalid at this point.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

Some would, some wouldn't. In 2013, the latest year I have seen numbers for, the average SAT score for football players was 1062. That was below the average for general students of 1420. However, right around that time(I don't remember the exact year) GT had the highest average SAT score in FBS football. An exception isn't allowing entrance to an athlete, an exception is when the athlete does not make a minimum score that qualifies and they are listed in a limited admissions category. GT football was limited to a maximum of four(I believe) until a few years ago. When the football team was able to maintain a high APR and high graduation rate, the school lifted the limit. CPJ said that it wouldn't make too much of a difference in recruiting. The reason was the other thing about athletes at GT that CHE90 was referencing when you called it stupid. The athletes must perform academically. At GT if you can't read at a middle school level, there is no place to hide. There are not a lot of professors that will allow you to skate through. The professors at GT do their job which is to teach. They don't work for the GTAA, and they don't answer to the GTAA. In my opinion, that is the way it should be at every university. It's stupid to believe that athletes at GT just practice their sport and party while the rest of the student body is hard at work studying. Some schools do allow that. GT does not. The athletes work their butts off on the field and in the classroom.