It's Officially Official! (Nate Woody Named DC)

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Did you know we now have a school of puppetry science

Please keep this under wraps. We wouldn't want our degrees to "lose value" or "be cheapened" in any way. If this knowledge becomes public and a bunch of us end up getting fired, we will hold you responsible! ;)

"If it does not include calculus, it not really an education!" - anonymous :wacky:

GT_EE78

Banned
He should have made it a pre-condition that johnson give him a couple of those unused 300 pounders like Tufele and hansen.
with four guys that size our Woody could get some deep penetration

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This Woody hire has certainly reinvigorated me. The end of the season was such a downer I had turned totally pessimistic.

For years now I had taken it as a given that we would always only go as far as the offense would take us. Winning high scoring games was about our only path to success. Maybe, just maybe, we can play on both sides of the ball now.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
For those that are not very enthused on Woody --here are some facts. I went back and looked at App St opponents common to Tech in the last 5 yrs and his defense gave up about the SAME number of points as Tech to Uga, uM, Ga Southern, etc. --BUT with guys who were recruiting-wise generally ranked 100 Pts BELOW Tech guys. (if we had a top 100 recruit at a position then he had a 200, using phil steele mag data).
He did as much with less in a glance.

I haven't checked but suspect that their games had more drives than ours. So giving up the same points would be giving up fewer points/drive.