It's Officially Official! (Nate Woody Named DC)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
This is the part that stood out to me:

Woody was a four-year starter at Wofford from 1980-83, playing two years at defensive back and two at outside linebacker.

He's got personal experience moving chess pieces around to make the best use of them...put the best 11 guys on the field even if it means giving them a new role. There's a few players I think that can benefit from that.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty optimistic about this hire, though Johnson's endorsement was a typical if-I-gotta statement., Johnson still not a guy who enjoys the masses. I would have liked to see more of a commitment from both as to the type of defense, as "tenacious" is kinda what defense should be. I hope it is aggressive and active and we are done and rid of the read-and-react which too often really was played as wait-and-see. But maybe the entire board will give the guy until maybe the third game before screaming about those big plays allowed by being so aggressive. (I promise to scream only if we march 75 yards and score and the defense gives up a touchdown in two minutes. We have been there.) I think this guy will work, though I do kind of wonder why he plowed the lower 40 for so long. Good teams, good defenses, good football, but not FBS teams.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty optimistic about this hire, though Johnson's endorsement was a typical if-I-gotta statement., Johnson still not a guy who enjoys the masses. I would have liked to see more of a commitment from both as to the type of defense, as "tenacious" is kinda what defense should be. I hope it is aggressive and active and we are done and rid of the read-and-react which too often really was played as wait-and-see. But maybe the entire board will give the guy until maybe the third game before screaming about those big plays allowed by being so aggressive. (I promise to scream only if we march 75 yards and score and the defense gives up a touchdown in two minutes. We have been there.) I think this guy will work, though I do kind of wonder why he plowed the lower 40 for so long. Good teams, good defenses, good football, but not FBS teams.
I thought I remember he was offered from others ( Miss State ) last year but turned it down. But I could be wrong I'm old and have a short memory . Now what were we talking about?