King Injury Factual Updates

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Agreed about that VT. However, and I say this just to shed a little perspective, Zach was on scout team two weeks before that game. And he was on scout team the week prior to FSU….all while still being a true freshman, and taking zero first team reps at any point up to FSU game week. And even that week Gibson was getting the majority of first team reps.

Funny story about the FSU game. Zach has always loved the history of college football. And everyone who follows college football that closely is aware of FSU and their chant. At one point in the FSU game, I believe he said it was the 3rd quarter, and we were getting closer to the red zone. He said he looked over to our sideline got the play, and turned to get the play relayed to the rest of the offense. We were going tempo also. He said when he raised his hands to start getting ready to go through cadence and do his hand clap all that, all he could hear was FSU fans doing their little chant. He said he forgot everything that was going on at the very moment and he said he thought to himself right there midway through the ball being snapped “damn this is pretty cool”. Said he remembered nothing else about that specific play.

So yeah that whole freshman year for him was a whole lot of drinking through a firehose and also some pretty awesome memories.
Dad

I’m confident that all of that extra passing work he’s put in that you spoke of a few weeks will be obvious today.

We love Zach. Good luck today.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
One thing you can take to the bank we’ll get max effort out of the Ginger. He’s a tough SOB and a smart kid. Glad he’s our back up and leading us today.

There’s posts about him leaving. I don’t know him but I believe this is why he’s here. He’s got an opportunity to play on a big stage he might not get elsewhere. How many back ups get to start against ND?

WraleighWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Big question is whether HK comes out in uniform or street clothes. That will tell how injured he really is - for this game and future games. He has definitely been fighting thru some level of injury for weeks(could have even happened in Dublin based on keys comments about a lot of guys dinged up). Hope for the best, prep for the worst. I am certain that ZP will show out today.

gtee91

Jolly Good Fellow
Big question is whether HK comes out in uniform or street clothes. That will tell how injured he really is - for this game and future games. He has definitely been fighting thru some level of injury for weeks(could have even happened in Dublin based on keys comments about a lot of guys dinged up). Hope for the best, prep for the worst. I am certain that ZP will show out today.
Should be sweats for this game so that a backup can be active

Golden Tornadoes

Ramblin' Wreck
Agreed about that VT. However, and I say this just to shed a little perspective, Zach was on scout team two weeks before that game. And he was on scout team the week prior to FSU….all while still being a true freshman, and taking zero first team reps at any point up to FSU game week. And even that week Gibson was getting the majority of first team reps.

Funny story about the FSU game. Zach has always loved the history of college football. And everyone who follows college football that closely is aware of FSU and their chant. At one point in the FSU game, I believe he said it was the 3rd quarter, and we were getting closer to the red zone. He said he looked over to our sideline got the play, and turned to get the play relayed to the rest of the offense. We were going tempo also. He said when he raised his hands to start getting ready to go through cadence and do his hand clap all that, all he could hear was FSU fans doing their little chant. He said he forgot everything that was going on at the very moment and he said he thought to himself right there midway through the ball being snapped “damn this is pretty cool”. Said he remembered nothing else about that specific play.

So yeah that whole freshman year for him was a whole lot of drinking through a firehose and also some pretty awesome memories.
I was at that game and remember being very upset that Gibson got the nod that game. I felt like we turned to Pyron too late in the game, but was very happy when we finally decided to put him in. I felt like Wes Durham when Charlie recovered that fumble at the goaline, Go Charlie, run Charlie, RUN!!

I too was stoked to go in Tally because of the history and pageantry. To this day one of the most beautiful stadiums I’ve ever been to.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Per my sources, .... he will be wearing clothes.
100%
crystal ball cat GIF by Percolate Galactic