Ireland

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Anyone else getting screwed over by Ticketmaster? My tickets (after 3 misfires by them) were guaranteed to be on my doorstep when I got home. Surprise, nothing delivered AGAIN. They claim they were mailed today & will be on my doorstep Thurs which is great because I'm heading out of country tomorrow. Add insult to injury, I bought them with the now defunct Costco Amex card.

I have learned my lesson purchasing tickets from GT. They can blame it on someone else, but GT arranged for Ticketmaster to handle this on their behalf. Guess I'll do what I used to do & scalp some off some GT fan at the game. I've tried to support the Institute & program by buying tickets thru the website, but all it does it get you hosed because nobody takes responsibility for anything anymore. I'll be doing it the old fashioned way from here forward. I hand you cash, you give me the goods.
I never have liked ticketmaster...you can handle it like Coach Johnson, and "punch 'em them face"

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Not exactly Airbnb, but we are staying in a private flat here in Edinburgh, Scotland that my daughter found through Tripadvisor. We have four bedrooms(one more than we need), two full bathrooms, a living room, kitchen and laundry room for way less than three hotel rooms would have cost. It is is in a very nice area close to the city center.
Did you go on a tour to Loch Ness by any chance? (Yes I know how gimmicky it is, my wife wanted to go.) We ended up sitting next to Tech fans on the bus. I think we're going to have a good showing in Dublin!

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Anyone else getting screwed over by Ticketmaster? My tickets (after 3 misfires by them) were guaranteed to be on my doorstep when I got home. Surprise, nothing delivered AGAIN. They claim they were mailed today & will be on my doorstep Thurs which is great because I'm heading out of country tomorrow. Add insult to injury, I bought them with the now defunct Costco Amex card.

I have learned my lesson purchasing tickets from GT. They can blame it on someone else, but GT arranged for Ticketmaster to handle this on their behalf. Guess I'll do what I used to do & scalp some off some GT fan at the game. I've tried to support the Institute & program by buying tickets thru the website, but all it does it get you hosed because nobody takes responsibility for anything anymore. I'll be doing it the old fashioned way from here forward. I hand you cash, you give me the goods.

Look back at my previous posts in this thread. You should be able to contact ticketmaster Ireland and they can email you print at home tickets you can print from your hotel (or do will call).

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm Atlanta to Munich on Thursday, land Friday morning, and then immediately hop on a flight to Dublin (land on Friday at 1 pm). To say work has been a struggle to get through this week is a major understatement.

Luckily, I have the Guinness tour lined up for late Friday afternoon and then a group of 24 of us have reservations for dinner on Friday night. Have a big contingent of Tech fans and couldn't be more excited.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Yeah since I can't make the trip I'm gonna have to stock up on some Guinness to get in the spirit. I'm actually going to be "camping" (we have a camper...not so much roughing it) this weekend so had to figure out a TV setup where I can stream. I'm thinking car bombs for each TD (I'll be stateside...don't get those overseas) until/unless it gets out of hand.

ranman

Georgia Tech Fan

Email [email protected] with your order number and the fiasco with Ticketmaster US and see if they can email the tickets to you or confirm they will be at will call location in Dublin. I ended up just having them email mine to to me.

Hope that helps.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Yeah since I can't make the trip I'm gonna have to stock up on some Guinness to get in the spirit. I'm actually going to be "camping" (we have a camper...not so much roughing it) this weekend so had to figure out a TV setup where I can stream. I'm thinking car bombs for each TD (I'll be stateside...don't get those overseas) until/unless it gets out of hand.
Not sure what a carbomb is, but when I was a young buck back in the day I used get Irish Cannonballs at Limerick Junction in Virginia Highlands. An IC is half Guinness, half Harp and a shot of Jameson dropped in.

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
Not sure what a carbomb is, but when I was a young buck back in the day I used get Irish Cannonballs at Limerick Junction in Virginia Highlands. An IC is half Guinness, half Harp and a shot of Jameson dropped in.

Carbomb is Guinness with a shot dropped in that consists of half Jameson, half Bailey's. Delicious

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Pretty similar...half Jameson/half Bailey's shot dropped in a full Guinness. Cannonball sounds like a good alternate too, with the bonus of not getting your *** kicked if you order it in Ireland.