Introduce yourself

Sothron

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello,

I have been a fan of the NBA since 1979 when my Dad took me to the Omni to watch John Drew and "Fast" Eddie Johnson. A few years later he started taking me to see Mark Price and John Salley at GT. I have been a fan ever since all the way through Lethal Weapon 3, Stephon Marbury, Travis Best, James Forrest, Matt Harpring, boy I can keep naming 'em...

Needless to say I've been a long time fan of Atlanta basketball and all Georgia based team. Glad to be here, thank you for having an old timer like me around.

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
Hello GT Swarm,

I am new to this site. I am a GT Graduate (Class of 1967--Should have been 1966). So, I was
in school during the last four years of Dodd. The best games I attended while at Tech were the 1962 and 1964 Alabama games and the 1966 Tennesse game. I have been a season ticket holder
for 22 years during the years of Rodgers, Curry plus a couple of years with Ross. Later, I was a season ticket holder during 8 years of the Johnson era. I have some history with Tech!

Larry

Last edited:

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Hello GT Swarm,

I am new to this site. I am a GT Graduate (Class of 1967--Should have been 1966). So, I was
in school during the last four years of Dodd. The best games I attended while at Tech were the 1962 and 1964 Alabama games and the 1966 Tennesse game. I have been a season ticket holder
for 22 years during the years of Rodgers, Curry plus a couple of years with Ross. Later, I was a season ticket holder during 8 years of the Johnson era. I have some history with Tech!

Larry
Welcome to GT Swarm!

Look forward to seeing some of your insight.

LT 1967

Jolly Good Fellow
Hello GT Swarm,

Larry

Welcome to GT Swarm!

Look forward to seeing some of your insight.

Thanks for your Welcome to the Swarm! Larry

nod

Ramblin' Wreck
I am a diehard Jacket fan since 1973. Our family loves all GT sports, but football is our first passion. We are very excited about the termination and recent hiring of Coach Key, and we look forward to much improvement in 2023.

Thanks so much for the invite, and I look forward to the conversations.
Welcome, been a fan myself since early 70’s childhood. Also fired up for Coach Key. Don’t know enough if he’s the answer, but really liked the tone he set last year and was so fired up when he was rewarded with the job.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I am a diehard Jacket fan since 1973. Our family loves all GT sports, but football is our first passion. We are very excited about the termination and recent hiring of Coach Key, and we look forward to much improvement in 2023.

So did your Dad graduate in the mid fifties?

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer

Welcome! I'm a MUCH younger fan than you are (as I'm currently in HIGH SCHOOL) but I have the same passion and love for Tech! I'm excited for the future!

Blacksmith

Georgia Tech Fan
Long time reader of the board. Just decided to start posting. I have been a fan of Georgia Tech since my family moved from West Virginia to Forest Park back in 1977. Spent the next 12 years going to multiple schools in the Atlanta area. While I was a Tech fan, I did not have the grades to attend as a student. I ended up going to Tennessee as it is the native state for my family. But Tech stuck with me and I would keep my eye on what Coach Ross was doing while I was double majoring in History and Alcohol Studies in Knoxville.

College football is my favorite sport and Tennessee is and remains family. But the concept I love the most about the sport is its almost unique ability to positively impact the futures of many of those who play it. The most important continuity of the game in my opinion is its ability to change the lives of many of the kids who play it beyond the football field. In the age of NIL and multiple-transfer opportunities, I am not at all certain programs, including that of my alma mater, will not go the UNC or (the far less- offensive) Harbaugh route and ignore entirely the benefits of a quality education in pursuit of the glories of what may well become AAA minor league football.

With that in mind, my modest donations go to the A-T Fund. Whether the coach is Heisman, Alexander, Dodd, or Mr. Key, The Institute does not forget the educational side of things. Even in this age, there is tremendous value there for the coach who understands it and can use it to build a program.

slugboy

Staff member
Long time reader of the board. Just decided to start posting. I have been a fan of Georgia Tech since my family moved from West Virginia to Forest Park back in 1977. Spent the next 12 years going to multiple schools in the Atlanta area. While I was a Tech fan, I did not have the grades to attend as a student. I ended up going to Tennessee as it is the native state for my family. But Tech stuck with me and I would keep my eye on what Coach Ross was doing while I was double majoring in History and Alcohol Studies in Knoxville.

College football is my favorite sport and Tennessee is and remains family. But the concept I love the most about the sport is its almost unique ability to positively impact the futures of many of those who play it. The most important continuity of the game in my opinion is its ability to change the lives of many of the kids who play it beyond the football field. In the age of NIL and multiple-transfer opportunities, I am not at all certain programs, including that of my alma mater, will not go the UNC or (the far less- offensive) Harbaugh route and ignore entirely the benefits of a quality education in pursuit of the glories of what may well become AAA minor league football.

With that in mind, my modest donations go to the A-T Fund. Whether the coach is Heisman, Alexander, Dodd, or Mr. Key, The Institute does not forget the educational side of things. Even in this age, there is tremendous value there for the coach who understands it and can use it to build a program.
Welcome aboard!
I’m glad you got through alcohol studies safely

GeorgiaTex

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello From Texas,
I was a long time season ticket holder when I lived in Georgia. When I was a kid, attended as a boy scout usher. Also the company my Dad worked for maintained the score board at Grant Field. We would get sideline passes to the games.

Attachments

• IMG-8398 - Copy.jpg
    IMG-8398 - Copy.jpg
    858.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG-8398.jpg
    IMG-8398.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 26

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Hello From Texas,
I was a long time season ticket holder when I lived in Georgia. When I was a kid, attended as a boy scout usher. Also the company my Dad worked for maintained the score board at Grant Field. We would get sideline passes to the games.
I was at all four of those games. You’re making me feel old. Because I am. Lol.
Great to have you join us!!!!

yellowfellow

Georgia Tech Fan
How's it going everyone! Long time reader of these baords just kept missing open registration. Been a fan of GT sports since I was a kid. I remember them winning the national championship in 1990, I've been hooked ever since. Im actually a fan of all their sports. I remember Kenny Anderson play basketball for GT. It seems like Everytime we have a good opportunity to win the big one something always seems to go wrong. You gotta be pretty thick skinned to be a fan in of this team in the State of Georgia. I can't stand the Dwags, but one thing I don't like to hear is fans say I'd rather lose every game as long as we beat Georgia. I believe every win is important. Thanks for allowing me to join.

Pappa P

Georgia Tech Fan
I’m Paul … Econ ‘88 … joined after reading The Swarm for years. My wife (Mgt ‘88) have season tickets to FB, MBB, and VB. Wife was on first conference VB team for Tech. Just retired with over 33 years at the railroad. Have three wonderful grown children. Enjoy outdoors - fly fishing, camping, hiking. One of our best memories was the 1990 Citrus Bowl win against Nebraska. But win or lose - we fully support our student athletes. Go Jackets and THWG!

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
For me this is a re-introduction, been away for a couple of years. Had some health issues, I retired and we relocated back to the southeast. Now live in Fernandina Beach, Florida just north of Jacksonville. Went up to Atlanta last weekend to watch the Jackets live for the first time in about 12 years. Regardless of the outcome I'm optimistic for this regime and very glad to be back !!

gojacketsgo

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello all. I've been a Tech sidewalk fan since a trip to Atlanta to visit family in 1982. Watching coach Cremins, Mark Price and the gang that year hooked me for life. A game that was one of my favorites to attend was seeing Iman Shumpert's triple double against VT in 2011. Looking forward to Damon's first season and a hopeful return to national prominence for the Jackets!