Just gonna say it....

Think you need to back that up a few decades.
We certainly didn't rely on the the other teams' fans to fill up the stadium in the 60s nor, for the most part, in the 70s. The real downward spiral began with Curry, picked up some under O'Leary (yep, even Ross's years were not overly impressive for Tech fans), and went down again beginning with Chan.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Evidently CPJ is so bad, it has caused decreased attendance at the high school, collegiate and pro levels. Also, he likes golf, and less people are playing that game as well.

Actually, I thought our decreased attendance was directly due to blue pants.
Literally said none of that

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Loved this quote from TQM on his last game at Bobby Dodd.

The last one in Bobby Dodd, so you’ve kind of just got to soak it in, especially with the home fans, and just let them know that you appreciate them coming to support Georgia Tech football and cheering really loud. Especially tonight – the Dodd, it was jumping. Everyone was on their feet there at the end. The student section did a phenomenal job being really loud. Just trying to take everything in because this was my last time being in Bobby Dodd playing football. There won’t be any more scrimmages here on Saturday mornings, no more scout-team scrimmages before the first week of the (season), no more practices there. That was it. I just tried to soak it in and just really enjoy the moment and just embrace all the fans and just tell them that I really appreciated it.”

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Then what else you got? I was at the 2008 virgnia game in CPJs first year and it was at 330 and the attendance was a lot better.

Anytime uga rides high Tech fans tuck their tails and claim they aren’t interested in football really...they have other things they care more about.

LibertyTurns

Banned
We certainly didn't rely on the the other teams' fans to fill up the stadium in the 60s nor, for the most part, in the 70s. The real downward spiral began with Curry, picked up some under O'Leary (yep, even Ross's years were not overly impressive for Tech fans), and went down again beginning with Chan.
Just randomly looked up 1975 attendance. We were 7-4. Barn was 58k, Clem was 46k, Mutt was 55k, other 5 games averaged 36k. Yes we had 8 home games.

Just randomly looked up 1975 attendance. We were 7-4. Barn was 58k, Clem was 46k, Mutt was 55k, other 5 games averaged 36k. Yes we had 8 home games.
But all of those additional ticket buyers were not fans of the opposing teams. Sadly, too many Tech fans only come for the "big" games. So although there were a lot of (too many IMO) seats sold to opposing teams' fans, there were also a larger number sold to Tech fans.

herb

Helluva Engineer
Anytime uga rides high Tech fans tuck their tails and claim they aren’t interested in football really...they have other things they care more about.

And I can promise you it is 100% true the other way as well, when that school in Athens isn’t doing well, they all claim they really don’t care. It is not unique to us

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
I would think next year GT should be picked to win coastal

Miami has an experienced QB coming back, they're the favorites!
VT has Bud and an angry HC on the hot seat! They're the favorites!
Dook is located in Durham and have Cut! They're the favorites!

Somehow I think we'll end up getting picked 3rd ... or 4th ... as usual. The only time I recall us being picked to win the coastal was in 2015 after our spectacular 2014 season. I think it's OK if we're picked 5th ... our guys seemingly play a little angrier and better that way.