James Graham is the future

Jd89

Georgia Tech Fan
Come on now. James Graham's minutes were against disinterested 3rd stringers protecting a 40 point lead and he missed several EASY pitch and catches. Couple good throws, couple garbage throws. TO's minutes would have looked very similar in the same situation.

At Clemson, a third string position is just player getting ready for the transfer portal to a starting position most anywhere else in the country. It isn’t average scrubs, they could suit up as a first string at many schools. So while he did play in garbage time, I think it was against good players looking to better their position on team or in portal.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
He waS in for 3 plays!!

That’s true. And in those three plays he looked like a deer in the headlights. But to be completely fair I don’t think we can make any judgments about Lucas moving forward from just this game. He hasn’t played in how many years? And his first plays come against the best team in the country with a minute left in the half. So I will draw no conclusions about him from this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
That’s true. And in those three plays he looked like a deer in the headlights. But to be completely fair I don’t think we can make any judgments about Lucas moving forward from just this game. He hasn’t played in how many years? And his first plays come against the best team in the country with a minute left in the half. So I will draw no conclusions about him from this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sorry to admit this but I laughed watching him play because he really looked terrified lol

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Well we can't go the whole season without someone becoming the full time starter at the quarterback position. During the first half Oliver was playing like we ran the triple option. If he could have connected on a few pass plays, that would have helped open up Clemson's defense. With Johnson only getting three plays, that tells me he hasn't progressed. Graham had some good plays, but not enough to make him the starter. We've got to have a leader at quarterback and auditions need to end by the third game. If I were to rate our weaknesses I'd go with:
1. Linebackers
2. Quarterback
3. Offensive Line
To the coaching staff, need to develop a quick pass to counter opponent's pass rush.

JacketEagle98

Georgia Tech Fan
Well we can't go the whole season without someone becoming the full time starter at the quarterback position. During the first half Oliver was playing like we ran the triple option. If he could have connected on a few pass plays, that would have helped open up Clemson's defense. With Johnson only getting three plays, that tells me he hasn't progressed. Graham had some good plays, but not enough to make him the starter. We've got to have a leader at quarterback and auditions need to end by the third game. If I were to rate our weaknesses I'd go with:
1. Linebackers
2. Quarterback
3. Offensive Line
To the coaching staff, need to develop a quick pass to counter opponent's pass rush.
I agree with this post 100%. Some positives in the game, but linebackers were out of position on several of the 10-15 yard runs. It's hard to be an effective
QB when the box is stacked and you don't at least have a quick/short pass plan. The OL did okay until they stacked the box and started blitzing every play.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
The ball comes out of Graham’s hands like it should from a D1 QB. He’s gonna make some mistakes but he’s also go to make some plays. I’ll take that over what the other QB’s bring. Gleason is the one we are waiting for in year 3.

I agree. I’ve literally seen nothing from Tobias to make me think he could make that TD pass Graham made. Even though incomplete toon Graham threw down the sideline intended for Carter was a well thrown ball.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Not sure what everyone is seeing. He looks like he'd be an excellent 3-O QB, but .. we don't run that anymore.

Looked better against their backups .. after they took their foot off the gas.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Not sure what everyone is seeing. He looks like he'd be an excellent 3-O QB, but .. we don't run that anymore.

Looked better against their backups .. after they took their foot off the gas.

Really have to disagree.

I wasn't one who had JG tabbed as the man, but he just looked the most poised in the pocket, and he absolutely threw the best ball out of the three no question. That TD pass took timing and touch. It had both.

Also, Clemson backups are 4 stars, and Dabo gets max effort out of backups. (I'm not sure that safety wasn't the starter anyway, actually.)

RickStromFan

Ramblin' Wreck
The narrative that the Clemson backups "took their foot off the gas" or played at half-*** speed is laughably ludicrous, as anyone who's actually played the game knows. 3rd stringers are chomping at the bit to get ANY playing time and know it's their chance to make an impression to move up the depth chart.

Plus, they know Dabo and the rest of the staff are watching just as closely and will chew their asses out and make 'em run stadium drills for hours if they detect any slacking off.

I agree with the Graham supporters: That TD pass was the best thrown TD pass we've had in years. Graham looked far more legit than the other 2, though LJ still can't get enough PT to really see what he can do. He must really un-impress coaching staffs, poor kid.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Disinterested??? LMAO!!!!!

TO wouldn’t have stayed in the pocket long enough to make a throw.
Yeah I don’t get why you would think backups are disinterested. They’re actually getting to play and have a shot to play well and try and move up on the depth chart. I would think the starters would be more disinterested late if anyone

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
The narrative that the Clemson backups "took their foot off the gas" or played at half-*** speed is laughably ludicrous, as anyone who's actually played the game knows. 3rd stringers are chomping at the bit to get ANY playing time and know it's their chance to make an impression to move up the depth chart.

Plus, they know Dabo and the rest of the staff are watching just as closely and will chew their asses out and make 'em run stadium drills for hours if they detect any slacking off.

I agree with the Graham supporters: That TD pass was the best thrown TD pass we've had in years. Graham looked far more legit than the other 2, though LJ still can't get enough PT to really see what he can do. He must really un-impress coaching staffs, poor kid.
I quit watching it when clemson went up 35-0. I wish I could’ve seen Graham’s pass

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Really have to disagree.

I wasn't one who had JG tabbed as the man, but he just looked the most poised in the pocket, and he absolutely threw the best ball out of the three no question. That TD pass took timing and touch. It had both.

Also, Clemson backups are 4 stars, and Dabo gets max effort out of backups. (I'm not sure that safety wasn't the starter anyway, actually.)

Well, I think it's two different things. I (a) agree he looked better than Oliver but (b) I didn't see anything that led me to believe he'd be an excellent pro-style QB.

This suggests there's no difference between their starters and their backups.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Well, I think it's two different things. I (a) agree he looked better than Oliver but (b) I didn't see anything that led me to believe he'd be an excellent pro-style QB.

Ok. Then that's a different argument from you. I never said he'd be an excellent pro-style QB. Just that he looked like the most poised QB last night, and threw the best ball by far.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Ok. Then that's a different argument from you. I never said he'd be an excellent pro-style QB. Just that he looked like the most poised QB last night, and threw the best ball by far.

No it's not. It just means you actually agree with my original statement. ;)