Introduce yourself

Tommy_Taylor_1972

GT Athlete
I am Tommy Taylor, GT class of 1971, Industrial Management. Basketball scholarship 1968-1972 under Coach Whack Hyder on the Rich Yunkus teams. Freshman team and 3 varsity letters with two invites to NCAA and NIT tournaments, choosing the NIT and finishing in the elite 8 and finals in Madison Square Garden. Georgia Tech Army ROTC commissioned during Vietnam era, assigned to 25th Infantry Division, retired in 2000 as colonel after multiple overseas tours. Coached college basketball 5 years while on reserve duty and then called back to active duty. Executive with defense industry 16 years. Retired to own and operate family farm, mainly pecans. near hometown Whigham, in southwest Georgia. Dad attended Georgia Tech 1927-1930 before the depression. Niece earned masters and PhD in Architecture at Georgia Tech and was a tenured professor and associate chair of school of Industrial design. After 20 years at Tech, she is professor and chair of school of design products at the Royal College of Arts in London UK. Tech is family and family is Tech. Go Jackets!

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Ha, I just found this forum. I got out in 1978, so I'm an old guy. BSIM, working in the aerospace field, but also have a graduate degree in theology, so I'm all up in the air. LOL. Just looking for a group of Tech folks who love Tech sports and want to chat about what they love. TBH, I'm tired of the negative culture of social media today and would really enjoy a positive, encouraging place to hang out where people respect each other's opinions even if they disagree. So far, this one has been good.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Ha, I just found this forum. I got out in 1978, so I'm an old guy. BSIM, working in the aerospace field, but also have a graduate degree in theology, so I'm all up in the air. LOL. Just looking for a group of Tech folks who love Tech sports and want to chat about what they love. TBH, I'm tired of the negative culture of social media today and would really enjoy a positive, encouraging place to hang out where people respect each other's opinions even if they disagree. So far, this one has been good.
JMO, it's the best.

20ozBulldog

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello to all here on The Swarm. It is nice to be able to post on here. I hope everyone is well. Gt is having a nice season and I am prepared to give you guys some respect. You have earned it.

I used to post on The Hive years ago. Had a few clashes. Made some friends. Good banter back and forth.

Some of you may know this, but I am a Georgia fan. Got my Masters from UGA. I dominated the classroom in Athens. Total control. Professors and students. Got banned from downtown Athens. Things just come easy for me - physically and mentally. Innate.

Looking forward to the game Saturday. Dawgs are good, no doubt. But, contrary to what some say, they are not the team they were in 2021 and 2022. I can see things that most can’t. Nuances. Tendencies. The game within the game and not just surface stuff that most people are only capable of seeing. The game Saturday night in Atlanta concerns me.

Some know me, some don’t. Still lifting free weights (Bench 305) still got 16 inch guns, still 2,000 crunches a day. I never change. Father Time met his match with me. Still demanding respect. Lost a few friends through the years and that was heartbreaking. Tell your loved ones how much you love them. Daily.

Again, good to be able to post on here. I hope everyone is well.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Johnson_buzz

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello to all here on The Swarm. It is nice to be able to post on here. I hope everyone is well. Gt is having a nice season and I am prepared to give you guys some respect. You have earned it.

I used to post on The Hive years ago. Had a few clashes. Made some friends. Good banter back and forth.

Some of you may know this, but I am a Georgia fan. Got my Masters from UGA. I dominated the classroom in Athens. Total control. Professors and students. Got banned from downtown Athens. Things just come easy for me - physically and mentally. Innate.

Looking forward to the game Saturday. Dawgs are good, no doubt. But, contrary to what some say, they are not the team they were in 2021 and 2022. I can see things that most can’t. Nuances. Tendencies. The game within the game and not just surface stuff that most people are only capable of seeing. The game Saturday night in Atlanta concerns me.

Some know me, some don’t. Still lifting free weights (Bench 305) still got 16 inch guns, still 2,000 crunches a day. I never change. Father Time met his match with me. Still demanding respect. Lost a few friends through the years and that was heartbreaking. Tell your loved ones how much you love them. Daily.

Again, good to be able to post on here. I hope everyone is well.

What do you think the score will be? Night games in Bobby Dodd can be scary. IMO the SEC is down besides 2 or 3 teams, I think we score 15 to 24 on offense. I do think we play good defense much like last year but I do not think we can slow the mutts down enough this year maybe next. With that being said Ranked teams at night in Bobby Dodd struggle. If it is a one score game in the 4th I like our chances. What better way to renew a rivalry and energise our fanbase more than nocking off UgA.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hi I am Jackson.
I am from a small town in NorthWest Georgia and I currently attend Kennesaw State University. I graduate in 2027. I have been a Georgia Tech fan all my life and I am a huge fan. I hope to one day be able to transfer into Georgia Tech and be able to graduate from my favorite school.
Welcome aboard.

Buckle down and knock out the classwork, you can do it.

Belgian Buzz

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi I am Bernard. Born and raised in Belgium. Only watched soccer until I came to Georgia for a one-month exchange program when I was 15. Went to my first Braves game in the summer of 1986 (Fulton County stadium, Dale Murphy.... it was a long time ago....). I fell in love with the US and the city of Atlanta. Later I was an exchange student in CA for my senior year of high school. That's when I discovered football and basketball. Came back to Belgium and earned a degree in Aerospace Engineering. Finally came back to Atlanta in 1994 and had the prviliege to earn my MBA from Georgia Tech in 1996. I remember it was a good time for basketball. Football was atrocious in 1994 as we all know. Then came a coaching change and better results. Sounds familiar?

I left ATL after the Olympics and never had a chance to go back. But I always remained a faithful Jackets fan. I have been watching almost every FB game and a lot of BB games ever since - even when it's the middle of the night for me - although I must admit for the first time ever I quit before the end of the CIN game this week and went to bed at 2:30 am. I see that some of you have a hard time catching some of the games on tv, but it's even more difficult here in Europe. For several years, I was able to watch on the ESPN app, but they stopped providing the service in EU this year. I have been able to watch on Hulu since then - but they quickly picked up that I was using a VPN and I have been kicked out. The last game I will be able to watch is this weekend - kick off at 1:30 am :) . Hoping for a big upset! After that it will be a permanent black out :(.

Since 1996, I have only been able to attend 3 FB games in person - but they have all been W! The 2001 kick-off classic against Syracuse in the Meadowlands, just a couple of weeks before 9/11. Then the UConn game in 2002 - the last year they played in their campus stadium in Storrs - which was more like a high school stadium. I was also at the Dublin game in 2016 - and will be again next year.

On the current state of our programs, I will say that I am very happy with Brent Key and I believe he is the right man for the job. Does that mean we will be 15-0 next year? Probably not, but at least now I can enjoy watching the games again and feel proud about the team. Unfortunately I do not have the same optimism about our MBB program.

One last comment for those of you who might still be reading. Even though I only signed up to this forum today, I have been reading your posts for several years and have truly enjoyed them. We might not always have the same opinions, but we all share the same passion. We might not agree on what is the best color combination for the uniforms, but we all wear the same logo. And we always root for the good guys.

Go Jackets!

slugboy

Staff member
Hi I am Bernard. Born and raised in Belgium. Only watched soccer until I came to Georgia for a one-month exchange program when I was 15. Went to my first Braves game in the summer of 1986 (Fulton County stadium, Dale Murphy.... it was a long time ago....). I fell in love with the US and the city of Atlanta. Later I was an exchange student in CA for my senior year of high school. That's when I discovered football and basketball. Came back to Belgium and earned a degree in Aerospace Engineering. Finally came back to Atlanta in 1994 and had the prviliege to earn my MBA from Georgia Tech in 1996. I remember it was a good time for basketball. Football was atrocious in 1994 as we all know. Then came a coaching change and better results. Sounds familiar?

I left ATL after the Olympics and never had a chance to go back. But I always remained a faithful Jackets fan. I have been watching almost every FB game and a lot of BB games ever since - even when it's the middle of the night for me - although I must admit for the first time ever I quit before the end of the CIN game this week and went to bed at 2:30 am. I see that some of you have a hard time catching some of the games on tv, but it's even more difficult here in Europe. For several years, I was able to watch on the ESPN app, but they stopped providing the service in EU this year. I have been able to watch on Hulu since then - but they quickly picked up that I was using a VPN and I have been kicked out. The last game I will be able to watch is this weekend - kick off at 1:30 am :) . Hoping for a big upset! After that it will be a permanent black out :(.

Since 1996, I have only been able to attend 3 FB games in person - but they have all been W! The 2001 kick-off classic against Syracuse in the Meadowlands, just a couple of weeks before 9/11. Then the UConn game in 2002 - the last year they played in their campus stadium in Storrs - which was more like a high school stadium. I was also at the Dublin game in 2016 - and will be again next year.

On the current state of our programs, I will say that I am very happy with Brent Key and I believe he is the right man for the job. Does that mean we will be 15-0 next year? Probably not, but at least now I can enjoy watching the games again and feel proud about the team. Unfortunately I do not have the same optimism about our MBB program.

One last comment for those of you who might still be reading. Even though I only signed up to this forum today, I have been reading your posts for several years and have truly enjoyed them. We might not always have the same opinions, but we all share the same passion. We might not agree on what is the best color combination for the uniforms, but we all wear the same logo. And we always root for the good guys.

Go Jackets!
Welcome!

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey Everyone,

Been reading/following the site for a few years, and now finally joining in. Got out in 2014 (BME). I was in the Marching Band for all 4 years, which further instilled a deep loyalty and passion for all things GT (plus going to extra volleyball or bball games was always a great way to procrastinate schoolwork). Live out of state now, but try to get back for at least a couple games each year.

Go Jackets!