Laskey Injury Ramifications

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure some here are jumping off bridges right now, but I think a lot of those folks must just be younger than me. Life will go on, and we will have high points after today in this season.

But I do wonder what will happen if Laskey's injury is significant. Even though it's late, do we burn Legget's shirt?

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm sure some here are jumping off bridges right now, but I think a lot of those folks must just be younger than me. Life will go on, and we will have high points after today in this season.

But I do wonder what will happen if Laskey's injury is significant. Even though it's late, do we burn Legget's shirt?
I hope it's not his collar bone because that would be season ending. If its just a dislocated shoulder does any know how long those take?

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I think he injured it in the first half. This may be like Golden's injury last year though, and if so we will have no choice but to burn the shirt.

nodawgs

Jolly Good Fellow
Same injury he originally got in the playoffs in HS his Sr year on a punt return. The fact that we don't have depth at one of our primary positions says it all. Cutcliffe was right.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Days moves to BB fulltime...and just may become our starter. CPJ has to seriously consider playing Leggett for however many snaps. Connors will have to step up and fill in the gap between Days and Leggett.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
By the looks of things, I would be amazed if Laskey is able to go any time soon. I hope I am wrong. This changes everything. There won't just be 8 plays a game now for the rookie. I think our hand has been called. The shirt has to come off. The only other option is Days full time at BB. I would be OK with that, but it is nice having him at AB too.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
He might be. But I don't think this situation proves it. We were royally screwed by the Custis situation here.
We are always royally screwed by the playing field being tilted away from us because we choose to make our SA's be S's. It tilts farther and farther each year.

wuzjrbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
He might be. But I don't think this situation proves it. We were royally screwed by the Custis situation here.

We seem to be royally screwed by something almost every season :D. We discuss what so and so will add to the DL , BB, ..... and then the screwing begins.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
I wasn't able to watch the game (just listened to most of it, with some interruptions). What (specifically) happened to Zach? How was he hurt?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I wasn't able to watch the game (just listened to most of it, with some interruptions). What (specifically) happened to Zach? How was he hurt?

Hurt his shoulder earlier in the game and kept playing...I couldn't tell if he just landed on it wrong when he went down or if a helmet got it.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
Hurt his shoulder earlier in the game and kept playing...I couldn't tell if he just landed on it wrong when he went down or if a helmet got it.
Thanks. Please let us know what you hear for the Monday injury report (well, we know you will :cool:)

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Thanks. Please let us know what you hear for the Monday injury report (well, we know you will :cool:)

Kinda hoping I hear something tomorrow (well today now) but I doubt. It didn't look good...he could walk on his own but couldn't move the shoulder.

Last edited:

GTFLETCH

Banned
We need to Play CJ Leggit.......also with all the missed tackles by DB.....Why is the Austin twins on the bench, they clearly are the best tacklers

Life will go on even if Georgia Tech disbands the football program. I am wondering what "high points" you are alluding to for the remainder of the season? Winning two more games? Stopping someone on third and 12? Or something really special like running the table and going to the Orange Bowl? Realistically, we have a shot in 3 more games. 8-5 would be glorious, but a little far fetched to me. The most likely scenario appears to be 7-5 with back-to-back blowout losses to Clemson and Georgia to end our year. Then off to something like the Bitcoin Bowl in St. Pete in front of 22,000.