Josh Okogie to hire agent and stay in NBA Draft

ball4life66

Helluva Engineer
In the NBA (which is the key here), Young and Seth are very similar.

Young is the better player but it's not a lock he'll be able to duplicate his college success against better players. Remember, once teams really started to gameplan for him, he struggled mightily.
Young averaged 8.7 apg as an 18 year old freshman while Curry in 4 years averaged 2.1 apg. Thats why I don’t see the comparison. Trae is a PG at the NBA level while Seth Curry is an undersized SG.

And Trae didn’t get just gameplanned for he was triple teamed...the team around him was awful. That won’t happen in the NBA and I believe more spacing will help him too.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
This really hurts, but for once I think that we have the depth to kind of cover it up. I don't think that we have 1 player who can make up for his loss, however, we have 3 guys (Moore, Alston, and Phillips) that can make up for his production imo.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
This really hurts, but for once I think that we have the depth to kind of cover it up. I don't think that we have 1 player who can make up for his loss, however, we have 3 guys (Moore, Alston, and Phillips) that can make up for his production imo.
I think CGB starts Alvarado, Devoe, CGB, Cole, AD

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I think CGB starts Alvarado, Devoe, CGB, Cole, AD
Yeah, I realized that I had forgotten about him. I still expect Moore, Phillips, and Alston to play a lot of minutes though. I'm also really high on Moore and think that he could average around 10 ppg.

slugboy

Staff member
Yeah, with better teammates, he would've put up 50/20 games I guess. :rolleyes:

He struggled because what OK was doing was always unsustainable. Had nothing to do with how good he was or how good his teammates weren't.

Also this ...

... yeah, 'cause that went well for you last time, JR? :cool:

Could he please follow up by predicting us to go winless?

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
I don't blame him. He can always come back and pay for school himself if basketball doesn't work out for him. No reason to turn down guaranteed money. He's going to get some after that combine performance.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member

“So with the feedback that we’ve gotten, a bunch of teams see him going somewhere in the first or very early in the second,” said Evaristus Okogie, who has guided the process for his family.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I’m not sure this is bad news, in fact I think it might be great news. Huge win for Okogie, in the long run a win for Pastner. The dude certainly needs so good things to happen to the program if he’s going to survive & nothing’s better than Turing a 3 star into a 1st round draft pick.

Looks like we’re going to ride the Pastner bus for a while, so let’s hope this is a good omen. I think it very well may be.