Las Vegas Mass Casualty Attack

You obviously have multiple degrees and zero common sense. Typical elitist attitude. I never labeled anyone you did. That’s the beauty of our rights and freedoms. You can label all you want as I can. But again that’s not a fact it is an OPINION.

Deleted member 2897

I own multiple firearms. What I think is odd is multiple *dozen* firearms.

Those people almost certainly have some mental illness.

You've also failed to state anything resembling a fact. Do you even self reflect, ever?

10 milllion people have a mental illness? Despite only being able to point to just a couple shootings? On top of being arrogant, I think you are also extremely - well, it's just really time to move on.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Just your healthcare illustration alone ended it for me. Using healthcare costs as proof for why the government should have control over guns, etc. the government is what's wrong with our healthcare in the first place. I mean that whole post was just craziness. I screwed this up over here, so therefore you must also give me control of this over here too. Crimes are the victims fault for not effectively being able to stop the crime. My personal feeling on what is normal should dictate laws. This is just pure insanity - I have to move on.

I didn't use healthcare!!!! At all! Except to say that when 560 people have to use healthcare all at once it costs me money too! Can you even read?

Show me where I mentioned healthcare as an illustration in a positive light! You are a knuckle dragging hillbilly moron. I'll pay you $20 if you can quote where I "used healthcare as an illustration" to justify "governement control of guns." You do not read well at all. F-. Go be a Dwag fan you incel.

Last edited:

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Just your healthcare illustration alone ended it for me. Using healthcare costs as proof for why the government should have control over guns, etc. the government is what's wrong with our healthcare in the first place. I mean that whole post was just craziness. I screwed this up over here, so therefore you must also give me control of this over here too. Crimes are the victims fault for not effectively being able to stop the crime. My personal feeling on what is normal should dictate laws. This is just pure insanity - I have to move on.

You're barely literate and don't present well for responsible gun ownership.

I have nowhere argued that "government should have control over guns" carte Blanche.

You are mentally ill or illiterate. God help you either way.

Do you even read AT ALL? You would be lucky to make a 250 on the reading section of the SAT.

It must be autism or something. Show me *anywhere* I said "just let government control your guns." Are you hallucinating?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I'm not trolling. You know how many kids are shot by accessing improperly stored firearms each year? Even hillbilly children matter.

The criminal thing is not that big of a stretch. If I give my car keys to a visibly drunk person I can be held liable in part.

Sandy Hook lady shouldn't have let her guns be easily accessible to unstable son in the same way.

I think you probably are trolling. More people use guns in defense annually than the kids you cite who are killed "playing with" guns. You are comparing some apples to oranges. In your prior analogy you used burglary victims.

Would you hold a home owner accountable if a burglar broke into their home, drank a quart of scotch their scotch (improperly / negligently stored), stole the home owners car (because the car key was not safely locked away) and then killed some poor sole in a DUI?

Deleted member 2897

Stop feeding the troll guys. The only hillbilly on this forum is the one using "The Captain" as an avatar.

Yep, I'm not ignoring him on GTSwarm because I don't do that, but I'm ignoring him literally. Texas Tech hopefully reminds people that even students might have guns - the GT officers couldn't just make assumptions.

Deleted member 2897

Some of the reasons we think Wrecking Ball is trolling include:
1) Said mentally ill can buy guns (not true).
2) Said he would set gun ownership limit based on his personal comfort level (silly for a variety of reasons).
3) Said victims of home robberies where their possessions are stolen are the true parties responsible for the crime (ie the old "she was asking for it").
4) Said most shootings are from people who own stockpiles of guns (not true).
5) Said every time there is a shooting, healthcare costs go up since we share in that. Then later said he never said anything about healthcare costs.
6) When we point out the errors in all these items, he then hurls insults around at us saying things like we can't read, we're hillbillies, etc.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

From what is listed as complaints against MGM, it looks like this is a lawyer's attempt to be the first to file a lawsuit.
  • MGM didn't notice him taking guns to his room.(I haven't seen a report about how he did it. How many trips? In what kind of containers?)
  • MGM didn't notice him putting surveillance in the hallways.(The camera guy for Erin Andrews wasn't noticed either)
  • MGM didn't respond quickly enough when the security guard was shot.(Understanding of the timeline is still in flux)
  • MGM didn't respond quickly enough when he broke the windows and started shooting.(Understanding the timeline is still in flux, and even if they had noticed right away the police didn't go in to stop him until more officers arrived with better equipment.)
She might win against MGM, but the complaints are just made up at this point with pretty much no thought.

Deleted member 2897

From what is listed as complaints against MGM, it looks like this is a lawyer's attempt to be the first to file a lawsuit.
  • MGM didn't notice him taking guns to his room.(I haven't seen a report about how he did it. How many trips? In what kind of containers?)
  • MGM didn't notice him putting surveillance in the hallways.(The camera guy for Erin Andrews wasn't noticed either)
  • MGM didn't respond quickly enough when the security guard was shot.(Understanding of the timeline is still in flux)
  • MGM didn't respond quickly enough when he broke the windows and started shooting.(Understanding the timeline is still in flux, and even if they had noticed right away the police didn't go in to stop him until more officers arrived with better equipment.)
She might win against MGM, but the complaints are just made up at this point with pretty much no thought.

Anything to avoid blaming the shooter.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer

I didn't read the complaint but as you outlined the plaintiff will have a very difficult time prevailing. Generally case law protects the hotel absent egregious conduct. One caution, Hilton got nailed several years ago in a case coming out of a Tailhook convention held there shortly after the first Gulf War. The plaintiff was a naval officer by the name of Paula Coughlin, it was a VERY interesting case and Hilton took it up on appeal after the verdict but settled out while the case was under appeal.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I didn't read the complaint but as you outlined the plaintiff will have a very difficult time prevailing. Generally case law protects the hotel absent egregious conduct. One caution, Hilton got nailed several years ago in a case coming out of a Tailhook convention held there shortly after the first Gulf War. The plaintiff was a naval officer by the name of Paula Coughlin, it was a VERY interesting case and Hilton took it up on appeal after the verdict but settled out while the case was under appeal.

IANAL. I didn't read the actual document. I just read the news reporters summary of them. As far as I know, there aren't any official reports yet. The police are still trying to put together what happened and when exactly. It just read to me as if they were trying to get a lawsuit initialized. I'm sure they will modify/add/delete claims and add/remove defendants as more facts come to light. It appears to me that in cases like this, lawyers want to be first to try to get class-action status so they can make more money.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
IANAL. I didn't read the actual document. I just read the news reporters summary of them. As far as I know, there aren't any official reports yet. The police are still trying to put together what happened and when exactly. It just read to me as if they were trying to get a lawsuit initialized. I'm sure they will modify/add/delete claims and add/remove defendants as more facts come to light. It appears to me that in cases like this, lawyers want to be first to try to get class-action status so they can make more money.

It would highly unusual for a plaintiff counsel to what to go for class action status in a case such as this. In something this horrendous individual plaintiffs play far better to a jury and even though there is commonality in the cases I would be shocked if a judge granted class action status.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Whatever you do don't claim this is yet another money grubbing lawyer bringing yet another frivolous lawsuit.....our resident GTSwarm ambulance chaser will take offense.

The timeline is still not officially established. I read one report indicating the shooter had bellhops help transport luggage, likely containing weapons and or ammo, up to his room. I guess the ambulance chaser expects the bellhops to search all bags they handle...smh.