JT

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
This is a pretty idiotic statement. If you think jt is losing his job, then you're out of your mind.

I think what was meant was that JT played lights out as if his job were in jeopardy, not that his job was actually in jeopardy!

Many in the press have said that JT was the best QB ever to play for Paul Johnson, at least during Johnson's tenure at Tech. After the past one-and-half seasons, I wasn't so sure. He's fast, is an underrated but extremely productive passer with the right receivers, and does excellent reads on the option. But he can be streaky and has ball control issues at critical points in the game. The bad exchange that led to the fumble after the interception of Duke nearly resulted in a complete reversal in momentum. If that fumble doesn't happen, then Tech conceivably goes up 35-7. If we'd lost, that would have been the game's turning point. But JT played with incredible grit and pulled out that win almost completely on his back. His numbers are borderline historic for Tech football.

Prior to today's game, given his relative consistency, toughness, and general athletic ability, I would have been inclined to take another look at Josh Nesbitt as the best QB under Johnson, even if he didn't quite have Justin Thomas's numbers. If JT plays the rest of the schedule the way he played today and his receivers make the plays, and if Tech can pull off the victories, then he will probably be mentioned in the same breath along with Kim King and Joe Hamilton....

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Best game of his career. Orange bowl was close, but he took the team on his back in this one. Orange bowl was more team effort.
Replayed the last quarter and he was on the sideline after the go ahead score and told a couple of defensive players going out: Make a play.
They did, then he did again with a 3rd and 17 scamper. Crazy game, I'm glad we have JT.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
This is the JT that I wish we could see every game. He carryied this game and got the team amped up. My only gripe with him has been when the team isn't doing well, he sort of retreats, but not today

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
JT was by far the best player on the field today. He toted the team on his back all day and he will truly be missed next year. The TO hasn't been very effective running the ball but JTs arm and scrambling ability has been hard to stop with the way other teams have been scheming defensively against us. I think we've seen today and the past few games, we can pass to set up the run, we shouldn't shy away from that.

Defense: Glad we forced some turnovers but we still need a ton of work on this side of the ball.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The QB in this offense can put up INCREDIBLE numbers. This is the type of numbers Louisville's Lamar Jackson is getting all the hype for.

When the QB is as gifted as JeT is and has the help around him he had today, you'll start seeing eye popping numbers.

This is probably the best all-around game I can remember from a QB since CPJ has been here.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
The QB in this offense can put up INCREDIBLE numbers. This is the type of numbers Louisville's Lamar Jackson is getting all the hype for.

When the QB is as gifted as JeT is and has the help around him he had today, you'll start seeing eye popping numbers.

This is probably the best all-around game I can remember from a QB since CPJ has been here.

2nd best in Tech's history!

I think what was meant was that JT played lights out as if his job were in jeopardy, not that his job was actually in jeopardy!

Many in the press have said that JT was the best QB ever to play for Paul Johnson, at least during Johnson's tenure at Tech. After the past one-and-half seasons, I wasn't so sure. He's fast, is an underrated but extremely productive passer with the right receivers, and does excellent reads on the option. But he can be streaky and has ball control issues at critical points in the game. The bad exchange that led to the fumble after the interception of Duke nearly resulted in a complete reversal in momentum. If that fumble doesn't happen, then Tech conceivably goes up 35-7. If we'd lost, that would have been the game's turning point. But JT played with incredible grit and pulled out that win almost completely on his back. His numbers are borderline historic for Tech football.

Prior to today's game, given his relative consistency, toughness, and general athletic ability, I would have been inclined to take another look at Josh Nesbitt as the best QB under Johnson, even if he didn't quite have Justin Thomas's numbers. If JT plays the rest of the schedule the way he played today and his receivers make the plays, and if Tech can pull off the victories, then he will probably be mentioned in the same breath along with Kim King and Joe Hamilton....
He can't sniff Joe's jock strap. Joe ran so many types of offenses under Fridge it isn't even comparable. Each week you didn't know what type of offense he was going to run. They ran option, pro style, spread before it was popular, straight I form. Jet is talented, but u are way off saying he is at the level of Joe. Josh Nesbit is the best QB he's had at Tech. Here is why, he came to Tech to be a pro style QB not an option QB. He had one spring to learn as much as he could and be game ready. Justin had time to figure things out and he knew what he was getting in to. Josh is definitely under appreciated as time goes along. He made sooo many plays to win games and he was not going to be denied in short yardage situations.

BuzzKillington

Georgia Tech Fan
He can't sniff Joe's jock strap. Joe ran so many types of offenses under Fridge it isn't even comparable. Each week you didn't know what type of offense he was going to run. They ran option, pro style, spread before it was popular, straight I form. Jet is talented, but u are way off saying he is at the level of Joe. Josh Nesbit is the best QB he's had at Tech. Here is why, he came to Tech to be a pro style QB not an option QB. He had one spring to learn as much as he could and be game ready. Justin had time to figure things out and he knew what he was getting in to. Josh is definitely under appreciated as time goes along. He made sooo many plays to win games and he was not going to be denied in short yardage situations.
Oh hush. You sound like a hater

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
Top QBR of the college football season so far:

upload_2016-10-29_20-15-0.png