Jeff Sims Reset?

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Sims was hurt and played better than Gibson. Both didn’t play well but it’s a reason Jeff plays every snap.
Saying he played better than Gibson isn't exactly a selling point tonight. And yes, there is a reason he plays every snap. Because the rest of the QB room is absolutely awful. We understand that now. Congrats to the tallest midget in the room.

JacketFan137

Banned
Saying he played better than Gibson isn't exactly a selling point tonight. And yes, there is a reason he plays every snap. Because the rest of the QB room is absolutely awful. We understand that now. Congrats to the tallest midget in the room.
it’s not that he’s better than gibson. he’s a completely different caliber of player

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
it’s not that he’s better than gibson. he’s a completely different caliber of player
lol. What? Dude isn't in the top 100 in passer rating in FBS. He only crossed midfield one time tonight in 5 drives only to throw an interception shortly after. He isn't the god you think he is. It wasn't that strange that some may have questioned do we have someone who might play better. It appears that we don't. Which is more sad for our team than anything else.

JacketFan137

Banned
lol. What? Dude isn't in the top 100 in passer rating in FBS. He only crossed midfield one time tonight in 5 drives only to throw an interception shortly after. He isn't the god you think he is. It wasn't that strange that some may have questioned do we have someone who might play better. It appears that we don't. Which is more sad for our team than anything else.
idk watching the actual game and not box score watching it’s clear he brings something to the table. he’s not perfect but he is a solid qb.

he was also visibly hurt tonight and still looked better than the **** show that followed so get the **** out of here slandering him after what we just watched lol

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
idk watching the actual game and not box score watching it’s clear he brings something to the table. he’s not perfect but he is a solid qb.

he was also visibly hurt tonight and still looked better than the **** show that followed so get the **** out of here slandering him after what we just watched lol
I watched the game too. He brought nothing to the table tonight. I don't know how hurt he was. He decided to play so im not going to make excuses for him. This isn't the first time he looked this bad this year, but we now know we have no backups so I guess any discussion about him losing his job, no matter how bad he plays is effectively over.

JacketFan137

Banned
I watched the game too. He brought nothing to the table tonight. I don't know how hurt he was. He decided to play so im not going to make excuses for him. This isn't the first time he looked this bad this year, but we now know we have no backups so I guess any discussion about him losing his job, no matter how bad he plays is effectively over.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

JacketFan137

Banned
Feel free to share with us why you think Sims played great tonight or why you think he has played great all season. You continue to praise Sims without actually discussing anything he does on the field. It's a little strange.
at no point did i say he played great tonight or all season but evidently in your crusade against him you have determined that anything but heaping blame and criticism upon him is calling him great. in this thread i have said:

“he is far and away the best qb when healthy and anyone who questions that is a moron.” feel free to argue that point but i have a hard time believing there is any evidence to the contrary.

“it’s not that he’s better than gibson. he’s a completely different caliber of player” again see the first point. not sure what you can argue to disprove this. from recruiting pedigree to the fact that gibson wasn’t a starter at AKRON, it’s clear sims is a different caliber of player.

“idk watching the actual game and not box score watching it’s clear he brings something to the table. he’s not perfect but he is a solid qb.

he was also visibly hurt tonight and still looked better than the **** show that followed so get the **** out of here slandering him after what we just watched lol” again, if i called him great anywhere please let me know. had a few cold ones at the game so maybe reading is a little tough for me but i don’t exactly see anywhere i’ve given him undue praise. solid may be overselling it but i think he at least has tools you can gameplan around and turn into something productive which we have seen at times.

next year i hope there is more depth/competition and if a genuine starting qb came through the portal i wouldn’t be opposed. i just don’t know that there is better out there for us in the immediate future and right now it is more than evident he is the starter whenever he is healthy.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
at no point did i say he played great tonight or all season but evidently in your crusade against him you have determined that anything but heaping blame and criticism upon him is calling him great. in this thread i have said:

“he is far and away the best qb when healthy and anyone who questions that is a moron.” feel free to argue that point but i have a hard time believing there is any evidence to the contrary.

“it’s not that he’s better than gibson. he’s a completely different caliber of player” again see the first point. not sure what you can argue to disprove this. from recruiting pedigree to the fact that gibson wasn’t a starter at AKRON, it’s clear sims is a different caliber of player.

“idk watching the actual game and not box score watching it’s clear he brings something to the table. he’s not perfect but he is a solid qb.

he was also visibly hurt tonight and still looked better than the **** show that followed so get the **** out of here slandering him after what we just watched lol” again, if i called him great anywhere please let me know. had a few cold ones at the game so maybe reading is a little tough for me but i don’t exactly see anywhere i’ve given him undue praise. solid may be overselling it but i think he at least has tools you can gameplan around and turn into something productive which we have seen at times.

next year i hope there is more depth/competition and if a genuine starting qb came through the portal i wouldn’t be opposed. i just don’t know that there is better out there for us in the immediate future and right now it is more than evident he is the starter whenever he is healthy.
Maybe I interpreted "solid" to be higher praise than you meant. Ill leave that be. As for the last last paragraph, im not all that sure Sims will still be here next year. Call it a hunch.

Steverc

Jolly Good Fellow
According to theacc.com, Georgia Tech has the worst offense in the ACC and Sims is the worst passer in the ACC. Sims is a bad quarterback and Gibson is worse.

JacketFan137

Banned
What caliber is that?
well gibson wasn’t starting at akron and looked awful. hypothetically if both entered the transfer portal this off-season sims would be getting looks from at least g5 schools maybe some lower rated p5 schools. gibson would maybe hear from fcs schools

ScGold

Banned

How is calling Sims out for piss poor play again slander? He is potentially the worst 4* qb behind jordan yates ive ever seen. Tech seems to find the most overrated or inflated 4*' players than anyone.

JacketFan137

Banned
How is calling Sims out for piss poor play again slander? He is potentially the worst 4* qb behind jordan yates ive ever seen. Tech seems to find the most overrated or inflated 4*' players than anyone.
i mean he was visibly hurt tonight. hard to hold that against him when he couldn’t run

ScGold

Banned
well gibson wasn’t starting at akron and looked awful. hypothetically if both entered the transfer portal this off-season sims would be getting looks from at least g5 schools maybe some lower rated p5 schools. gibson would maybe hear from fcs schools
The way sims has developed he would get a chance because 99% of the coaches see his physical attributes and droll. When in reality he is no better than 18 yr old jeff sims. His is not developing the mental side of the game at a fast enough rate. He is in his 3rd season and still looks lost. At some point u can or u can't and jeff is trending in the can't category.

ScGold

Banned
i mean he was visibly hurt tonight. hard to hold that against him when he couldn’t run
Being hurt tonight is the excuse, so what excuse you giving him when he's healthy and still plays bad. Ive got 2 1/2 years of tape of sims $hitting on the field. He isnt a fr anymore and still plays like it.

JacketFan137

Banned
Being hurt tonight is the excuse, so what excuse you giving him when he's healthy and still plays bad. Ive got 2 1/2 years of tape of sims $hitting on the field. He isnt a fr anymore and still plays like it.
based on your comments it’s quite clear you have a bone to pick and you are being fairly aggressive here. at no point in these comments did i say he was great. calm down🤣

it is very clear the o line has been a massive issue for this team and a lot of his mistakes can probably be traced back to that. the fact that he is able to escape so often is pretty impressive when you see what the alternative was.

i’m willing to give the kid a break. he’s been injured so much playing hard for a bad team. i think at a new school he’s gonna make a lot of comments from you look pretty silly if he chooses to leave