Introduce yourself

Hjacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Just joined. Not an Alum but a fan since 1958 when I was 10. GT was the hot ticket in ATL back then. Tulane alum but GT fan even when they play each other. Been both FB and BB season ticket holder forever. Been to 20 of the last 22 ACC tourneys. Biggest thrills: 2004 in San Antonio against OK State and 1990 Football season.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Just joined. Not an Alum but a fan since 1958 when I was 10. GT was the hot ticket in ATL back then. Tulane alum but GT fan even when they play each other. Been both FB and BB season ticket holder forever. Been to 20 of the last 22 ACC tourneys. Biggest thrills: 2004 in San Antonio against OK State and 1990 Football season.

Welcome!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Welcome aboard!

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I'm really glad to have your perspective. I hope you post often and don't let @John or others silence you. Welcome.

GTJon

Jolly Good Fellow
Just joined and wanted to introduce myself. GT graduate in 1999 so original memories are of O'Leary and Bobby Cremins. Season ticket holder in football since then. Passionate about all GT sports, especially football, basketball, and baseball. Have lurked here for a while because it has the best GT Baseball talk anywhere on the internet and finally joined.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Just joined and wanted to introduce myself. GT graduate in 1999 so original memories are of O'Leary and Bobby Cremins. Season ticket holder in football since then. Passionate about all GT sports, especially football, basketball, and baseball. Have lurked here for a while because it has the best GT Baseball talk anywhere on the internet and finally joined.
Welcome aboard!

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
GTRambler joining here now, coming over from The Hive. Lifelong GT fan, non-alum. BA Berry College 1971, M.Ed. UGA 1975. Retired from U.S. Department of the Interior, National Park Service and US Fish and Wildlife Service. (Don’t let my UGA degree fool you — I’m THWG all the way!) Very glad to join here to discuss GT sports with all my fellow Jackets!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
GTRambler joining here now, coming over from The Hive. Lifelong GT fan, non-alum. BA Berry College 1971, M.Ed. UGA 1975. Retired from U.S. Department of the Interior, National Park Service and US Fish and Wildlife Service. (Don’t let my UGA degree fool you — I’m THWG all the way!) Very glad to join here to discuss GT sports with all my fellow Jackets!
Welcome aboard!

AKABuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
Hello everyone. My name is Steve and I am known on this and other boards as AKABuzz. My wife and I live in south Forsyth county in the John’s Creek area. I got out of Tech in 1978 with my BNE and am a first generation Tech man. I have two grown children. My son and daughter-in-law are both Tech grads and my daughter-in-law is expecting our first grandchild later this month. My wife, daughter, and son-in-law are all dawgs. So, we truly are a house divided.

I grew up in Dekalb county and went to Columbia Elementary and Columbia High. Growing up, I never had any strong allegiance to any school but I do remember listening to Al Ciraldo call GT games on the radio. Names like Rock Perdoni and Peanut Murphy stuck with me. No one in my family had ever gone to college before, so picking a college was something new. My dad had ushered at Bobby Dodd as a kid/teen and we had attended some of the freshmen JV games vs UGA on Thanksgiving, so those were my only ties to any school. In high school, I had no idea of what I wanted to be or where I wanted to go. I narrowed it down to going to UGA and journalism school, or going to Tech and becoming an engineer. After looking at starting salaries, it was a no brainer. I was going to Tech. It made my parents happy as I could continue to live at home and work with my Dad while going to college.

I had no idea what kind of engineer I wanted to be. After looking at all of the majors, I finally decided I would choose, what to me seemed to be the hardest major, Nuclear Engineering. I figured if I couldn’t cut it in NE, I could always change to another major (no offense meant to others with different majors. Just relating my mindset at 17 years old.) However, after getting to Tech, I found NE fascinating. I have had a great career working on everything from nuclear submarines, nuclear reactors, to clean up technologies from Chernobyl. It has been a while since I’ve done any Engineering, as I’ve transitioned over to Sales/Business Development and Project Management. I have had my PMP since 2005. I get great enjoyment from making a successful sale, or completing a successful project. After a recent long term health issue, I find myself looking for my next opportunity. So, if anyone has a new opportunity, hit me up.

As for GT sports, my first actual Tech game was in September, 1974. It was Pepper Rodgers first game as GT’s coach. It was a nationally televised game against Notre Dame. We lost that night, but I was hooked. The pageantry, the excitement, Rats on the field, it was also exhilarating. I was hooked. I can’t say I went to all the home GT games while at Tech, after all I was balancing school, work and a girlfriend in Athens, but I probably went to90% of them. Went to a few basketball games and watched Brooke Steppe and Tico Brown.

We have had season football tix for most seasons since 1982 and a few seasons of basketball here and there. My favorite football games were in 1990. First, there was Shawn Jones and The Run against Clemson. Later, it was the Citrus Bowl and the national championship. I was at both and can’t ever remember being so happy. My favorite GT football player was Lucius Sanford. My favorite GT basketball player was Bruce Dalrymple.

Anyway, didn’t mean to write so much. It is just fun remembering all the good times. I am appreciative for this board and all the memories/info of all things Tech. SWMBO and I tailgate in the East Lot, so come by and say “Hi” and grab whatever we have out on the table.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Hello everyone. My name is Steve and I am known on this and other boards as AKABuzz. My wife and I live in south Forsyth county in the John’s Creek area. I got out of Tech in 1978 with my BNE and am a first generation Tech man. I have two grown children. My son and daughter-in-law are both Tech grads and my daughter-in-law is expecting our first grandchild later this month. My wife, daughter, and son-in-law are all dawgs. So, we truly are a house divided.

I grew up in Dekalb county and went to Columbia Elementary and Columbia High. Growing up, I never had any strong allegiance to any school but I do remember listening to Al Ciraldo call GT games on the radio. Names like Rock Perdoni and Peanut Murphy stuck with me. No one in my family had ever gone to college before, so picking a college was something new. My dad had ushered at Bobby Dodd as a kid/teen and we had attended some of the freshmen JV games vs UGA on Thanksgiving, so those were my only ties to any school. In high school, I had no idea of what I wanted to be or where I wanted to go. I narrowed it down to going to UGA and journalism school, or going to Tech and becoming an engineer. After looking at starting salaries, it was a no brainer. I was going to Tech. It made my parents happy as I could continue to live at home and work with my Dad while going to college.

I had no idea what kind of engineer I wanted to be. After looking at all of the majors, I finally decided I would choose, what to me seemed to be the hardest major, Nuclear Engineering. I figured if I couldn’t cut it in NE, I could always change to another major (no offense meant to others with different majors. Just relating my mindset at 17 years old.) However, after getting to Tech, I found NE fascinating. I have had a great career working on everything from nuclear submarines, nuclear reactors, to clean up technologies from Chernobyl. It has been a while since I’ve done any Engineering, as I’ve transitioned over to Sales/Business Development and Project Management. I have had my PMP since 2005. I get great enjoyment from making a successful sale, or completing a successful project. After a recent long term health issue, I find myself looking for my next opportunity. So, if anyone has a new opportunity, hit me up.

As for GT sports, my first actual Tech game was in September, 1974. It was Pepper Rodgers first game as GT’s coach. It was a nationally televised game against Notre Dame. We lost that night, but I was hooked. The pageantry, the excitement, Rats on the field, it was also exhilarating. I was hooked. I can’t say I went to all the home GT games while at Tech, after all I was balancing school, work and a girlfriend in Athens, but I probably went to90% of them. Went to a few basketball games and watched Brooke Steppe and Tico Brown.

We have had season football tix for most seasons since 1982 and a few seasons of basketball here and there. My favorite football games were in 1990. First, there was Shawn Jones and The Run against Clemson. Later, it was the Citrus Bowl and the national championship. I was at both and can’t ever remember being so happy. My favorite GT football player was Lucius Sanford. My favorite GT basketball player was Bruce Dalrymple.

Anyway, didn’t mean to write so much. It is just fun remembering all the good times. I am appreciative for this board and all the memories/info of all things Tech. SWMBO and I tailgate in the East Lot, so come by and say “Hi” and grab whatever we have out on the table.

Steve welcome to the BEST Tech board on the web!!!!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Welcome aboard!

remi55

Georgia Tech Fan
hi I am lithuanian basketball fan living in UK.sorry for my English in advance not perfect, i just red IGNAS SARGIUNAS have verbal agreement with GEORGIA TECH .