Introduce yourself

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I live near Gettysburg PA and am the proud father of a first year AE Tech student. My wife and I have since become big Tech fans and have watched on TV or listened to every football and basketball game this year. I joined this site because it looks like a really good place to follow recruiting and learn more about the current players and some of the history of Tech sports.
Welcome aboard.

Mihalak

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey everyone, I'm Matt. Long time lurker here and I finally joined. Die hard tech fan for all my life (37). I work as a Deputy Sheriff, have a wife and two crazy children, play guitar, and probably enjoy Dave Matthews Band way more than most would call normal!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hey everyone, I'm Matt. Long time lurker here and I finally joined. Die hard tech fan for all my life (37). I work as a Deputy Sheriff, have a wife and two crazy children, play guitar, and probably enjoy Dave Matthews Band way more than most would call normal!
Welcome aboard! Be safe during the holiday season.

lilwrangler

Georgia Tech Fan
Sup, gang. I guess I fall into the category of t-shirt fan. I know, I know. My best friend in high school (best man too!) used to do his Calculus homework on the steering wheel of his truck in the mall parking lot before the tardy bell rang every morning. Dude was (and still is) a mathematical freak, imo. Anyway, he went to Tech after graduation ('92) and lasted all of a year before working full time and carrying a full load caused burnout. We were already fans but him getting accepted and actually attending for even that short time was awesome. Can't remember my first home game (Duke maybe?) but I was there at the Citrus Bowl when Tech clobbered Nebraska to win the Natty! Still remember the huge banner someone made of Bart Simpson asking, "What the hell is a Husker?"

Still believe in CPJ. But understand if others are ready to move on. Glad to be here and look forward to the discussion.

Oh yeah and TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Sup, gang. I guess I fall into the category of t-shirt fan. I know, I know. My best friend in high school (best man too!) used to do his Calculus homework on the steering wheel of his truck in the mall parking lot before the tardy bell rang every morning. Dude was (and still is) a mathematical freak, imo. Anyway, he went to Tech after graduation ('92) and lasted all of a year before working full time and carrying a full load caused burnout. We were already fans but him getting accepted and actually attending for even that short time was awesome. Can't remember my first home game (Duke maybe?) but I was there at the Citrus Bowl when Tech clobbered Nebraska to win the Natty! Still remember the huge banner someone made of Bart Simpson asking, "What the hell is a Husker?"

Still believe in CPJ. But understand if others are ready to move on. Glad to be here and look forward to the discussion.

Oh yeah and TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!
Welcome aboard!

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Hello everyone. I am a two time graduate of Tech (BSIE in 96 and MBA in 2017) and a die hard yellow jacket fan. I have season tickets to football, basketball, and baseball. Have worked 20 years in the supply chain arena in various functions including BPR, technology deployment, operations management and continuous improvement, and strategic consulting. Currently work for planning software company. As my font suggests, I was in the Marines (during the first gulf war). Looking forward to some lively discussions and making some new friends.

Mike P.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Hello everyone. I am a two time graduate of Tech (BSIE in 96 and MBA in 2017) and a die hard yellow jacket fan. I have season tickets to football, basketball, and baseball. Have worked 20 years in the supply chain arena in various functions including BPR, technology deployment, operations management and continuous improvement, and strategic consulting. Currently work for planning software company. As my font suggests, I was in the Marines (during the first gulf war). Looking forward to some lively discussions and making some new friends.

Mike P.
Welcome aboard!

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow

Mike P.
Thank you for your service and welcome!!

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer

Mike P.
Nice to see familiar poasters coming over. You will see a few fonts you recognize. Congrats on getting your MBA.

Maxxwil

Georgia Tech Fan
Hey everyone, 19 y/o sidewalk fan here I guess haha. I've been a tech fan since I was 12. I wanted to be an engineer when I was little and my mom told me about Georgia Tech, naturally I became a fan of their sports as well. Sadly I didn't have the grades for tech but I am considering a transfer after my core classes are done. I attended my first football game last year against Pittsburgh and I plan on buying the flex pack this year and season tickets next year. I love running the flexbone in NCAA Football 2014. People online were so confused/mad/supportive about it.

TO HELL WITH georgia

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Hey everyone, 19 y/o sidewalk fan here I guess haha. I've been a tech fan since I was 12. I wanted to be an engineer when I was little and my mom told me about Georgia Tech, naturally I became a fan of their sports as well. Sadly I didn't have the grades for tech but I am considering a transfer after my core classes are done. I attended my first football game last year against Pittsburgh and I plan on buying the flex pack this year and season tickets next year. I love running the flexbone in NCAA Football 2014. People online were so confused/mad/supportive about it.

TO HELL WITH georgia
Welcome to the forums! What school you currently at? If it's Kennesaw St you should be all about their team as well.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

TO HELL WITH georgia
@maxxwil Welcome aboard

Buckle down and knock out those classes. Shoot for your dream. Regardless if you get into GT or not keep on pulling for GT.

Thank you for choosing to pull for the Jackets!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

TO HELL WITH georgia
Welcome aboard.

Bluejacket57

Georgia Tech Fan
Hi All, I am old guy from Gainesville moved to Toccoa former teacher grew up GT I was recruited by Kim King and Taz Anderson to help GT recruit in Stephens County those were the really old days I help send 11 players to GT 2 who would become 1st team all-americans. Friends with Bobby Ross best coach I have ever been around (except he was a restless dude). Live in Johns Creek now still working I sell printing. 39 year season football ticket holder Life Member AT Fund and the Bluejacket57 is odd but "defense wins championships offense is for show" reason for name and 57 is my lucky number.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Hi All, I am old guy from Gainesville moved to Toccoa former teacher grew up GT I was recruited by Kim King and Taz Anderson to help GT recruit in Stephens County those were the really old days I help send 11 players to GT 2 who would become 1st team all-americans. Friends with Bobby Ross best coach I have ever been around (except he was a restless dude). Live in Johns Creek now still working I sell printing. 39 year season football ticket holder Life Member AT Fund and the Bluejacket57 is odd but "defense wins championships offense is for show" reason for name and 57 is my lucky number.
Glad you found the board!

One question though. How do you feel about Blue Jerseys? :ROFLMAO:

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Welcome aboard!