Jonesing for some updates from practice

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Coach knows, but there is not enough separation to be certain. Live fire will sort things out...

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Is it just me or does anyone else have an uneasy feeling about the start of this season, especially with all of the unknowns? I feel like we are on the fence of a 9-10 win season or possibly a 5-6 win season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not at all, CPJ in 2015 said we weren't that good and we weren't. This year he's keep things close, I think he knows we have a chance to be really good and he's just keeping it quite. Basically saying with his silence, you will see how good we are about to be. Kinda like a surprise.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
He knows which positions have improved, stayed the same, or digressed. I am hoping to see huge improvements in both lines of scrimmage. Unfortunately, it usually takes to mid season to get rolling.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Is it just me or does anyone else have an uneasy feeling about the start of this season, especially with all of the unknowns? I feel like we are on the fence of a 9-10 win season or possibly a 5-6 win season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an uneasy feeling before EVERY season.

I also secretly think we will go undefeated.

I have had these same feelings about GT football for all of my 35 years.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Lynch is still out. If he does not practice by Monday 8/28 he most likely will not play. O line is Lee, Stickler, Bryan, Braun and Cooper. Marshall is out for the first game at least. Stickler has really made improvement. Best news is that the Morgan twins are showing they are capable of playing a lot of reps. Shamire can also provide some reps. Receivers are solid 3 deep, Jeune, Stewart and Camp. A backs are solid Cottrell, Searcy, Green and Jarrett will be the rotation if Lynch can not go. Probably will not go past 3 in the first game. Benson is back at B Back. Howard and Quaide are back ups. Look for Howard to take over at some point unless Benson is Dedrick Mills Jr. QB, insiders are now leaning toward Taquon Marshall starting game 1 with Lucas Johnson being primary back up. Jordan has been injured and missed a lot of reps in Spring and some this fall. Just not back to full strength. Still may play some on goal line and short yardage. Jones is just too unpredictable. Might get a shot somewhere else just for this season.

Defense is pretty much the same as post spring depth chart. Guys that are moving up are St. Amore and Jalen Johnson. Kicker is still undecided. Punter is the freshman Harvin. He has a cannon for a leg and looks like he has been doing this for a living.

Just what I am hearing.

Go Jackets!

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Lynch is still out. If he does not practice by Monday 8/28 he most likely will not play. O line is Lee, Stickler, Bryan, Braun and Cooper. Marshall is out for the first game at least. Stickler has really made improvement. Best news is that the Morgan twins are showing they are capable of playing a lot of reps. Shamire can also provide some reps. Receivers are solid 3 deep, Jeune, Stewart and Camp. A backs are solid Cottrell, Searcy, Green and Jarrett will be the rotation if Lynch can not go. Probably will not go past 3 in the first game. Benson is back at B Back. Howard and Quaide are back ups. Look for Howard to take over at some point unless Benson is Dedrick Mills Jr. QB, insiders are now leaning toward Taquon Marshall starting game 1 with Lucas Johnson being primary back up. Jordan has been injured and missed a lot of reps in Spring and some this fall. Just not back to full strength. Still may play some on goal line and short yardage. Jones is just too unpredictable. Might get a shot somewhere else just for this season.

Defense is pretty much the same as post spring depth chart. Guys that are moving up are St. Amore and Jalen Johnson. Kicker is still undecided. Punter is the freshman Harvin. He has a cannon for a leg and looks like he has been doing this for a living.

Just what I am hearing.

Go Jackets!
This is exactly what I've heard too and a good summary. I'll say this, PJ loves this o line. We could do some real damage if they stay healthy. That alone is reason for optimism.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck

Just what I am hearing.

Go Jackets!

I can guarantee you heard that wrong.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer

Just what I am hearing.

Go Jackets!

Hope your report on Stickler and the Morgans is accurate. This is the difference maker for the season IMO.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
He may be back strength wise, but the fact remains he's been out a massive amount of reps back to spring.

MountPGT1990

Banned

Just what I am hearing.

Go Jackets!

Thanks so much for update, great news on Oline and that the twins ready to contribute. TQM and LJ is what I said earlier last weekend. Go Jackets and appreciate any more updates in the future

Techster

Helluva Engineer
On the qb battle coach says:

"It’s still up in the air, and we’re keeping it in our pocket for now."

If it's undecided, what's to keep in your pocket, coach?

He knows, he's known for a while.

Yep. You can tell by which QB runs which team.

Still going with Taquan starting, with some LJ mixed in.