JT

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
No other QB in CPJ's tenure wins this game today. His passing was spot on and he rescued a lot of bad situations with his feet.

Kind of reminded me of Shawn Jones in this regard. When nothing was there he'd make huge plays with his feet.

Looked like a 3-yr starter and senior (who is also quick, fast, and accurate w/quick release).

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
CPJ might be on to something with this offense. Juene said they've been passing a lot in practice, maybe this will evolve into something in the near future and we can start getting Lamar Jackson/Deshaun Watson type recruits in here.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I thoroughly enjoyed JT's performance yesterday. The O was exciting and finished drives well.

I hate that it came down to the last few minutes, but a W nonetheless.

CPJ though, sounded pissed in the post game. Not at JT, but the defense.

CPJ might be on to something with this offense. Juene said they've been passing a lot in practice, maybe this will evolve into something in the near future and we can start getting Lamar Jackson/Deshaun Watson type recruits in here.

Agreed - not sure why we went away from it in the 2nd half.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Agreed - not sure why we went away from it in the 2nd half.
I know CPJ always says that defenses have always played us the same, but the past couple years the actual triple option hasn't been very effective. Whether that be scheme or more talent on opposing teams idk, the difference in this year and last is JT has had time to throw the ball without forcing everything.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
We protected well yesterday and receivers held onto the football. That helps a great deal.

I found yesterday particularly impressive because our running game wasn't working (unlike in 2014).

yep, to me the best part of the game was the passing success,then that opens the QB draw

LibertyTurns

Banned
lol @ the people earlier in the year saying "put in Jordan"
There's been times during this year & last that I felt JT needed some time on the pine. Not because JT's not the best QB we have, but it seemed like he was either injured or needed to get his mind right. For our offense I like the platoon QB option. I think it takes the heat off the starter having to run every play which has to be punishing in this offense over the course of 12 games, I like the fact it helps develop the back up and lastly I think it helps the QB to see what the defense is doing thru the eyes of the coaches during live play. I never called for JT to be benched though, just spelled from time to time.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I have previously (secretly) thought that Jordan might do a better job. Especially on the midline and counter plays. He is tougher, more physical and more direct. (I don't think I ever said on a message board we should bench JeT though.)

We would have lost this game with Jordan at QB though. The 50-60 yard runs would have been 15-20 yard runs.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I have previously (secretly) thought that Jordan might do a better job. Especially on the midline and counter plays. He is tougher, more physical and more direct. (I don't think I ever said on a message board we should bench JeT though.)

We would have lost this game with Jordan at QB though. The 50-60 yard runs would have been 15-20 yard runs.

JT is our better qb right now, but I don't think you can say we would've lost with MJ. CPJ would've called a different game for his strengths. MJ also throws a pretty ball.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
We will greatly miss JT next year. His passing ability is the only reason we aren't 3-5 this year. I don't believe there's a QB on our roster even close to as good as passer as JT. I like Jordan because he gives us the midline back but i don't think he can hit the back shoulder throws like JT.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
JT is our better qb right now, but I don't think you can say we would've lost with MJ. CPJ would've called a different game for his strengths. MJ also throws a pretty ball.

That's fair. We haven't gotten to see much of MJ's abilities. I just know he isn't as fast with his feet as JeT is. No one is.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I may be one of the only people here that doesn't think Chan Gailey was a bad coach.

I actually think he was pretty good. He just never seemed to have really good QB play. I know most of you will say "he recruited them", but sometimes in the world of college football you don't always get the people you really want. You have to take what you feel is the next best thing when things fall through.

Chan had some bad luck. Just think about how different things might have been if Tony Hollings doesn't get hurt.
I liked Gailey as well and he had a great eye for getting 2 and 3 stars that were good players. However his selection of Oc in he who won't be named (Nix) left a bad taste. I agree with you on qb's. He never had a good one. Reggie was much better than what followed him and then there was Taylor Bennett.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
JT has had a great career. Last year he got frustrated but who wouldn't. The game Saturday was historic. Joe did some things better but he was not as quick as JT.