Laskey Injury Ramifications

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Life will go on even if Georgia Tech disbands the football program. I am wondering what "high points" you are alluding to for the remainder of the season? Winning two more games? Stopping someone on third and 12? Or something really special like running the table and going to the Orange Bowl? Realistically, we have a shot in 3 more games. 8-5 would be glorious, but a little far fetched to me. The most likely scenario appears to be 7-5 with back-to-back blowout losses to Clemson and Georgia to end our year. Then off to something like the Bitcoin Bowl in St. Pete in front of 22,000.

Sad but true.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
So the options are:

Days back to BB full time; Connors backs up

Connors starts, Days backs up and still is a slash player

We burn the shirt and Leggett splits time with Days and Connors

Snoddy back to BB, days and Connors back up

That's if Laskey is out.
What looks most attractive there?

When I watched it happen last night, it looked to me like he actually landed on his elbow, which could possibly jam or dislocate the shoulder, but hopefully not break anything. Regardless, it is what it is, and we (and he) have to deal with it. If he can't play again, I will definitely miss him; he's one of my favorite players (if not most favorite) on the team.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
So the options are:

Days back to BB full time; Connors backs up

Connors starts, Days backs up and still is a slash player

We burn the shirt and Leggett splits time with Days and Connors

Snoddy back to BB, days and Connors back up

That's if Laskey is out.
What looks most attractive there?

I say burn Legget's shirt, keep Days at AB full time. I thought he played great at AB last night, dishing out some punishment on his runs that our other ABs can't. I say this, of course, without ever having seen Legget play.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Laskey is a tough kid but I'd be surprised if he is back before the bowl game. It looked like he did a lot more damage than a stinger. Tough loss, but this is what happens to all teams and why depth is so important.

I'd love to see Leggett play this year to develop him for next year. But what we don't know is how he is at ball control and blocking.

I think Days will be the starter with Leggett getting some carries for the rest of the season. Maybe a bit of Snoddy. But again, what we don't know is the ball control and blocking for them.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
Snoddy probably hasn't done any practice at BB this year, which makes me think it's unlikely that he gets any game time at it.

Although we're humming on offense right now, losing our starting BB, and having no one with any resume at the position to step up makes me nervous.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Heard many a folk bemoan being stuck with Laskey at the position because he isn't a 'gamebreaker'. Hope he is as replaceable as many think.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Snoddy probably hasn't done any practice at BB this year, which makes me think it's unlikely that he gets any game time at it.

Although we're humming on offense right now, losing our starting BB, and having no one with any resume at the position to step up makes me nervous.

Yep. It's kind of crazy that we've got two guys in Perkins and Snoddy who came here to play B-Back, and both had good games at A-Back on Saturday.

I suspect that if push comes to shove we'd go with Days and Connors before burning Leggett's shirt. Maybe, we'll start prepping Perkins or Snoddy for the following week.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
It was when he landed on it. Either a collarbone or dislocation. Depends which gave way first.
More likely a separation not a dislocation --and I've had both.Either way it would be a while before he plays again.A dislocation can get a harness but a separation takes time .

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Is the AB and BB positions as easily interchangeable as we're discussing here or is Synjyn an exception in that he's just been able to be put in for both positions due to his experience?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Is the AB and BB positions as easily interchangeable as we're discussing here or is Synjyn an exception in that he's just been able to be put in for both positions due to his experience?
They're not that interchangeable imo but Perkins and Snoddy each have more than a year learning Bback.

stylee

Ramblin' Wreck
Featured Member
IIRC, Snoddy had his FR and SOPH year at BB after playingAB his redshirt year. Now back at AB.

Perkins was at BB for his redshirt, freshman, and sophomore year, but I think all were injury-riddled. I like how he has taken to AB - he's probably the best runner there now. I can't imagine losing him.

Days has looked good at points at BB. I don't know if I'd trust him alone the rest of the season...but what's the alternative?

Connors is a pretty good athlete (big, strong, pretty good straight ahead speed, if a little lacking in wiggle) but given the fact that the coaches have gone with Days as the true #2, I'm not sure if we trust him as a full-time guy.

I suppose we'll find something out tomorrow.