JT

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I liked Gailey as well and he had a great eye for getting 2 and 3 stars that were good players. However his selection of Oc in he who won't be named (Nix) left a bad taste. I agree with you on qb's. He never had a good one. Reggie was much better than what followed him and then there was Taylor Bennett.

Frankly my fear is that Roof is CPJ's Nix. Paul may lose his job because he was loyal too long.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
JT has had a great career. Last year he got frustrated but who wouldn't. The game Saturday was historic. Joe did some things better but he was not as quick as JT.
Lil Joe read the field so well. He was slippery with his feet and threw with touch and accuracy, but he knew where the safties were and usually got the ball to the right guy. JT is surely faster and probably pretty close as a passer once he knows where he is going with it. He might miss seeing some guys that Lil' Joe did. It is pretty hard to get in the CFHOF.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I may be one of the only people here that doesn't think Chan Gailey was a bad coach.

I actually think he was pretty good. He just never seemed to have really good QB play. I know most of you will say "he recruited them", but sometimes in the world of college football you don't always get the people you really want. You have to take what you feel is the next best thing when things fall through.

Chan had some bad luck. Just think about how different things might have been if Tony Hollings doesn't get hurt.
Chan's bad luck was that the other team played at the same time his team played.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Lil Joe read the field so well. He was slippery with his feet and threw with touch and accuracy, but he knew where the safties were and usually got the ball to the right guy. JT is surely faster and probably pretty close as a passer once he knows where he is going with it. He might miss seeing some guys that Lil' Joe did. It is pretty hard to get in the CFHOF.

Lil' Joe = Offense-in-a-can

GT03&05

Georgia Tech Fan
http://www.espn.com/ncf/qbr

JT at #10 QBR in the nation for the season. By my estimate, prior to the Duke game, his rank would have been #13 (so, while last week helped, it didn't make his season). In 2014, he ended the season at #5.

Thomas' critics need to take a moment to let that sink in. Yes, he had a rough 2015 (along with the whole GT team), and yes, like any player, he makes mistakes. But apparently, he is good enough to be one of the top QBs in the nation twice in his 3 years of starting.

We can only hope that our next starter is in his league.

1BearJACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
http://www.espn.com/ncf/qbr

JT at #10 QBR in the nation for the season. By my estimate, prior to the Duke game, his rank would have been #13 (so, while last week helped, it didn't make his season). In 2014, he ended the season at #5.

Thomas' critics need to take a moment to let that sink in. Yes, he had a rough 2015 (along with the whole GT team), and yes, like any player, he makes mistakes. But apparently, he is good enough to be one of the top QBs in the nation twice in his 3 years of starting.

We can only hope that our next starter is in his league.

Are his fumbles and interceptions figured into that rating?