*** **** is back in jail again

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
This is the line from the article that caught my attention

"Bell, who served prison time in Arizona for prescription-drug fraud, faced numerous theft and drug-related charges while living in the Atlanta area during the 1990s.
Cobb County court records show that in February, a private investigator in Arizona inquired about the status of Bell’s old cases."

Anybody want to place a bet that the PI was hired by Pastner's attorneys?
Their job is to put their client in the best possible position. Having an opposing claimant who has past legal issues and gets thrown in jail is not going to come off with alot of credibility to a judge or jury. Also, puts that claimant in a position where his legal bills are just getting higher.
Keep in mind roughly 98% of civil cases never make it to court - about 10% of them get settled and the rest drop out of the legal system before ever getting to a judge or jury.

Nothing like a little hard ball

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Well boys this is a good step 1 for clearing the board of all this noise during the off season. That it happened at the start of the tourney gives some time for the story to bubble through the conversation nationally too.

Couldn’t have happened to a more deserving dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Poor guy can't escape his own self. Gurgle glub glub.

giphy.gif

Would be nice if we could get to a "We'll drop ours if you drop yours" state of affairs.
I hope Ron brought soap on a rope;)

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
(Jacketgirl quickly logs back on the swarm just to refresh this thread for a sighting of @MiracleWhips. Nods head slowly upon affirmation of no such sighting.....)

I wonder if/when he gets out if he'll log back on here and say what's up to all his buddies. I'm sure he'll have some great prison stories cooked up for us, don't let us down @MiracleWhips !

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if/when he gets out if he'll log back on here and say what's up to all his buddies. I'm sure he'll have some great prison stories cooked up for us, don't let us down @MiracleWhips !
He'll probably be talking about how his cell buddy made him clean up the cell and take care of the clothes and what not;)

flounder

Jolly Good Fellow
Bell’s lawyer, Paul Gattone of Tucson, said Friday the old warrant seemed to become relevant only after Bell aired his accusations against Pastner, a former assistant coach at the University of Arizona.

“One has to wonder why this has become an issue now,” Gattone said. “It doesn’t seem like a coincidence to me.”

Pastner’s lawyers declined to comment.

Deleted member 2897

Well, when you take on a job of working with a guy who is a felon multiple times over, you can't be surprised if there are some loose ends scattered around various jurisdictions. You read about all the police calls to his house over the last year and honestly the only difference between him and Nikolas Kruz is that *** **** hasn't actually killed anybody yet thankfully. Scary and sad.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
This is the line from the article that caught my attention

"Bell, who served prison time in Arizona for prescription-drug fraud, faced numerous theft and drug-related charges while living in the Atlanta area during the 1990s.
Cobb County court records show that in February, a private investigator in Arizona inquired about the status of Bell’s old cases."

Anybody want to place a bet that the PI was hired by Pastner's attorneys?
Their job is to put their client in the best possible position. Having an opposing claimant who has past legal issues and gets thrown in jail is not going to come off with alot of credibility to a judge or jury. Also, puts that claimant in a position where his legal bills are just getting higher.
Keep in mind roughly 98% of civil cases never make it to court - about 10% of them get settled and the rest drop out of the legal system before ever getting to a judge or jury.
This is what happens when you face Major League pitching.