Just gonna say it....

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
You’re never going to get a big crowd for a noon kickoff when it’s 90 degrees.

It's sad when some apparently need a sarcasm emoji for a post this clever.

Fwiw, though uva did put our offense in check pretty well, our 17 pts in 8 drives (2.13 ppd) is better than what they have allowed against pwr5 teams on average (1.85 ppd).

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Bruh....WTF? Yes...I would love another crack at them. Bet our boys would too.
Be careful what you wish for. In the ACC right now there is Clemson, and then there is everybody else. It needs to get better in a hurry. Not sure what happened because there were some hirings and the league got better, then backslid. But nationally the reputation has suffered considerable.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

Fwiw, though uva did put our offense in check pretty well, our 17 pts in 8 drives (2.13 ppd) is better than what they have allowed against pwr5 teams on average (1.85 ppd).
It seemed to me that Johnson couldn't make up his QB mind, and neither aspirant helped very much early, and several times our inability to read and execute options was glaring. Couple of times Marshall turned up directly into two tacklers. Must like to get mauled.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Attendance at Tech has always been like this. You play Clemson or Georgia the place is sold out. You play Weak Forest or old Vagina and you ain't going to sell the joint out. The only cure is to have a team that wins every game. When you win 65% of your games you are going to get a 65% turn out. Now if you want to worry about that go ahead and worry. I'm almost 70 years old and have more important **** to worry about.

Go Jackets!

We have always relied somewhat on fans of the other team if we are going to get close to a sell out. Hate that, but has always been the truth. I was shocked how few UVA fans came yesterday. Virtually zero UVA fans in the upper north where I sit. Actually were more Duke fans at our Duke home game, which says a lot.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Be careful what you wish for. In the ACC right now there is Clemson, and then there is everybody else. It needs to get better in a hurry. Not sure what happened because there were some hirings and the league got better, then backslid. But nationally the reputation has suffered considerable.
Rather they moved forward into the 1%.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Then what else you got? I was at the 2008 virgnia game in CPJs first year and it was at 330 and the attendance was a lot better.

I dont know for sure, but I think 10 years of expanded TV coverage and being able to buy huge high quality TV's for the home may have something to do with it as well.

in 2008 I had a 33 inch TV and I did not have HD, now I have this monster 60 inch on the wall watching games in HD.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I dont know for sure, but I think 10 years of expanded TV coverage and being able to buy huge high quality TV's for the home may have something to do with it as well.

in 2008 I had a 33 inch TV and I did not have HD, now I have this monster 60 inch on the wall watching games in HD.
2009 recession and the ensuing flaccid recovery altered the landscape. Fans want a good experience for their money. GT needs to figure out how to deliver a better total game day experience. Again, we need a strategy. I don’t believe in 1991 we even sold out most games after winning a National Championship. This is not 1950, 1965 or 2005 any more. We need a strategy for current conditions and market of fans we’re trying to attract.

Personally I’d focus on pre and post-game events, massively upgrade seating areas (cheaper club-type decks and less bench seats), bigger seats (less of them), and work on in stadium entertainment.

We have always relied somewhat on fans of the other team if we are going to get close to a sell out. Hate that, but has always been the truth. I was shocked how few UVA fans came yesterday. Virtually zero UVA fans in the upper north where I sit. Actually were more Duke fans at our Duke home game, which says a lot.
We have not ALWAYS relied on fans of the other teams, just in the past 20 years.

georgiatech22

Georgia Tech Fan
This is the reason we are still suffering from Dodd's decision to pull us out of the SEC in the 60's. Back when we were in the SEC, we were playing UGA, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, and Bama every year and the stands were always packed. I would give anything to be able to go back and lock Bobby Dodd in a closet to keep us in the SEC. Who knows how it would have turned out, but I would love to play those teams every year instead of what we have now.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
This is the reason we are still suffering from Dodd's decision to pull us out of the SEC in the 60's. Back when we were in the SEC, we were playing UGA, Auburn, Florida, Tennessee, and Bama every year and the stands were always packed. I would give anything to be able to go back and lock Bobby Dodd in a closet to keep us in the SEC. Who knows how it would have turned out, but I would love to play those teams every year instead of what we have now.
Yep. If we were still in the SEC and had a 7-4 record we would be in the top 25 like Mississippi State instead of being 7-4 in th ACC and not even showing up in the “also receiving votes” list.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

I made this point in the post game thread and I agree. The fact that people thinks the offense is bad when we put up over 2 points a drive just shows how much CPJ has spoiled us.

I feel it’s fair to give the offense one point for the two point conversion they made (making it 18/8). I also counted the fg in one ot drive, but I understand not counting it.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Just gonna say it................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!:)

Deleted member 2897

I bet PAWL is still regretting the fake punt on 4th and 7 on our own 26 in the first quarter against Pitt.