Introduce yourself

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I joined the site yesterday. I used to write for Tech sports blog a few years ago but life and work got too busy and I have become more of a passive observer in recent years. I do not like paying for subscriptions to find out about recruiting and it not mainly about the money. Also some of the places I visit for Tech news have a depressing level of trolling. Sports are a diversion for me, not a place to get angry or lose perspective.

I have been a Tech fan since I was in grade school. Bobby Dodd was in his last years but Tech was still the only game in town. Big time pro teams had not arrived and it seemed that all of Atlanta pulled for the Jackets or for Atlanta Crackers in baseball. I have a few family connections to Tech including a former professor. Most in my immediate family, including myself, went to Emory for professional reasons. We pulled for Tech because academic integrity was part of the athletic ideal at both Emory and Tech, but only Tech played football.

I moved to New England about six years ago and continue to enjoy what to me is one of the most beautiful areas of the country. I maintain a house in the mountains of North Georgia and return to the state about twice a year for business and family.

I have followed fewer and fewer sports as I have gotten older due to more important priorities but I have never stopped following the Jackets. As some others have stated, I believe Coach Paul Johnson is a good coach and a good fit for Tech. Tech has special recruiting challenges that other schools do not face. In a time when some schools just pretend their players are students, CPJ has actually figured out how to balance these while steadily improving Tech's recruiting. And I love the Flex Bone.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
I joined the site yesterday. I used to write for Tech sports blog a few years ago but life and work got too busy and I have become more of a passive observer in recent years. I do not like paying for subscriptions to find out about recruiting and it not mainly about the money. Also some of the places I visit for Tech news have a depressing level of trolling. Sports are a diversion for me, not a place to get angry or lose perspective.

I have been a Tech fan since I was in grade school. Bobby Dodd was in his last years but Tech was still the only game in town. Big time pro teams had not arrived and it seemed that all of Atlanta pulled for the Jackets or for Atlanta Crackers in baseball. I have a few family connections to Tech including a former professor. Most in my immediate family, including myself, went to Emory for professional reasons. We pulled for Tech because academic integrity was part of the athletic ideal at both Emory and Tech, but only Tech played football.

I moved to New England about six years ago and continue to enjoy what to me is one of the most beautiful areas of the country. I maintain a house in the mountains of North Georgia and return to the state about twice a year for business and family.

I have followed fewer and fewer sports as I have gotten older due to more important priorities but I have never stopped following the Jackets. As some others have stated, I believe Coach Paul Johnson is a good coach and a good fit for Tech. Tech has special recruiting challenges that other schools do not face. In a time when some schools just pretend their players are students, CPJ has actually figured out how to balance these while steadily improving Tech's recruiting. And I love the Flex Bone.
Welcome to GTSwarm! Out of curiosity, which Tech sports blog did you used to write for?

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow

Except for you being younger, you almost sound like a clone of me. We share many of the same interests and sentiments. Welcome!!

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Would've introduced myself earlier but just seen this

Im Russell 26 yrs old been im a sidewalk fan but have been a huge Tech fan since the late 90s when I started watching football. Live in a small town outside of Augusta, played football and golf in high school. Love hunting, fishing, and college football. Recently got engaged and getting married next summer. I work at a new production factory as an operator. Went to Augusta State(GRU) for a year was planning on being a football coach, but lost HOPE and had to go to work lol. Love this site

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Welcome GTonTop88!
Don't give up on school and go part time if you can. Time will pass rather you work and go to school or just work. You're young so give yourself the best opportunity you can.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Welcome. I am new too but it already feels like home.
By the way I used to live outside of Augusta years ago. Where is the small town of which you speak?

Great advice about not giving up on school. I worked and went to school off and on for several years. Finally ended up with a masters.

Still not sure what to do with my life but life gets better and better. :)

TechnicalPossum

Ramblin' Wreck
Graduated from Tech in 2009 in civil engineering. Living in South Carolina building bridges. Didn't grow up a Tech fan, but after 4 years there, there was no other option. Follow the football and baseball teams with a glance at the basketball.

Best Tech game I ever went to : Sitting in the rain in the 600 level in Athens for 45-42. The third quarter in particular.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Danny Daniel- 67 Engineering grad. Big Bobby Dodd fan. We left Tech about the same time. Coached kids for 25 seasons. Like CPJ and have emphathy for some of his challenges. Like Xs and Os but really like the recruiting info, depth chart, player and walk-on progress and development. Have frustration with lack of info on injury status and practice details but understand the reasons. Enjoy the football discussions and detest the immature personal attacks and sniping. Appreciate the hard work by the Swarm staff. All my inlaws are Dawg grads or fans so my daughter, a Tech grad, and I hold down the fort.

bigtechfan67

Jolly Good Fellow
Just realized this was here. Well my name is be abd I am 6'7". I walked on and played football at GA southern, in fact I was there pj last year, I've always been a tech fan and gone to games as a child, so when my old coach came here I was excited. I am from the south side of Atlanta so dodd is right down the way compared to the other school. One of my good friends through high school and college is k.Fox. I played football and basketball in high school as well. I also played aau basketball for the ga Trojans out of burdet gym in college park ga.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Hello I'm Luke Fletcher, or as everyone calls me in the USAF "Fletch"

I have been a Tech fan since I was in middle school thanks to TBS, got hooked 1989 and 1990...I am enlisted in the US Air Force as civil engineering professional. I am looking to retire and transition to civilian life soon. Married for 13 years, 3 kids, 1 daughter 2 boys ( My two sons are future Jackets) My wife is an elementary school teacher and I plan on doing the troops to teachers and trying my hand at coaching once I am in education.. Go Jackets!!!!!!!

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
Hello I'm Luke Fletcher, or as everyone calls me in the USAF "Fletch"

I have been a Tech fan since I was in middle school thanks to TBS, got hooked 1989 and 1990...I am enlisted in the US Air Force as civil engineering professional. I am looking to retire and transition to civilian life soon. Married for 13 years, 3 kids, 1 daughter 2 boys ( My two sons are future Jackets) My wife is an elementary school teacher and I plan on doing the troops to teachers and trying my hand at coaching once I am in education.. Go Jackets!!!!!!!
Thank you for your service in the USAF and welcome to the Swarm!!