Introduce yourself

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
Hello all, I just want to introduce myself. I have been reading these forums for quite a while now but I have just now got around to getting into things. I am called young sting because I am only at the ripe old age of 19. But I can assure you I have been instilled of the tech fandom, and I have been to many of huge great Georgia Tech athletic moments; the many upsets over Clemson over the years, the greatness of Calvin Johnson and bebe Thomas, I can even faintly remember getting to watch the goose and Joe Hamilton, I was there for the road to the final four in basketball, I was on the court (as an Aaron's ball boy) when tech stormed the court after beating Chris Paul's wake Forrest, I was there to be amazed by all the dunks that were done in the thriller dome, and then to get into baseball and all the great accomplishments that Danny Hall has had over the years. And i have also been around to those games where it didn't go our way, but call me being young and naive but I can say that I think we have great things to come.

I got this tech spirit from my father, who I'm sure most of y'all would remember talking to him on the old tech forums. He would have season tickets to the football, basketball, and baseball games. And it didn't matter if we knew we were going to be blowing the other team out of the water or it was going to be a shoot out, we were going to be at that game cheering on our team.

So there's my grand entrance, I hope to be able to talk to everyone more about the great future of Tech athletics.

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey everyone, my name is Brandon. I'm 26 years old, got my bachelors from University of Texas at San Antonio (utsa) which just got a football program 3 years ago and is doing extremely well for a young program. Originally from Atlanta lived here most of my life, took a baseball scholarship to college but plAyed 3 sports in HS (football, basketball and bAseball) dad coached me from age 5 to school ball, was hard on me but made me great at sports, he also started taking me to Tech games when I was 5 and I loved it, been a diehard fan ever since, I typically know more about tech athletics than anyone I know, my fAmily is 90% mutt fans outside of me, my dad and one of my brothers (who I converted, you guys are welcome) recently moved back to Atlanta and work in mgt but always looking for a better job, if anyone works for a company that is hiring in Atlanta and doesn't mind getting my foot in the door I would appreciate it! I am engaged with no kids. When I post it typically has substance to it because I am passionate about sports (tech and atl sports In general) have lurked other boards for a long time and occasionally commented on gt sports talk, but this board is awesome and love what Eric and guys do here! Look forward to seeing you guys at games this fall!

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow, cant believe I missed this thread when I joined.
My name is Brent, im 35 years old.
I grew up a 3rd generation Tech fan. Started going to baseball camps at Tech after Danny Hall took over in '93?? or so.. Had high aspirations to play baseball for the Jackets but did not have the grades unfortunately. Won the MVP of the my age group at the time (15) in summer of '94 at the Tech baseball camp. Played baseball and football at Stephens County High School (same place as Ken Swilling, Pat Swilling, Brad Chambers-actually played football and baseball with Brad) Made AAA all state baseball all star team in 1996 (also on that team a couple people im sure that you have heard of Quincy Carter, Patrick Pass, and MLB pitcher Jake Westbrook). Played Juco at Truett McConnell College. I work for Duke Energy in their Nuclear Power Plants throughout North and South Carolina. My first Tech game was the Citrus bowl in 90'. Normally I make it to between 3 and 5 Tech games a year. Best Tech game I have been to has to be FSU 08' but the Clemson game in 11' was a close 2nd. I love the triple option, thats what I grew up playing. Ive been married nearly 4 years with no kids. When im not working, going to Tech games or on a message board you can normally find me in the gym. I workout 5-6 days per week. Fun fact-everywhere I go people ask me if im Tim Tebow! LOL

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Alaguy: Great credential, the most famous of all of Tech's players. Most all of Tech students, players, and fans have heard of Clint Castleberry, John Heisman, and Bobby Dodd.

kumajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
My names is james. I have been a Tech fan since 1958. i am a retired educator and a Vietnam veteran. My daughter is a 2004 graduate of Tech. My favorite players are the late Billy Lothridge and kim King. I will always hate things red and black.

bat_082994

Ramblin' Wreck
My names is james. I have been a Tech fan since 1958. i am a retired educator and a Vietnam veteran. My daughter is a 2004 graduate of Tech. My favorite players are the late Billy Lothridge and kim King. I will always hate things red and black.
First and foremost, thank you for serving our country and for helping educate our youth! God bless you for all of that! Also welcome to GTSwarm. Its good to have you aboard

GoldinWhite

Georgia Tech Fan
My name is brian, attended Tech in 78-79, never graduated(big mistake)...loved the Jackets then, love them now. Have been a "lurker" since this board started. Really enjoy the insights. THWG, Can't get enough of Tech..love FB, BaskB, BaseB, Golf. Looking forward to the future of FB at Tech..Think we got some very Hi-Grade clay to mold in this years recruiting class. THWG...love all the posts and look forward to reading daily..BIG thanks to Eric...Awesome job, son

GoldinWhite

Georgia Tech Fan
BTW, quick remembrence of my time at Tech....Psych class, 78...Kent Hill comes in and commandeers 3 desks...one to sit in, and 2 to drape his arms on. One of the biggest men I've ever seen...

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Hi, my name is Redmule, and I'm a Techaholic.

I grew up in the country near a small town in east Georgia in the early 50's. My folks had been farmers for generations, but stopped when I was very young. They sold all the mules (tractors were still a luxury then) except one, a big red one. She was a fantastic creature: beautiful, gentle, dignified, strong, and a great pet for a young boy. Only good thing I've ever known that was RED.

First Tech man in my family (IE '77). Grandpa taught me the words to Ramblin Wreck when I was about 5. He had worked in Atlanta with his brother in the 20's and knew some Tech guys where he learned the song, I guess. Began following Tech in earnest in the early 60's. I Grew up loving math and science and hating the in-crowd clique of uga fans in high school. Went to a small college for two years, met my wife (huge Tech fan also, going on 40 years married), and was drafted into the Army. Stationed in Germany, came home, got married and went to Tech.

After getting out, I went to work with a chemical company. Worked in Engineering, Maintenance, Quality Control, Warehousing, Operations, and finally Computers. I always joked that they kept trying to find a job I could do. Not a Computer nerd, but I knew how to manage them, which meant getting them to apply their prodigious talents to business problems, and getting the money from Corporate to fund their solutions. Wound up managing the Computer Technology groups in all the plants spread across the US and 5 other countries. Retired to Florida a dozen years ago.

Went to my first Tech game in 1975 ( we beat Miami). Made every home game as a student. Been a football season ticket holder since 1984. I've missed three home games in that time (illness and a niece's wedding). On the road, I've been to Clemson, WF, Duke, UNC, NC State, Auburn, UT, Notre Dame, Kansas, Tulane, USC east, Vandy, BYU, FSU, two championship games, many of the bowls, uga in '76 & '78 and I haven't set foot in athens for any reason since then.

I was a basketball season ticket holder from 1983 till 2008 when Hewitt finally made me puke up my tickets. I don't know if I've ever enjoyed anything as much as I did the Cremins years at Tech from '83-'96. I thank God I was alive and in a place where I could attend most of the games. What a run and what great players I got to see.

I look forward to posting and reading.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
MidtownJacket - PubP '07 (yeah I know not eng but I drink my fair share of whiskey)
Fan of all things GT - especially Football and BasketBall
Believe in the system CPJ has, as well as him as a coach - looking forward to CTR in year 2
Happy to post and read here in addition to StingTalk - and seeing more positive things about CPJ and CBG

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
dtm - Got out in 1997 with a liberal arts degree after spending 2.5 years in the front row of every GT Men's Hoops home game.

Care about GT sports broadly, but GT Hoops is my passion. My hatred of Duke basketball far outstrips anything else I dislike on this planet, including, even UGA football.

I like CBG and am willing to take a long view on how things progress, but I'm also realistic on where we need to be and when.

Looking forward to being around here more often, as it appears the folks here are honest about the current state of GT athletics, while being rational & fair in their criticism.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
dtm - Got out in 1997 with a liberal arts degree after spending 2.5 years in the front row of every GT Men's Hoops home game.

Care about GT sports broadly, but GT Hoops is my passion. My hatred of Duke basketball far outstrips anything else I dislike on this planet, including, even UGA football.

I like CBG and am willing to take a long view on how things progress, but I'm also realistic on where we need to be and when.

Looking forward to being around here more often, as it appears the folks here are honest about the current state of GT athletics, while being rational & fair in their criticism.

If you hate Duke, the sparks should be flying Tuesday.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
dtm1997: I don't hate Duke, but I do like it when we can beat them. One of the funniest things I have remembered about our fans, is calling Coach K "Rat Face". Again, I like Coach K and realize he is a great coach. My wife hates sports, and one day I was watching a Duke game on TV. She came into the den, and I happen to think of the aka for Coach K. I told my wife what the Tech fans called him, and pointed him out to her when the chance arrived. She laughed, and said, "Well it does seem to fit".

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

You had me at "my hatred of Duke basketball ..." Respect them for what they've done, but loathe them still the same.

Welcome to the board. Be sure to drag some more GT bball fans with you.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I've been lurking for a little over 6 months now, so I figured I'd introduce myself. I am a 3rd year current student studying BME and set to graduate in a year, maybe earlier. I didn't get into Georgia Tech football or basketball until I got here, but I had always somewhat followed the tennis team. Speaking of which, we are actually doing rather well this year with our only loss so far being 4-3 to Auburn. I recognize a lot of the players on our team from when I used to play tournaments and I've been really impressed with our play. I'll try my best to attend games and give updates in the 'Other Georgia Tech Sports' section if people are interested. I've become a pretty dedicated fan of all the sports here for the most part (everything but football is free to attend for students, so no reason not to) and I've checked in on this forum every day for the last few months for updates. I've never really been involved in the forum scene before and I'm happy I landed on this community.

In regards to football, I've attended every home game since my freshman year and 2011's win over Clemson is probably my favorite experience. Strange thing is that I wasn't aware of GT's recent football history and didn't think of that as a big deal at the time. I thought starting 6-0 and beating top 10 teams was a regular thing for us, now I've come to appreciate it a bit more. I love the discussions on this site and have found that the recruiting process has become the most fun and interesting part to me. Thank you to everyone who provides updates in that regard. Basketball is a similar situation in that I've gone to most home games for the last two years. Supposedly I'm blessed to not have any recollection of the Hewitt years and I'm hoping that CBG can put things together soon.

With what seems like the majority of the vocal members on this site being people who have already graduated, hopefully I can provide some insight on how current Tech students perceive the athletic programs. Go jackets!

DCSS

Ramblin' Wreck
BME '94

Was a student at Tech in 1990. Football National Champions and basketball Final Four. It was a magical time for GT athletics.

DCSS (DressCheeseSideSeaboard)

Animal02

Banned
Paul here,
Late finding this thread as well......cheese introduced me to the site after another one folded......and it is a welcome breathe of fresh air.
Enrolled at Tech in Fall of '78, escaped in Winter of '83 with a B.S in Architecture. Continued on at University of Detroit with a B. or Architecture and have stayed in the metro Detroit area ever since. Have my own "firm" (sole proprietor) a 24 y.o. daughter and 5 y.o. son. Attended Tech at was was probably its lowest point for football and basketball. With that history and limited broadcasts in B10 country, lost interest for quite a while in Tech sports. I try to make it to the 5 year homecoming games, looking forward to making the trip to Pitt in '14 and ND again in '15. (Saw the '97 and '07 games there as well._