It’s ugly, but I noticed some good things.

bennyjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Not sure why people are getting pissed. The current college football environment is completely different from 10-15 years ago. There is no way we can compete unless the school itself is willing to make major change. We all know the GT leaders are not willing to do that. In order for us to win we need a lot of money injected into the program. Even then it would be difficult for us to compete. We literally suck in almost every category that matters to Athletes. This is why the ACC is so good at Basketball, most of the schools that know they cant compete in Football pour all of their money into basketball. Disagree with me all you want but it is what it is. There is no coach you can replace Collins with in CFB today that can make us a Natty Contender. Its time to pour the cash into BBall. We should be alot better at both sports but BBall we have a shot at winning a Natty with the right coach. Put Saban or Kirby or Urban in Collins place and we still don't crack the top 10 in todays landscape.

Buzzmaster

Georgia Tech Fan
1. For all the Collins haters, he’s gonna be gone if we don’t make a bowl. The final score today was unacceptable.

2. Offense looked better, o line was bad but passing game was nice, sims looks more accurate.

3. Defense looked solid at times, they still have lots of work to do though.

I feel like if we had played Virginia or Duke we would’ve won or at least been in the game. Ole Miss is still a good team remember. Still, an unacceptable loss.
Being shutout is totally unacceptable!
Giving up 42 is also unacceptable!

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
We played ND on the road. We scored 30 against BC….we also gave up double BC’s high in points in ACC play.
We are 183-10 in our last 4 P5 games, which is fireable, but if we had the finances to do that, we would have done it already.
You’re right, my memory failed me (honestly I try forgetting those last two games from last year). Even still, the broader point remains in that we have hit rock bottom. This is worse than B*** L****. Hopefully those boosters were in TStan’s suite offering up the buyout money during the game

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Not sure why people are getting pissed. The current college football environment is completely different from 10-15 years ago. There is no way we can compete unless the school itself is willing to make major change. We all know the GT leaders are not willing to do that. In order for us to win we need a lot of money injected into the program. Even then it would be difficult for us to compete. We literally suck in almost every category that matters to Athletes. This is why the ACC is so good at Basketball, most of the schools that know they cant compete in Football pour all of their money into basketball. Disagree with me all you want but it is what it is. There is no coach you can replace Collins with in CFB today that can make us a Natty Contender. Its time to pour the cash into BBall. We should be alot better at both sports but BBall we have a shot at winning a Natty with the right coach. Put Saban or Kirby or Urban in Collins place and we still don't crack the top 10 in todays landscape.
A good coach could crack the top 20. Collins is cracking the bottom 20.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I say it would depend on who's on the hook to be the next HC. Neon Deion? That might turn recruiting around. We need to do something brash.
we have a so called head coach that was told he had a good defensive mind that took over the defense and the defense sucks. over 500 yards against them today . right now I would take anyone over CGC anyone.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
we have a so called head coach that was told he had a good defensive mind that took over the defense and the defense sucks. over 500 yards against them today . right now I would take anyone over CGC anyone.
Well, yeah, but I'd bide time enough to maximize my opportunities with consideration of availability. It's not like we're going anywhere this year, anyway.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Where’s the get back coach with his warehouse of crow to serve ?
Whoa, there, partner. Don’t poke the dragon to see if it is awake…
1663459054748.gif

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Well, yeah, but I'd bide time enough to maximize my opportunities with consideration of availability. It's not like we're going anywhere this year, anyway.
so if you are the AD do you send an E-mail to the season ticket holders and tell them we ain't going to win but maybe 1 or 2 games this year and to save $5 million I'm going to keep CGC and if you want your money back for the rest of the I'll send it,

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
so if you are the AD do you send an E-mail to the season ticket holders and tell them we ain't going to win but maybe 1 or 2 games this year and to save $5 million I'm going to keep CGC and if you want your money back for the rest of the I'll send it,
Everyone knew this would be a possibility. A goodwill gesture might be appropriate, now that you mention it, but it might be more expensive than the buyout. Don't get me wrong - if Collins is canned tomorrow, I'll be happy to hear it.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
duke beat temple and northwestern. northwestern lost to southern illinois today and temple lost to rutgers. what about that makes you think they were good
You said they haven’t looked good - what about them hasn’t looked good? All you did was mention who their opponents have played lol. I’ve watched them play and they’re well coached

JacketFan137

Banned
You said they haven’t looked good - what about them hasn’t looked good? All you did was mention who their opponents have played lol. I’ve watched them play and they’re well coached
those teams are way worse than what we’ve played. they’ve beaten 2 bad teams. nothing about them tells you they’re good yet

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Scott frost is available and now has enough money to last forever.
He may be cheap but he didn't win at Nebraska in a weak P5 division with a lot of resources... I just don't think he is the right fit.

CPJ was a better fit than most people realize. A smart, under-appreciated curmudgeon who was excellent at what he did matched with a smart, totally negative, high performing professionally fanbase. Unfortunately all the business majors didn't like him