Just FYI, the time is drawing nigh

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I belong to a Presbyterian church of less than 80 members. In the past 8 years we have had 3 of our young people go to Tech. One was a cheerleader, one was a cum laude graduate in computer science, one was a cum laude graduate in industrial design (something like that) and all of them were proud graduates, ahem, of my Sunday school class as teenagers. We have a member whose father played on the 1952 national championship team and every year including this year our local private school Deerfield Windsor (Tony Zenon went there) sends at least two or three graduates to Tech. This year one of those graduates will be the fourth member of our church to go to Tech. Yes, it is "dawg" country of a sorts but there are plenty of Tech fans around here.
Well, may I say being a Baptist, you Presbyterians are doing a hell of a job down there! Keep it up!

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
If they don't pass your Sunday School class, do you tell them to go to u[sic]ga?

If they don't do well in Sunday School class they are assigned to go to Clemson and raise some hell there as we can do it pretty well in south Georgia on our own. Two of my students (who were the brother and sister of the girl that went to Tech and became a cheerleader) did actually go to UGA but are rabid and I do mean rabid Tech fans nonetheless. After all, it was their grandfather who played on that 1952 national championship team and their dad went to Tech so they were shall we say indoctrinated at a young age.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
Someone check Youtube for a vid of Nixon Kruschev Kitchen Summit

I always thought that was the strangest thing about the famous "Kitchen Summit". Kruschev was flabbergasted at the modern appliances in a typical American kitchen and then he and Nixon start singing "Ramblin Wreck"? Did both of them actually know the song or was it stage managed and they were reading it off a teleprompter? Anyway, a phrase from that era best describes our relationship with Clemson: "Peaceful co-existence" With UGA it should be "mutual assured destruction" MAD.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I always thought that was the strangest thing about the famous "Kitchen Summit". Kruschev was flabbergasted at the modern appliances in a typical American kitchen and then he and Nixon start singing "Ramblin Wreck"? Did both of them actually know the song or was it stage managed and they were reading it off a teleprompter? Anyway, a phrase from that era best describes our relationship with Clemson: "Peaceful co-existence" With UGA it should be "mutual assured destruction" MAD.
(y)

GTjunkie

Jolly Good Fellow

220px-Edward_king.jpg

Edward Postell King