*** **** is back in jail again

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

MidtownJacket

Staff member

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I’m all about defending CJP, that spills over to me being comfortable laughing at *** **** for not handling his business, having outstanding warrants lay unresolved and ending up back in jail.

I even understand the resentment against his crazy girl friend for her (what I truly believe and desperately hope to be) repulsive slander and false accusations she has made against coach.

I don’t feel comfortable trashing her physical appearance in the style of a bunch of internet trolls. We are better than that, and despite whatever she may have said or done as a person she deserves better from us.

Not trying to throw stones at anyone here, just a reminder that this is a public forum and we should act with the decorum the Institute instilled in us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The Pima County Adult Detention Center

Name:
BELL, RONALD FRANKLIN
Booking: 180314073
Total Bond: $0.00
Reference Court Bond Type Bond Amount

1 FW20180058 SUPERIOR COURT Hold Without Bond $0.00

Maybe inmates have limited internet access:

http://www.gtl.net/pima-county-introduces-gtl-tablet-services-to-inmates/

but they definitely have severe limitations on phone use:

https://www.pimasheriff.org/jail-info/inmate-voice-mail/

My guess is that he can view the board, but not post anything.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The Pima County Adult Detention Center

Name:
BELL, RONALD FRANKLIN
Booking: 180314073
Total Bond: $0.00
Reference Court Bond Type Bond Amount

1 FW20180058 SUPERIOR COURT Hold Without Bond $0.00

Maybe inmates have limited internet access:

http://www.gtl.net/pima-county-introduces-gtl-tablet-services-to-inmates/

but they definitely have severe limitations on phone use:

https://www.pimasheriff.org/jail-info/inmate-voice-mail/

My guess is that he can view the board, but not post anything.
He needs to pay the Swarm message board a visit while he's in jail;):LOL::ROFLMAO::hilarious:

brandon_cox

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, more information is leaking out and it looks very dire for our pal Ron. At first it was reported that he had an outstanding warrant out for his arrest for a robbery charge from the late 1990s. Thanks to a reporter from Arizona, Caitlin Schmidt, we now know that he was arrested last week on a probation revocation that occurred in 2001 for an armed robbery conviction in Cobb County from 2000. That changes everything and here's why.

Proving a 20 year old case is really difficult. The detectives have retired, witnesses die or move away, memories fade etc. But a probation revocation is the easiest thing in the world. If he was on probation in 2001 he obviously pleaded guilty in 2000 to armed robbery. And if his probation was revoked in 2001 and he wasn't immediately jailed, it means he quit reporting and fled the jurisdiction. So, here's what happened next in 2001. Before they do the pleas calendar in Cobb Superior Court, they usually do probation revocations. Ron's undoubtedly took less than a minute. The probation officer stated under oath that he quit reporting and fled the jurisdiction. He/she asked that the probation be revoked and a bench warrant issue for his arrest. The Judge granted it and moved on to the next revocation.

When Ron is extradited and gets back to Georgia he literally has no credible legal argument to make to fight his probation revocation. All he can do is throw himself on the mercy of the court. I've represented plenty of criminals at revocations and if they quit reporting all you can do is argue that your client has been a good boy or girl since they violated their probation. Given Ron's subsequent conduct, he is not going to be finding a very sympathetic judge, especially for an armed robbery conviction. The judge can sentence him to serve in prison up to whatever time he had left on probation (or, if he somehow was on a First Offender plea, basically sentence him up to 19 years in prison or more).

Ron Bell is in a world of hurt. It couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

Here's the link to the Caitlin Schmidt interview https://player.fm/series/zach-clark-instant-replay/ep-3-19-caitlin-schmidt-interview

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Well, more information is leaking out and it looks very dire for our pal Ron. At first it was reported that he had an outstanding warrant out for his arrest for a robbery charge from the late 1990s. Thanks to a reporter from Arizona, Caitlin Schmidt, we now know that he was arrested last week on a probation revocation that occurred in 2001 for an armed robbery conviction in Cobb County from 2000. That changes everything and here's why.

Proving a 20 year old case is really difficult. The detectives have retired, witnesses die or move away, memories fade etc. But a probation revocation is the easiest thing in the world. If he was on probation in 2001 he obviously pleaded guilty in 2000 to armed robbery. And if his probation was revoked in 2001 and he wasn't immediately jailed, it means he quit reporting and fled the jurisdiction. So, here's what happened next in 2001. Before they do the pleas calendar in Cobb Superior Court, they usually do probation revocations. Ron's undoubtedly took less than a minute. The probation officer stated under oath that he quit reporting and fled the jurisdiction. He/she asked that the probation be revoked and a bench warrant issue for his arrest. The Judge granted it and moved on to the next revocation.

When Ron is extradited and gets back to Georgia he literally has no credible legal argument to make to fight his probation revocation. All he can do is throw himself on the mercy of the court. I've represented plenty of criminals at revocations and if they quit reporting all you can do is argue that your client has been a good boy or girl since they violated their probation. Given Ron's subsequent conduct, he is not going to be finding a very sympathetic judge, especially for an armed robbery conviction. The judge can sentence him to serve in prison up to whatever time he had left on probation (or, if he somehow was on a First Offender plea, basically sentence him up to 19 years in prison or more).

Ron Bell is in a world of hurt. It couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

Here's the link to the Caitlin Schmidt interview https://player.fm/series/zach-clark-instant-replay/ep-3-19-caitlin-schmidt-interview

How does this go un-noticed when he was sentenced for a separate crime and jailed in Arizona? They don’t check nationwide for outstanding warrants?

brandon_cox

Jolly Good Fellow
These bureaucratic screw-ups happen a lot. It could be that Cobb didn't report it properly and it never made the NCIC. It could be that Arizona ran his state wide records but didn't run his NCIC. It could be anything. But if Ron thought this was gone for good he made a huge miscalculation. There's no statute of limitation on a probation revocation.