JT's future role

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Where'd you get your info, lol? Remember he was a 100M state track champion in Alabama so speed and acceleration are his high point, especially considering the other athletes he competed against.
He was a lot faster when he stepped on campus than he is now I believe.

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
He was a lot faster when he stepped on campus than he is now I believe.

Ah ok, so we can completely disregard what you said. It is your opinion, which no standards of speed were ever defined off of. Now JT may have dropped some speed down to a true 4.3 40 time only because he gained muscle mass.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Ah ok, so we can completely disregard what you said. It is your opinion, which no standards of speed were ever defined off of. Now JT may have dropped some speed down to a true 4.3 40 time only because he gained muscle mass.
You seriously saw 4.3 speed from him this year?

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
You seriously saw 4.3 speed from him this year?

Several times actually. Long run in the Duke game until he pulled up and grabbed his hammy. Same thing in the bowl game against Kentucky. He OUT RAN people until his hammy gave him issues and that was in pads in game trying to avoid getting tackled. I fully expect his times to be 4.3-4.4 max at the combine if he is just wearing running gear in a track setting. Did you ever see the run against Robert Godhigh that they filmed in the practice facility?

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Several times actually. Long run in the Duke game until he pulled up and grabbed his hammy. Same thing in the bowl game against Kentucky. He OUT RAN people until his hammy gave him issues and that was in pads in game trying to avoid getting tackled. I fully expect his times to be 4.3-4.4 max at the combine if he is just wearing running gear in a track setting. Did you ever see the run against Robert Godhigh that they filmed in the practice facility?
I saw the run against SNODDY, when he got dusted

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
No way JT was running a 4.3 during the season, if he does at pro day or NFL combine (if invited) it's probably because he's had time to let his body rest, but I still doubt he will run it then. I would say a 4.35 but we should know soon. I could be wrong. I wouldn't be suprised to see a 4.4 either.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
You guys would be super shocked to find how dumb some coaches truly are. They are just as exposed and subject to the dumb measureable thing fans are.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Just look at Snoddy's time at the proday. I think it was 4.4ish. With a low of 4.37 to a high of 4.5. I think Jt will be somewhere in that range.

ramblinwreck1378

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone who thinks JT is running a 4.3 at the combine is high. I'd be happy if he broke 4.5.

Also, Cobb was only 5-10 when measured at the combine, an inch taller than the aforementioned height of JT. Not that different.

Squints

Helluva Engineer

There is no way in hell JT ever ran a true 4.21. That's obviously hand timed so it doesn't mean much. And he's not going to run a 4.3 at the combine. He's not and never has been that fast.

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
There is no way in hell JT ever ran a true 4.21. That's obviously hand timed so it doesn't mean much. And he's not going to run a 4.3 at the combine. He's not and never has been that fast.

Yeah, he never ran a 4.21... I think best case scenario 4.40, which is blazing fast. Worst case, IMO: high 4.5's