It’s ugly, but I noticed some good things.

Jimd99

Georgia Tech Fan
ly… offense actually looked better? You base this off of 0 points scored?
1. For all the Collins haters, he’s gonna be gone if we don’t make a bowl. The final score today was unacceptable.

2. Offense looked better, o line was bad but passing game was nice, sims looks more accurate.

3. Defense looked solid at times, they still have lots of work to do though.

I feel like if we had played Virginia or Duke we would’ve won or at least been in the game. Ole Miss is still a good team remember. Still, an unacceptable loss.
We must have watched different games. I've watched Jackets football for about 70 years and this game made Bud Carson's offense look exciting and B*** L**** look like a coaching genius. Collins isn't a bad person he is a round peg in a square hole and it's unfair to the players, alum, fans, and Collins to continue as is.

DavidStandingBear

Jolly Good Fellow
Oh believe me, he would have been fired after Northern Illinois last year if it were me, and again after ND, but it’s not, and I don’t run the AA so I can’t write checks. I’m also not privy to our financials, but brand equity is of low consequence when actual equity is lacking. From what I’ve read and heard from those in the know, we aren’t exactly flush with cash as an AA, and have rather large debts.

Whether he deserves to be fired right now is unquestionable. The question is if the gain from satiating fans is worth 7 figures to the AA budget. I’m guessing no, so we will keep losing until the buyout lowers then pull the trigger. The sword of Damocles is over his head, we just don’t know the hour it will fall.
So who’s in charge of AA finances? Hmm couldn’t have seen this coming!

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Not sure why people are getting pissed. The current college football environment is completely different from 10-15 years ago. There is no way we can compete unless the school itself is willing to make major change. We all know the GT leaders are not willing to do that. In order for us to win we need a lot of money injected into the program. Even then it would be difficult for us to compete. We literally suck in almost every category that matters to Athletes. This is why the ACC is so good at Basketball, most of the schools that know they cant compete in Football pour all of their money into basketball. Disagree with me all you want but it is what it is. There is no coach you can replace Collins with in CFB today that can make us a Natty Contender. Its time to pour the cash into BBall. We should be alot better at both sports but BBall we have a shot at winning a Natty with the right coach. Put Saban or Kirby or Urban in Collins place and we still don't crack the top 10 in todays landscape.

We had a season where we finished in the top 10 in the last “10-15 years”. We had a winning record as recently as 2018. Yeah, we may never average 10 wins a season, but the idea that losing 42-0 to Ole Miss should be expected is not accurate. We were playing .500 ball post-2014. We started being uncompetitive because of one thing: we hired a bad coach.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
ly… offense actually looked better? You base this off of 0 points scored?

We must have watched different games. I've watched Jackets football for about 70 years and this game made Bud Carson's offense look exciting and B*** L**** look like a coaching genius. Collins isn't a bad person he is a round peg in a square hole and it's unfair to the players, alum, fans, and Collins to continue as is.
I like to think CGC is a square peg that doesn't fit in a round hole

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
I like to think CGC is a square peg that doesn't fit in a round hole
I think Collins is an electric disco-ball that doesn’t fit into a Gregorian monastery. He is a French accordion that doesn’t belong on a mercenary commando team. He is an Italian soccer player that has no place in a chess tournament.

That said, I hope that for the rest of the season our team can take cheap dives in front of the refs, with accordion music blaring on the PA system and disco-spangles glistening from the stadium lights. (It might take all that for us to get any more wins this season…I can live with that.)

SCjacket1

Banned
Reggie, Nesbitt, or Justin Thomas would have run over that Ole Miss player and got the first down. Nesbitt would have put him in the hospital, Reggie would have punched him in the mouth and talked trash, Justin would have left him clawing at air and then run over him. Sims looks to get out of bounds.
100% correct