Just FYI, the time is drawing nigh

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
In response to the "THWg" video posted. King was just another ugag grad, doing great things.

It's always hard for me to admit that quality people can emerge from uga, but General King was a true hero in WWII. It's a testament that people can succeed in spite of their educational limitations...

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It's always hard for me to admit that quality people can emerge from uga, but General King was a true hero in WWII. It's a testament that people can succeed in spite of their educational limitations...

Captain (at the time, dunno rank at retirement) Steele, an Army Ranger captain during the Battle of Mogadishu comes immediately to mind. American hero (all those guys there were) even if he did play football for the mutts.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
220px-Edward_king.jpg

Edward Postell King
He was a brave,brave man commanding 10,000 men in a hopeless situation at the Battle of Bataan. Generals Wainwright and King though they would be brought up on charges for no obeying General MacArthur's No Surrender Order and had no idea they would be treated like heroes and allowed to keep their rank when they were freed by Douglas MacArthur's invasion of the Philippines in 1945.

Yes, I am a poet, or so I believe.

White and Old Gold

With a crisp sun reflecting off the grass

Warriors in white and gold gather in mass

The band strikes up its ballad to play

Spectators rise in anticipation of the fray

Entering to a din the opposition appears

Heartened with a chance calms the fears

But the throng sings the battle hymn and what is foretold

It hearkens to the contest and victory for old gold

Saturday in the South will always have a place

For young and old to gather in time and space

In those few hours when life is but the game

Memories and past are created all the same

We live for that time when leaves turn gold and red

It is what renews and wakes us from the dead

Me too. But based on talent level alone, they should pound us EVERY year. That's far from happening.
So for Historical perspective, here are what I would consider complete wins over UGA.
1974 Tech 34-14 too much wishbone
1984 Tech 35-18 Georgia never had a chance.
1989 Tech 33-22 not even this close, the Amazing Jerry Mays game
1990 Tech 40-23 enough said
2000 Tech 27-15 this game was over in the 1st quarter. It seemed like we let off the gas in this one

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
So for Historical perspective, here are what I would consider complete wins over UGA.
1974 Tech 34-14 too much wishbone
1984 Tech 35-18 Georgia never had a chance.
1989 Tech 33-22 not even this close, the Amazing Jerry Mays game
1990 Tech 40-23 enough said
2000 Tech 27-15 this game was over in the 1st quarter. It seemed like we let off the gas in this one
In 1977 6-5 Georgia Tech completely dominated 5-6 Georgia 16-7 in Grant Field but it should have been 16-0 because Georgia scored after a blocked punt. Eddie Lee Ivery and Gary Hardie both ran for 100+ yards.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
2014 also should have been a beat down on the scoreboard, because we dominated the play on the field. The only reason it went to overtime was because of referee malfeasance allowing a JT TD (or at very least stopped at 1/2 yard line) to be turned into a strip for a TD...basically a 14 point swing. Then there was the second questionable fumble that never would have happened without that first screw job. Thank god we were able to overcome the SEC crew...it would have really sucked to have them steal it.

2014 also should have been a beat down on the scoreboard, because we dominated the play on the field. The only reason it went to overtime was because of referee malfeasance allowing a JT TD (or at very least stopped at 1/2 yard line) to be turned into a strip for a TD...basically a 14 point swing. Then there was the second questionable fumble that never would have happened without that first screw job. Thank god we were able to overcome the SEC crew...it would have really sucked to have them steal it.
AMEN to that. We pounded them at the beginning of the game, until that absurd non-call by the ref, and then we were pounding them again at the end until the bad call. It should have never come down to what it did, but for the lousy refs.