Jose F. Alvarado Senior Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

Deleted member 2897

We missed 4 games this year right? Conceivably he could have gotten there (especially with games left to play). I'd point more to the games missed at the beginning of last year.

That being said, Jose does have a higher spg than Price for his career (2.1 to 1.9 I believe). Wonder what the record is for that, with some minimum on games played.

UAB, BC, BC, NC State, Virginia. At his average, that’s 15 more steals. If my math is right, and the games have all played out that way, he would be 7 steals short with at least 2 games left guaranteed.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
UAB, BC, BC, NC State, Virginia. At his average, that’s 15 more steals. If my math is right, and the games have all played out that way, he would be 7 steals short with at least 2 games left guaranteed.

I thought it was UAB, BC, NCSU, and @ND and I just spaced not counting UVA. I seem to remember there being talk of us "making up" a game @ND.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I love both Wright and Alvarado, but if I had to choose 1 to come back next year, it would be Jose. Although we need more frontcourt help next year (with the addition of Maxwell, Coleman, and Kelly to Devoe and Sturdivant), Jose just brings that spark and intensity to the game that lifts those around him. I would love to see Jose and Ush back to allow Tristin, Deebo, and Miles a chance to develop without the pressure to come in and shine.

But, that's a discussion for the off-season. Love what Jose brings to the game.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I love both Wright and Alvarado, but if I had to choose 1 to come back next year, it would be Jose. Although we need more frontcourt help next year (with the addition of Maxwell, Coleman, and Kelly to Devoe and Sturdivant), Jose just brings that spark and intensity to the game that lifts those around him. I would love to see Jose and Ush back to allow Tristin, Deebo, and Miles a chance to develop without the pressure to come in and shine.

But, that's a discussion for the off-season. Love what Jose brings to the game.
I think Jose has already passed most of that to Kyle.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Jose Alvarado is hands down my favorite player of any team, or any sport I have followed.

His story, his passion for the game and the attitude he brings are literally why I love college athletics.

When he is done here, I’ll remember more than the accolades, the fire he brought. Coach saw him in Vegas while scouting another player and said he couldn’t get past the nagging feeling he was a winner while watching him urge on his team in the game.

Imagine that set of fortuitous occasions that brought him to GT. He (a kid from Brooklyn) happened to be on a team that had another player a coach from Atlanta was watching in Vegas. After the game CJP could follow his gut, but if he had been shown clips of him or saw his measurables then the haters in Jose’s ears may have been right and he wouldn’t have played in the ACC.

I’m so glad that fortune favored us, that CJP was there and trusted his gut. Now we have the Brooklyn Burglar, ACCDPOY, leading the ACC in back to back years with steals, and the last guy to do it just happens to be Jose’s basketball idol.

Just such a cool, cool story!