Las Vegas Mass Casualty Attack

If you don’t like guns don’t own one. If an incident happens dial 911 and wait and wait and wait. Maybe you’ll be lucky and not a statistic.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
There's more to the Constitution than the Bill of Rights. The Privileges and Immunities Clause covers that and it's also covered by the process clauses in the BoR. Your freedom to move is in fact a fundamental right.

Yes, the founders didn't foresee an oppressive government that would attempt to restrict your movements. Not before seizing or outlawing your weapons anyway. They did foresee the possible infringement of other rights though...thus the Bill of Rights. Rights enumerated in clear language before signers would agree to implement the Constitution.

As to the number, who knows, but I don't know of a single scenario where one man and dozens of guns made any sense.

Where do these things happen outside of Hollywood where one man with thousands of rounds of ammo and dozens of guns is assaulted by enough people where he is, at the end of it, using the good family china and silver to defend himself and cursing himself for not getting another 2 or 3 machine guns and a few more belts of ammunition?

http://freebeacon.com/issues/oklahoma-man-uses-ar-15-defend-home-three-armed-intruders/

http://nation.foxnews.com/crime/201...gainst-burglars-shoots-one-them-fathers-ar-15

Needed a gun here....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/0...ids-in-new-jersey-home-invasion-cops-say.html

And here....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/09/sheriff-north-carolina-home-invasion-may-be-gang-related.html

Here is another incident...

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article177719226.html

These are just from a very brief online news search. Violence is happening daily. I'm glad it hasn't happened to you despite your father's involvement in dealing drugs. (If he engaged in that activity long I bet violence did visit him, if not his luck was extreme.)

Your line of reasoning indicates there is not a need in our country to defend ourselves, our loved ones, or our homes. That simply isn't true. Your use of the lame 48 cat analogy indicates you might utilize SNL as your primary means of a news source.

It's pretty conceited of you to think your idea of a reasonable number of guns should be used as a barometer for all.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
http://freebeacon.com/issues/oklahoma-man-uses-ar-15-defend-home-three-armed-intruders/

http://nation.foxnews.com/crime/201...gainst-burglars-shoots-one-them-fathers-ar-15

Needed a gun here....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/0...ids-in-new-jersey-home-invasion-cops-say.html

And here....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/09/sheriff-north-carolina-home-invasion-may-be-gang-related.html

Here is another incident...

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/northeast-tarrant/article177719226.html

These are just from a very brief online news search. Violence is happening daily. I'm glad it hasn't happened to you despite your father's involvement in dealing drugs. (If he engaged in that activity long I bet violence did visit him, if not his luck was extreme.)

Your line of reasoning indicates there is not a need in our country to defend ourselves, our loved ones, or our homes. That simply isn't true. Your use of the lame 48 cat analogy indicates you might utilize SNL as your primary means of a news source.

It's pretty conceited of you to think your idea of a reasonable number of guns should be used as a barometer for all.

Yes but in none of these stories was more than one gun used or needed.

I didn't draw a line anywhere, and only threw out a number in the 40s as absurd. So I didn't use my own personal opinion number.

I just think you are prima facie mentally ill if you have dozens of guns. And therefore shouldn't have guns.

And yes I'd be equally as likely to be displeased about my neighbor having 42 cats or 42 rifles or 42 dungeons and dragons sets or 42 lawn gnomes. That's a sign of mental illness.

Deleted member 2897

I didn't draw a line anywhere, and only threw out a number in the 40s as absurd. So I didn't use my own personal opinion number.

I just think you are prima facie mentally ill if you have dozens of guns. And therefore shouldn't have guns.

Well then I am glad you don't have anything to do with the laws. Your comment is the perfect example why we have the Constitution for our protections and why that matters.

I can't physically shoot 15 guns at once, so I can't figure out what you're so scared of.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Well then I am glad you don't have anything to do with the laws. Your comment is the perfect example why we have the Constitution for our protections and why that matters.

I can't physically shoot 15 guns at once, so I can't figure out what you're so scared of.

Is there any mass shooter who only bought and used one rifle?

It seems like most of them stockpile a hoard.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

More than one gun was probably needed to prevent the murders of the four elderly homicide victims....or maybe you just didn't read them all. But one would have been better than none. But why in the world would you contend a home being invaded by multiple armed perpetrators needs only one gun to defend against them? Is this opinion an example of prima facie mental illness on your part?

You used the number 40 as absurd...so yes you did use your own personal opinion number...more evidence of prima facie mental illness?

Unfortunately your opinion is shared by too many people in Congress who would love to torch the 2nd amendment. God save us from such egotists that think they are so all knowing as to know the proper number of guns, or any other material item, each citizen is "entitled" to.

And yes I'd be equally as likely to be displeased about my neighbor having 42 cats or 42 rifles or 42 dungeons and dragons sets or 42 lawn gnomes. That's a sign of mental illness.

I guess we are both happy not to share property lines.

Deleted member 2897

Is there any mass shooter who only bought and used one rifle?

It seems like most of them stockpile a hoard.

Most of them? I mean Sandy Hook the guns were stolen. Many times the guns are stolen. All the gang warfare is probably single gun. Virginia Tech was 2 handguns.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
I guess we are both happy not to share property lines.

The second amendment isn't absolute - as Scalia noted in Heller and the entire SCOTUS noted in Miller back in the 30s - and I know very few people who want to "torch" it.

Even Thomas Jefferson banned guns at UVA when he was regent there.

Reductio ad absurdism gets us nowhere.

I hope you are responsible with your firearms but I know a great many people who arent. Just this summer some deranged hillbilly set off 50 lbs of tannerite and damaged my house foundation and now my plumbing is leaking.

Your actions have consequences.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Most of them? I mean Sandy Hook the guns were stolen. Many times the guns are stolen. All the gang warfare is probably single gun. Virginia Tech was 2 handguns.

Stolen because they are improperly stored. We should require insurance on guns so that next time Hillbilly Joe lets his demented cousin Bucktooth Billy borrow the AK47, and Bill shoots up a school, Joes insurance compensates the victims.

Would cut down massively on kids being shot by improperly stored weapons and "stolen" weapons being used in crimes.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The second amendment isn't absolute - as Scalia noted in Heller and the entire SCOTUS noted in Miller back in the 30s - and I know very few people who want to "torch" it.

Even Thomas Jefferson banned guns at UVA when he was regent there.

Reductio ad absurdism gets us nowhere.

I hope you are responsible with your firearms but I know a great many people who arent. Just this summer some deranged hillbilly set off 50 lbs of tannerite and damaged my house foundation and now my plumbing is leaking.

Your actions have consequences.

No "right" or "freedom" is absolute. But the 2nd amendment is without doubt under constant attack by liberals...see D.C., Chicago, left coast gun control laws....see laws requiring ccw issuance only after a citizen "shows cause" etc. Ditto those sane libs that want to outlaw AR-15s, any magazine holding more than ten rounds (usually using the same kind of philosophy you espoused in your opinion on the number of guns anyone should own).

SCOTUS has been derelict in its duty to resolve these 2nd amendment issues. Unfortunately we have too many justices that choose to interpret the words of the Constitution to reflect their personal ideologies.

Deleted member 2897

Stolen because they are improperly stored. We should require insurance on guns so that next time Hillbilly Joe lets his demented cousin Bucktooth Billy borrow the AK47, and Bill shoots up a school, Joes insurance compensates the victims.

Would cut down massively on kids being shot by improperly stored weapons and "stolen" weapons being used in crimes.

Well to admit you are wrong, we made progress on the first part. Now we just have to convince you that when someone steals something, it's not the victims fault. This conversation is amazing. Do you blame rape victims too?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Smh. What is your issue with "hillbillies"? If your home is locked up and burglarized how in world do you rationalize persecuting the victims for the further actions later taken by criminals?

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Smh. What is your issue with "hillbillies"? If your home is locked up and burglarized how in world do you rationalize persecuting the victims for the further actions later taken by criminals?

Simple. Did you take reasonable precautions to safely store your guns or did you just leave them on the table for the passing hillfolk to take them? Same way we differentiate between at fault drivers and not at fault drivers.

My preoccupation for hillbillies is obviously for hyperbolic purposes. Also because hillbillies are genuinely scary.

Wrecking Ball

Ramblin' Wreck
Well to admit you are wrong, we made progress on the first part. Now we just have to convince you that when someone steals something, it's not the victims fault. This conversation is amazing. Do you blame rape victims too?

The body has mechanisms that prevent legitimate theft.