Lamont Simmons (DB)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Given a choice between big good players and small good players go for the big. That said one of my favorite images is of Godhigh in the midst of UNC corners and safeties getting up and away for that ridiculous TD catch in '12, I think it was, that ludicrous 68-50 game that drove UNC fans crazy, not because of the score, but that particular corner of the ACC was the most vocal about a certain offense that would never work at this level. Not a word since.
So you're saying that they were skeptics?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
So you're saying that they were skeptics?
You know, it is not so much the skepticism around the ACC that bothered me as the blind smugness and rejection of any hint of a notion that something that looked different could compete, and the Gargoyle-like gate-guarding about Abacks and Bbacks and no tight end and so on. A bold exclamation point by two nationally televised games to end the season debunked that notion. Once they didn't want to play us because the offense was "different". Now it's because they know they're gonna get mauled. Not that I'm bitter.

1939hotmagic

Jolly Good Fellow
Apparently no more news since the flurry of new items two weeks ago -- at least according to quick search of Google News. Plenty of assumptions that Tech is the intended destination of preference, but that's all. Any "new news" would be welcome.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
One always wonders "why" in situations like this. Was he not going to see the field in Columbia? Did he have issues with anyone there? Did he simply decide he made a mistake and righted a wrong by switching to GT now? Did his girlfriend move to Atlanta? Could be anything...but I always wonder when I hear about guys transferring (in or out).

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
One always wonders "why" in situations like this. Was he not going to see the field in Columbia? Did he have issues with anyone there? Did he simply decide he made a mistake and righted a wrong by switching to GT now? Did his girlfriend move to Atlanta? Could be anything...but I always wonder when I hear about guys transferring (in or out).
Southern California USC in this case. I think he's just stuck behind 5 stars. Article earlier in the offseason said he had to compete with Adoree Jackson and that guy is getting talked up like crazy.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Huge. Huge. I am very worried about our secondary next year after we lose 4/4 starters. Bringing in a talent like him should be great for next year, especially because he can practice this year and be a part of the scout team.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Huge. Huge. I am very worried about our secondary next year after we lose 4/4 starters. Bringing in a talent like him should be great for next year, especially because he can practice this year and be a part of the scout team.

Losing numbers like that is tough, but the good news is that there will be some experienced depth in 2016 -- Kagawa, Griffin, Durham and Austin twins, plus add in this year's freshmen (AJ Gray, Dotson, Wigley, Curry, Walker) and Simmons. Uphill battle, but cupboard won't be bare (or too young).

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
From what I understand the two young guys ahead of him were both 5 star guys.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Behind two 5 stars not to mention Jax is what a 5 hour drive instead of a 5 hour plane ticket. Gonna have some big corners & safeties in the near future.