Jay Jones Transferring

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Goddamnit. So sick of this ****.
What ****? Assuming that he lost the competition to LJ, would you really expect a kid to sit for 4 years with no opportunity to ever start, except in an emergency role?

If a guy in your own class beats you out, your routes to playing time are limited, and I have a hard time blaming a 19 or 20 year old for wanting to play.

Milwaukee

Banned
What ****? Assuming that he lost the competition to LJ, would you really expect a kid to sit for 4 years with no opportunity to ever start, except in an emergency role?

If a guy in your own class beats you out, your routes to playing time are limited, and I have a hard time blaming a 19 or 20 year old for wanting to play.

Slow your roll. It's not Jay I'm upset with.

melloace

Jolly Good Fellow

Rumored that he was struggling with the academic portion. Hope he finds the answers he's looking for. Best of luck

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The part to be sick of as noted above is losing good athletes for things most schools don't have to deal with (Academics, drugs...). He had an almost guaranteed opportunity to have 2 years being the feature guy and face of the program. This transfer screams academics to me.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Y'all are way overblowing this. Is Jay a special athlete? ABSOLUTELY. I would love to see him on the field for us, no doubt about it. I want him playing for us. With that being said, transferring is a part of collegiate athletics. If guys don't like where they are, or they need a better situation, they'll transfer. I don't see anything wrong with this; if Jay is happy, and this is the move for him, so be it. I'm happy for him. We will be just fine without him, and he will be just fine without us.