Just heard Tstan on 680

jacob

Banned
Why, pray, is everybody feeding the troll here? True, we need younger fans. Do we need this one?
I'm not a troll and I'm not just some kid. This is literally hilarious. Just because i feel like we can be better than 6 or 7 wins a year i get called a teenager and a troll. Some of yall got low expectations.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
It's a helluva lot easier to recruit a class of 5 than one of 25. And a single 5 star in bball has a much larger affect on the team than a 5 star fball player does.

Absolutely true. But if we think CJP can recruit 1 5*
out of 4 recruits in a year, why can’t CPJ recruit 1 or 2 out of 25?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jacob

Banned

Watch out man you're about to be called a troll just because you want us to be better.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I'm not a troll and I'm not just some kid. This is literally hilarious. Just because i feel like we can be better than 6 or 7 wins a year i get called a teenager and a troll. Some of yall got low expectations.

Don't you have school tomorrow? We're not the folk that didn't give you enough candy last night. Let it go.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
The coaching carousel at Tech since Dodd retired pretty much validates that. You get a good one, he leaves (with the exception, fortunately, of CPJ). But most of the time, you get a dud.

Yes, but that’s not what you said. You said we’ve proven that getting a better coach doesn’t work. When have we gotten a better coach? That’s all I’m asking.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

According to rivals only 12 teams got a 5 star recruit last year. The entire Big 12 conference didn’t get one. FSU and Clemson are the only teams in the ACC who have gotten any in the past few years. Getting 5 stars is a holy grail if you aren’t one of the massive factory programs.

Yes, but that’s not what you said. You said we’ve proven that getting a better coach doesn’t work. When have we gotten a better coach? That’s all I’m asking.

I didn't say that. I was just disputing your response to whoever did say that. However, I believe that we HAVE gotten a better coach in CPJ, and he hasn't left us, thank God.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, but my take is that CPJ seems to be alright with his recruiting. Heck I'm sure there is at least one 5-star who gives a **** about academics, just saying.

Well, you would think but the fact is that all 5 stars and most 4 stars have spent their high school years being told over and over how wonderful they are, how they can do no wrong, etc. They honestly believe that the riches of the NFL are just over the horizon and college is only a step up the ladder. Sadly, a pretty good percentage of them have maxed out their ability in high school they are as good as they are going to get. Others, fall by the wayside due to injury and just plain bad luck. It happens. I do not know what the answer is to our current problems other than put more resources into recruiting. We have to get better athletes and understand that with us player development is paramount.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
It's a helluva lot easier to recruit a class of 5 than one of 25. And a single 5 star in bball has a much larger affect on the team than a 5 star fball player does.

Since the beginning of the "modern era" of recruiting rankings and such about 2000 or so how many if any 5 stars has Tech been able to sign? I have no idea. Was Bey Bey a 5 star? How about Calvin? Dwyer? Anyone ? I do know that the class of 2007 was widely considered our best class ever even though it was not a top 10 class. Given all that, how is it possible that we manage to even stay on the field with teams like UGA, Miami, Clemson, FSU and even UNC for whom top 20 classes are a given and top 10 classes pretty much the norm?

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If I was a five star or four star athlete and I read the crap our fans say online about why we cannot recruit and cannot compete I wouldn’t want to come here either.

The Tech fan’s propensity to run down their own school to defend current results is sickening.

I don’t believe Tech is an inferior product, but there are people out there making bank selling the hell out of inferior products. We have a solid CEO in CPJ, but we need better salesmen.