Lamont Simmons (DB)

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
If Kelly says there is no truth to the rumor, that means it's a done deal. It's his typical MO. He just wants to snuff out all the chatter so he has time to chase down info and catch up to the other sites so he can then "break" his "scoop".
is this the same guy who was shouting at Eric about allowing the board to write about Skov because it would wreck the transfer? Guess at some point he pretty much had to write about the transfer, but he surely does not handle stuff like this very well. I mean, like a grownup.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
He's from my neck-0-the-woods. My first thought was "we have room for another tranny?"

if you look at it...we may still have one slot open this year (2015) due to all the reshuffling of recruits (benson etc), then in 2016 he would simply take a ship from one of the leaving seniors etc...so he is almost like a 2016 recruit. So yes, we have space from that angle....(provided we have one open in 2015).

I would if this turns to be true...he is a legit athlete

GlennW

Helluva Engineer
If Kelly says there is no truth to the rumor, that means it's a done deal. It's his typical MO. He just wants to snuff out all the chatter so he has time to chase down info and catch up to the other sites so he can then "break" his "scoop".

More to the story than that, apparently...maybe grades issue, too.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
If he couldn't break the starting line up at USC, what makes people think he would be good at GT?

Simmons was redshirted this past year as a true frosh -- hardly unusual. Most reports indicate he was a candidate for playing-time rotation in the 2016 season. I don't see anything in his mere one year at USC to indicate that he isn't a legit player for Tech to welcome aboard, if that is how things turn out.

Declinometer

Banned
Simmons was redshirted this past year as a true frosh -- hardly unusual. Most reports indicate he was a candidate for playing-time rotation in the 2016 season. I don't see anything in his mere one year at USC to indicate that he isn't a legit player for Tech to welcome aboard, if that is how things turn out.
Thanks!

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Just has junior film on Hudl. Played a lot of press coverage and looks like a physical cover guy. Not afraid to hit someone. Wish there was senior film though. I am sure that's what our coaches will be looking at.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
He fits in perfectly with the current trend of bigger DB's we've been recruiting.

BBK

Jolly Good Fellow
If he couldn't break the starting line up at USC, what makes people think he would be good at GT?
They have two incredibly good CBs. One of them (Adoree Jackson), was ranked the #1 CB in the nation coming out of high school and has lived up to the hype. The other was the #6 CB, and has also been a very good player.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Hope we get him, definitely seems like he fits the mold of the big, physical CBs we've been recruiting recently.