Jose F. Alvarado Senior Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer

What GIFs | Tenor

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Honestly, that would make me sad. Man deserves to go pro somewhere, and I hope he at least declares for the draft and gets feedback from nba scouts before making a decision like that.

He deserves to do what he wants and is best for him and his family. If that means going pro then I hope he can go pro. If that means he wants to enjoy another year of playing college ball, then I hope he's in a situation that allows for that.

glandon1960

Jolly Good Fellow
I said earlier that I believe he will get his masters on the house and pass on pro basketball. COVID has changed things for couples with infants.
Jose and all the players (on every team in the country) should do what is in their best interest with regards to the extra year of eligibility. I have no doubt CJP and staff will work with each of them to help them understand where they might land if they choose to pursue professional basketball, as well as what their role would be on the team next year and where they stand relative to getting a GT degree (It's not easy to play a sport and graduate in four years) ..... and encourage them to talk it over with their family and do what is best for them.

I am not sure I see any NBA player (a couple could be role players - but not NBA starter calliber) on the GT roster. I do see several players that can have long professional basketball careers in Europe/elsewhere if that is what they choose to do.

The more interesting thing to me with the extra year of eligibility is how that impacts recruiting the next couple of seasons - you don't know what players that are not seniors this year will choose to do 2-3-4 years from now. I could see players transferring if they see they might not get playing time - I can also see role players wanting to be on the team that extra year simply to get their degree (and play as much as they are able to). At that time - coming back would consume one of the scholarship spots as I understand it (do not next season).

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
Honestly, that would make me sad. Man deserves to go pro somewhere, and I hope he at least declares for the draft and gets feedback from nba scouts before making a decision like that.
Sad? I am sure he will get evaluated but he does have some limitations. NBA is a hard league to make it in.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I mean this would be a big deal if it happens. I’m just not in the head space to be thinking about next year yet though.

Still soaking up the ACC Champs vibe and getting my head around this 8/9 match up

I'm with you. It took us a decade to get here (and boy did we get here with an ACC Championship!!!)...let's focus on the present. If we don't take care of business Friday, it will be a short stay. Loyola is a good team. I hope we can put off thinking about Jose and the rest of the seniors all month :)

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Jose comes back and Maxwell relaces bubba. If we can replace Moses and both Devoe and Usher come back this could be a really good team next year. I think Moore will improve next year as well. I hope Usher comes back. He has been fantastic the second half of the year. The effort by these guys has been awesome.

Deleted member 2897

If he can make the NBA, I hope he goes. He’s got a family to take care of and you never know about injuries and everything else.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Jose comes back and Maxwell relaces bubba. If we can replace Moses and both Devoe and Usher come back this could be a really good team next year. I think Moore will improve next year as well. I hope Usher comes back. He has been fantastic the second half of the year. The effort by these guys has been awesome.

IMo if Jose comes back Coleman is likely the third back court starter. Gives the size and length on the wing we don't get with Bubba and the offensive threat we don't have with Moore.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like Jose is a strong possibility and who knows what effect that could have.

Otherwise I don't think we have had any indication either way. I would say expect everyone to leave until they say otherwise.
After things settle down, decisions may change. I'd love Jose to come back but he might decide it's time to get paid. High emotions right now. Proud of this team, the career they've had, & the wonderful season they've had. ACC Champions & back in the big dance!

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
After things settle down, decisions may change. I'd love Jose to come back but he might decide it's time to get paid. High emotions right now.

Yeah nothing is settled, but he's the one who has flat out addressed the possibility and according to KQ Jose said he was probably coming back. Sure, he could always change his mind, but if we're going to speculate that is about as concrete a basis as we are going to get to speculating until someone straight up confirms they are back or not.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
There is absolutely no need for the Seniors to rush into any decision. They should take time to thoroughly investigate and weigh their options so that they can choose the best one. Any returning Senior won't count against the scholarship limits next season so that the staff probably doesn't have to press them to make a quick decision. the coaches can just go on recruiting as if the seniors were leaving.