Jonesing for some updates from practice

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
If the Morgans can contribute, we have a SOLID eight on the OL. Get Marshall back and it's nine. If this happens, it won't matter who's in the backfield.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I still think it's Matthew at QB. Thee are too many positives there - particularly game experience - to ignore. Also, as I said before, he's the only known commodity at the position; Coach knows what he can do in a game situation. Generally, that's enough.

But we'll see. It is true that he's missed a lot of reps. The question is whether he needed as many as the rest of the candidates.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Lynch is still out. If he does not practice by Monday 8/28 he most likely will not play. O line is Lee, Stickler, Bryan, Braun and Cooper. Marshall is out for the first game at least. Stickler has really made improvement. Best news is that the Morgan twins are showing they are capable of playing a lot of reps. Shamire can also provide some reps. Receivers are solid 3 deep, Jeune, Stewart and Camp. A backs are solid Cottrell, Searcy, Green and Jarrett will be the rotation if Lynch can not go. Probably will not go past 3 in the first game. Benson is back at B Back. Howard and Quaide are back ups. Look for Howard to take over at some point unless Benson is Dedrick Mills Jr. QB, insiders are now leaning toward Taquon Marshall starting game 1 with Lucas Johnson being primary back up. Jordan has been injured and missed a lot of reps in Spring and some this fall. Just not back to full strength. Still may play some on goal line and short yardage. Jones is just too unpredictable. Might get a shot somewhere else just for this season.

Defense is pretty much the same as post spring depth chart. Guys that are moving up are St. Amore and Jalen Johnson. Kicker is still undecided. Punter is the freshman Harvin. He has a cannon for a leg and looks like he has been doing this for a living.

Just what I am hearing.

Go Jackets!
Sounds like M. Jordan may end up like MM last year, MM was hurt and Mills took the starting spot. It will be interesting to see if Jordan has lost the job or not... TQM may have won it

TheOldWhiteNGold

Georgia Tech Fan
If this is true that MJ is now third string, do ya'll think there is any possibility he gets some reps at BB? I know this question has been asked on somewhere another thread, but just wanted to see what ya'll think now with this update.

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
If this is true that MJ is now third string, do ya'll think there is any possibility he gets some reps at BB? I know this question has been asked on somewhere another thread, but just wanted to see what ya'll think now with this update.

I wouldn't necessarily call that an "update".

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We have a coach that is very considered.
He may think that doing something different is a considered plan.

I would not be surprised if Mj starts and plays the whole game or he could play 3 qb in first quarter. I am sure he has a considered plan for the offense and will adjust as needed.

The defense makes me nervous.
Guess I have watched to much Gt bob 15.
When we had to stop unc at end of game, we sent 2 l b and a safety blitzing in the same center guard gap and qb ran in from 20 plus. Wierd!
I get negative feelings big time.

Then I remember how much more athletic our players (Dl) are now than 15 and how good our secondary will be. Which then gives me a very positive feeling. In fact I am damn sure we have the talent.

Architorture23

Jolly Good Fellow
OL has a chance to be really good. CPJ said in, I think the CBS interview, that it might be his best OL ever at GT. I believe it. Braun and Bryan are very good and from another CPJ quote a week ago, Cooper might be better than both of them this year.

Hope Lynch can get out there. He's a huge threat catching the ball out of the backfield.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
As far as moving MJ to B back, he would be fifth string at best.
We really do not know how good the other three QBs are, now do we?

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I'm not counting out MJ either. I could see CPJ decide to go with experience. Right now I think TM starts but Monday's scrimmage could be key. A lot of folks think LJ will be starting at some point this season. Shoot, Paul even said for a freshman it may be better to tell them right before the game so they don't have time to think about it. That is possible too. Nobody knows except PJ.
Scrimmage Monday and depth chart should be released Tuesday. Don't be shocked to see the typical "or" on there at QB. Heard that Benson has looked good last 2 days and has the burst at B-back to take it to the house. OL is doing great.