Johnson to CFP committee ???

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Ratings influence the committee way too much. BAMA will never drop out of the top four with one loss. Heck, they might even make the at large with 2 or 3 losses.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I’ll take Cinderella story 8-team CFPs over seeing the same 4 dang teams every year. 5 P5 champs, 1 Go5 “champ”, and 2 at-larges.

Hell I would argue if you’re a Georgia Tech fan, you should want the automatic qualifier. It’s the only way we will ever sniff another national championship’s jock.

And to add to that get rid of the damn pre-season rankings. CPJ said early on, its stupid, meaningless and gives teams not pre-ranked a much harder chance at competing at a higher level.
I for one am tired of year after year seeing Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, ND etc in the top 4. Expand it and give more teams a chance

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
And to add to that get rid of the damn pre-season rankings. CPJ said early on, its stupid, meaningless and gives teams not pre-ranked a much harder chance at competing at a higher level.
I for one am tired of year after year seeing Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, ND etc in the top 4. Expand it and give more teams a chance
I want the pre-season rankings to stay because they're interesting to look at in a usually boring offseason...………………………………………………………………..just sayin';)

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
The preseason rankings will exist as long as people want to speculate on the season.

Mike Leach makes a very convincing argument. Expand the playoffs to 16 or 24 teams. If the Camellia Bowl still wants to invite Directional Georgia and Directional Michigan, they can still do that.

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
The preseason rankings will exist as long as people want to speculate on the season.

Mike Leach makes a very convincing argument. Expand the playoffs to 16 or 24 teams. If the Camellia Bowl still wants to invite Directional Georgia and Directional Michigan, they can still do that.
A 16 team FBS Playoffs would be awesome and I would be for reducing the season back to 11 games to go along with that:cigar:

Animal02

Banned

Rankings would be meaningless if only conference champions made it to the playoff

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Once we get to 16 teams the rankings will slowly lose their luster like they have in college hoops. I haven’t paid attention to hoops rankings since GT went to the finals. For now, they keep the excitement and interest level up. Once we get a true tournament they’ll be relegated to an afterthought.