It's a girl!

GT1992

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't know anything, but do you remember your wife right after your first was born? Now think about the time E has put into this forum. I suspect he made a deal with his wife and will be back.

Then again, as I think about how much time E put in, he might have joined a 12 step program.

The second kid is so much easier. You have realized that they can survive without you holding them 24/7.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
The second kid is so much easier. You have realized that they can survive without you holding them 24/7.

Oh yeah! We were very lucky with our first and her pediatrician, he explained in no uncertain terms what to do and not do. Of course at 6 weeks she was sleeping through the night and has been an independent soul ever since.

One thing he told us that I've tried to pass along to as many new parents/parents to be as I can is that babies cry! It the only exercise they get and if they're fed, burped and dry don't freak out when they cry! Let them do it, if after 10-15 minutes or so they're still at it then check on them. Babies learn very, very quickly what brings mommy or daddy running and, trust me, they'll use as much as they can! :LOL:

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
Oh yeah! We were very lucky with our first and her pediatrician, he explained in no uncertain terms what to do and not do. Of course at 6 weeks she was sleeping through the night and has been an independent soul ever since.

One thing he told us that I've tried to pass along to as many new parents/parents to be as I can is that babies cry! It the only exercise they get and if they're fed, burped and dry don't freak out when they cry! Let them do it, if after 10-15 minutes or so they're still at it then check on them. Babies learn very, very quickly what brings mommy or daddy running and, trust me, they'll use as much as they can! :LOL:
Truth right here.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Please keep us informed on how things are going with the new kiddo. Also, remind him the season starts Thursday!!
There are a lot of new members in this forum who have yet to experience the wisdom behind the name "ERIC".

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
At the end of the day, I like the kids. Had a few myself...but, dadgum, if they cannot distract a man from football. Of course, they do grow up..so you get your Saturdays back and life becomes normal again. Eric, chin up...only 23 years +/- until this little 'un graduates from college. If you can get her into the I, you can attend games under the pretense of seeing your progeny. Best wishes my man.